'Alien Ring'

Started by draken161, Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

Author
'Alien Ring' (Read 24,473 times)

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 26, 2012, 07:29:59 PM
so your point being........??

im sorry i was not aware that the ship in aliens is a different one to the featured craft in alien...........?????

Correct it is the same ship, with 50+ years passing between the first and second movie.  Within that time, volcanic activity had ruptured a hole in "the hammer" making it possible for Newt's family to get inside at the location they did.

Eagle-Fire

Eagle-Fire

Quote from: Henry Ellis on Mar 26, 2012, 07:32:35 PM
Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 26, 2012, 07:29:59 PM
so your point being........??

im sorry i was not aware that the ship in aliens is a different one to the featured craft in alien...........?????

Correct it is the same ship, with 50+ years passing between the first and second movie.  Within that time, volcanic activity had ruptured a hole in "the hammer" making it possible for Newt's family to get inside at the location they did.

oh......well i........guess your........correct?

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Haha all good dude.  8)

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

I think it is the same ship and the same planet. I suspect the huge dust cloud is in fact a result of Engineer terraforming technology and the reason the derelict look fossilised in Alien is that the terraformig tech somehow acellerates the natural process.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: RustiSwordz on Mar 26, 2012, 07:50:28 PM
I think it is the same ship and the same planet. I suspect the huge dust cloud is in fact a result of Engineer terraforming technology and the reason the derelict look fossilised in Alien is that the terraformig tech somehow acellerates the natural process.

I think that people all thought that the derelict looked like something organic rather than a fossil, but the space jockey looked fossilised in the loose sense of the word

Eagle-Fire

Eagle-Fire

it is the same ship!!!!!!!!!! same planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) :D ;D

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 26, 2012, 09:55:21 PM

It must then be same ship but different design

Eagle-Fire

Eagle-Fire

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 26, 2012, 09:56:38 PM
Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 26, 2012, 09:55:21 PM

It must then be same ship but different design

in alien the ship has just lost its skin , same as the jockey........the lack of micro orginisms in the dead air stop the craft and pilot from rotting away......they just become dried out and hard like bone  ;) :D ;D

nendo

nendo

Don't forget alot of the design aspects of this film is by choice. So even though there is a difference between prometheus and Alien. The likly reason behind it is down to Ridleys choice in art direction for the film.

I'm not saying its the same ship. I'm saying alot of the design in this film is by choice.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 26, 2012, 09:53:42 PM
Quote from: RustiSwordz on Mar 26, 2012, 07:50:28 PM

I think that people all thought that the derelict looked like something organic rather than a fossil, but the space jockey looked fossilised in the loose sense of the word

Yes the terreforming speeds up the fossilization process onto decades instead of centuries. The SJ technology, their biomechanics when the ship 'dies' the organic part rots away leaving the bare bone structure which then fozzilizes.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: RustiSwordz on Mar 26, 2012, 11:10:30 PM
Yes the terreforming speeds up the fossilization process onto decades instead of centuries. The SJ technology, their biomechanics when the ship 'dies' the organic part rots away leaving the bare bone structure which then fozzilizes.

Funny, I don't recall the Nostromo crew having to chip away tons of sedimentary rock to expose the Space Jockey.

Hmmm, now why might that be ?

First Blood

First Blood

To reiterate Deuterium's point on the first page. The Jockey wasn't fossilized. He was mummified.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 26, 2012, 11:22:02 PM
Quote from: RustiSwordz on Mar 26, 2012, 11:10:30 PM

Funny, I don't recall the Nostromo crew having to chip away tons of sedimentary rock to expose the Space Jockey.

Hmmm, now why might that be ?

Dont hmmmmm me please. Thanks Im just a fan like the rest of you making a guess. Im not a scientist.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 26, 2012, 11:26:00 PM
To reiterate Deuterium's point on the first page. The Jockey wasn't fossilized. He was mummified.
Captain Dallas makes a mistake and everyone leaps on board. Silly guy shouldn't be running no shuttle, either...  ;)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 26, 2012, 11:36:49 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Mar 26, 2012, 11:26:00 PM
Captain Dallas makes a mistake and everyone leaps on board. Silly guy shouldn't be running no shuttle, either...  ;)

"Damnit Lambert, i'm a captain not a scientist!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed