3D Quality Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Apr 22, 2012, 05:25:06 AM

Author
3D Quality Confirmed (Read 7,850 times)

nieves50

nieves50

No....it's not worth it....If the story is garbage, all that fancy 3D ain't going to fix it...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: escroto on Apr 22, 2012, 01:20:57 PM
Never watched a film on 3-d before. Is It really worth the extra cash you btw gotta pay?

No. It's just distracting. 3-D is weird. It's unnatural. And for me it makes movies less immersive.

Despicable Dugong

Despicable Dugong

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 22, 2012, 05:49:25 AM
I am neither blind in one eye, nor color blind...and I will assiduously avoid any and all 3-D versions of any friggin' movie.  I hate this stupid trend, and hope it sinks back into the oblivion from whence it came.

Our minds are designed to reconstruct 2-D imagery into 3-D perception and experience,...without the fancy, migraine inducing tricks.  We have been doing it all of our life...and it works just fine, thank you.

Give me good ol' fashioned Prometheus in old-school 2-D, and I will be happy as a clam.

In case I wasn't clear...F@*k 3-D!

I apologize for that, but I felt an urge to get it off my chest.

X2.

I can't stand 3D. Gives me a headache after about 15 minutes and you have to wear those stupid glasses all through the movie which becomes uncomfortable after about half an hour.

2D all the way.

Kol

Kol

is it true, that people with a lazy eye can't see 3-D?  ??? my right eye is the lazy one.
i have seen jackass 3-D at the cinema (my only film i saw in 3-D), and i saw the 3-D effectz & my eyes didn't hurt.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Kol on Apr 22, 2012, 02:21:01 PM
is it true, that people with a lazy eye can't see 3-D?  ??? my right eye is the lazy one.
i have seen jackass 3-D at the cinema (my only film i saw in 3-D), and i saw the 3-D effectz & my eyes didn't hurt.

ARE YOU SURE???

Sully

Sully

I have a 2011 top-end Sony 1080p Active 55" 3D TV.  I can categorically say that I have never seen anything like Avatar 3D Bluray on it in my life.  And that includes Avatar in 3D at the cinema.  Its no gimmick, it is truly jaw-dropping.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Sully on Apr 22, 2012, 02:57:48 PM
I have a 2011 top-end Sony 1080p Active 55" 3D TV.  I can categorically say that I have never seen anything like Avatar 3D Bluray on it in my life.  And that includes Avatar in 3D at the cinema.  Its no gimmick, it is truly jaw-dropping.

I think that you indirectly make the point that 3D won't reach the true immersive WOW factor until they get it to work in cinemas without needing to wear glasses.

I already have to wear regular glasses in the cinema. Two pairs is just ridiculous.

Sully

Sully

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 22, 2012, 03:18:03 PM

I think that you indirectly make the point that 3D won't reach the true immersive WOW factor until they get it to work in cinemas without needing to wear glasses.

I already have to wear regular glasses in the cinema. Two pairs is just ridiculous.

I made no such point indirectly or otherwise.  For a start, I wear glasses when watching movies.  Secondly, active glasses which I alluded to are even heavier than passive used at the cinema.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 22, 2012, 02:49:07 PM
Quote from: Kol on Apr 22, 2012, 02:21:01 PM

ARE YOU SURE???
http://www.folko.de/images/tentacle2.jpg

i see what you did there, glaive!  ;D

but regarding my question: i've played (beated it) ocarina of time 3-d on the nintendo 3-DS, without hurting myself whatsoever.
and i actually saw the 3-D effect.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Sully on Apr 22, 2012, 03:22:06 PM

I made no such point indirectly or otherwise.  For a start, I wear glasses when watching movies.  Secondly, active glasses which I alluded to are even heavier than passive used at the cinema.

Oh wait, you have to wear glasses for 3d tv?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I honestly have to disagree with that. I have seen three movies in 3D and regular.

I guess the best way to say it is this. A box in 3D is still a box. Story, Plot, Characters etc, those are the things that should matter. Not whether it's in 3D, IMAX, or mono sound B&W Film.  :)

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

If the film is shot in 3D, then I would say yes it is worth it. I stay away from "post converted" 3D as it adds little value to the production.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Interesting reactions...

My intention was never to hype the 3D film industry, itself. Only to point out that if anyone was wondering if the 3D aspect of 'Prometheus' was done well or not, that I'd have to say yes. It easily rivals 'Avatar' in that respect.

If you're not interested in 3D, either way, then obviously, it won't matter. Convincing someone, one way or the other, as to the merits of filming things in 3D, wasn't the purpose of my posting this. Just that this project seems to have got it right.

I'd agree with that. The 3D glasses are forced to be slightly further away from the eyes when I wear them, because of that. I'm hoping for them to start producing versions which just clip on, in the near future.

botched

botched

Fellow fans, do not be FOOLED by IMAX 3D it sucks. It is not circularly polarized, so if you tilt your head in the slightest you get image ghosting and eye strain.  This may be why some of you have had bad 3D experiences. DOLBY 3D is a must. Best 3D there is. 

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: botched on Apr 22, 2012, 08:41:32 PM
Fellow fans, do not be FOOLED by IMAX 3D it sucks. It is not circularly polarized, so if you tilt your head in the slightest you get image ghosting and eye strain.  This may be why some of you have had bad 3D experiences. DOLBY 3D is a must. Best 3D there is.

Who can argue with that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed