'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Author
'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman (Read 35,415 times)

ikarop

ikarop

In a recent interview with MTV, Tom Rothman, CEO of Fox has stated that "Not one frame of Prometheus will be cut". He goes further and says "If that means it's an R rating, so be it".

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/763559/not-one-frame-of-prometheus-will-be-cut-says-tim-rothman.jhtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7QTB2meTE#ws

Virgil

Virgil

Jesus, iKarop!

How many more articles should I stay up for? Fantastic work  :D

Though it says I can't watch the video because I'm not a US resident. Is there a link anywhere else?

Sigglas

I really hope he means it. I really do.

ikarop

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 09:52:14 PM
Jesus, iKarop!

Though it says I can't watch the video because I'm not a US resident. Is there a link anywhere else?

Working on it.

DJ Pu$$yface

Good. Let's hope it doesn't change.

bioweapon

if this is true:

suddenly the world seems such a perfect place   :)

Virgil

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 26, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
Jesus, iKarop!

Working on it.

Cheers mate.

ThisBethesdaSea

FU€KIN YEAH!!!!!!

That's more like it Rothman!!

Space Sweeper

Deuterium

I hate to play the pessimist, or cynic...however, Tom Rothman's statement remains absolutely true if a studio can submit two or more "cuts" of a film for the MPAA to review.  If the MPAA gives one a PG-13 rating, and another an "R" rating, then Rothman can choose to release the PG-13 version without "making any cuts".

I am not sure if this is a possibility...for all I know the MPAA may only allow submission of a single "cut",  which they will review and make recommendations/judgements.  Does anyone know if multiple cuts of a film can be jointly submitted to the MPAA for review?

ikarop

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 10:02:33 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 26, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
Jesus, iKarop!

Working on it.

Cheers mate.

Done! You can find a Youtube link in the OP.

Snowdog

Doing my best over here to film it for you guys  ::) But i'm already to late :-[ But this interview definitly made my day.

Nightmare Asylum

Says for me the video is unavailable.

Anyways, awesome news! I personally don't care whether its PG-13 or R, but its great to know that it will be whatever its intended to be!

Snowdog

At least you guys have the interesting part already ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0cSg2Jyi9s#

Predaker

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed