'Alien Ring'

Started by draken161, Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

Author
'Alien Ring' (Read 24,463 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Ucdavisnum1 on Jan 16, 2012, 05:22:36 AM
Quote from: draken161 on Jan 15, 2012, 03:03:24 AM
A lot of shots in the trailer seem to point toward the SJ ship present in the trailer is the very same as that of the one present on LV-426. I am confused as to whether the planet the ship crashes on is the very same planet or not.

I've been saying it for awhile that it is the same ship, and the "planet" in the trailer is really a moon (you can see a larger planetoid object in the background in the trailer).  LV-426 is a moon.  Connect the dots.  Everything is really the same from the ship to the moon.

Yep !

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: JKS1 on Jan 16, 2012, 08:06:59 AM
A lot of shots in the trailer seem to point toward the SJ ship present in the trailer is the very same as that of the one present on LV-426. I am confused as to whether the planet the ship crashes on is the very same planet or not.

I've been saying it for awhile that it is the same ship, and the "planet" in the trailer is really a moon (you can see a larger planetoid object in the background in the trailer).  LV-426 is a moon.  Connect the dots.  Everything is really the same from the ship to the moon.

Yep !

I believe this also +1000.
They deliberately released interviews that it's not the same planet or the same ship to throw us of the scent. They also released pictures and trailer with the interior of the ship, with a different chair platform and different wall designs just to make fun of us.It's a conspiracy. It's logical that it's the same ship, same planet, same mofo jockey. Damn them.

I apologize for my sarcasm in advance :)

Master

Master

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 16, 2012, 07:59:07 AM
Quote from: deuterium on Jan 16, 2012, 03:46:59 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 16, 2012, 01:05:25 AM
The jockey in Alien is fossilized in the chair.  There isn't enough time between Prometheus and Alien for this to happen.  I think that regardless of what we find out in Prometheus, the derelict on LV-426 is a ship from another time and will probably be continuing to collect dust as the events of Prometheus unfold somewhere else in the universe.

A small correction, if I may...
I've tried to explain this a few times before, but everyone keeps using the term "fossilized", which is wrong.  Yes, I understand that is what Dallas (or was it Kane) said when they saw the Space Jockey, but they were using improper terminology (they weren't scientists, after all... they were essentially merchant marines).  Fossilization is a sedimentary process, in which organic matter is replaced by minerals after being completely covered in sediment...and it takes millions of years.

The Space Jockey was not a "fossil", but rather it had been naturally "mummified" by being exposed to the atmosphere of LV-426, which presumedly is low in oxygen and water (vapor) and extreme cold.
^ People should pay more attention to this.

That`s logical, but still I think word fossilized was used in Alien to infrom us that Derlict (obviously) was there for very very long time. That`s what whole Lovecraftina theme is about.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ravager on Jan 16, 2012, 04:19:13 AM
Popsicle works to! :P

:laugh:

HOMER SIMPSON: Mmm... Space Jockey popsicle *drool*

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Master on Jan 16, 2012, 02:13:14 PM
The jockey in Alien is fossilized in the chair.  There isn't enough time between Prometheus and Alien for this to happen.  I think that regardless of what we find out in Prometheus, the derelict on LV-426 is a ship from another time and will probably be continuing to collect dust as the events of Prometheus unfold somewhere else in the universe.

I've tried to explain this a few times before, but everyone keeps using the term "fossilized", which is wrong.  Yes, I understand that is what Dallas (or was it Kane) said when they saw the Space Jockey, but they were using improper terminology (they weren't scientists, after all... they were essentially merchant marines).  Fossilization is a sedimentary process, in which organic matter is replaced by minerals after being completely covered in sediment...and it takes millions of years.

The Space Jockey was not a "fossil", but rather it had been naturally "mummified" by being exposed to the atmosphere of LV-426, which presumedly is low in oxygen and water (vapor) and extreme cold.

That`s logical, but still I think word fossilized was used in Alien to infrom us that Derlict (obviously) was there for very very long time. That`s what whole Lovecraftina theme is about.

that there are rotten spacecrafts around the universe?  ???

what deuterium says, makes absolutely sense.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote'Alien Ring'
In space, you will die in seven days.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 16, 2012, 04:16:04 PM
Quote'Alien Ring'
In space, you will die in seven days.

That could well have been the next Alien movie

Master

Master

Quote from: Kol on Jan 16, 2012, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: Master on Jan 16, 2012, 02:13:14 PM

that there are rotten spacecrafts around the universe?  ???

what deuterium says, makes absolutely sense.

Yeah there are rotten spacecrafts...  ::)

Ucdavisnum1

Ucdavisnum1

Quote from: zuzuki on Jan 16, 2012, 12:44:29 PM

Yep !

They deliberately released interviews that it's not the same planet or the same ship to throw us of the scent. They also released pictures and trailer with the interior of the ship, with a different chair platform and different wall designs just to make fun of us.It's a conspiracy. It's logical that it's the same ship, same planet, same mofo jockey. Damn them.

Also, for the "interview people"  scott also stated that the prometheus environment will take place in the alpha centauri system.  This is the same system that contains LV-426.  So, if its not LV-426, then what?

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Ucdavisnum1 on Jan 16, 2012, 07:33:11 PM

Yep !

Also, for the "interview people"  scott also stated that the prometheus environment will take place in the alpha centauri system.  This is the same system that contains LV-426.  So, if its not LV-426, then what?

LV-426 is located in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system

The Runner

The Runner

Yep !

The ship is going to crashland on Pandora and then you will see Xenomorphs coming out of Na'vi and Space Jockeys shooting them down with laz0r guns.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

That why I always assumed the ship has been lying there for millions of years, which was that much more intriguing for me. The idea of some very ancient evil which was awaken by the crew of nostromo

The Runner

The Runner

Yeah I always thought the Jockey was mummified also.

Wasnt its 'tongue' intact?

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 16, 2012, 07:45:55 PM

That why I always assumed the ship has been lying there for millions of years, which was that much more intriguing for me. The idea of some very ancient evil which was awaken by the crew of nostromo

As long as the environmental conditions remain the same, a mummified corpse can last thousands, if not millions of years...which would be exactly the case on an alien world which has a reducing atmosphere, low water vapor content, and no microorganisms.  Also, it was inside the ship, so it was protected from winds and sand that would ablate the corpse over time, as well as protected from UV radiation (from the planetoid/moon's) sun. 

Note:  the mummification process could happen in as short a time as a few months.  That would be the lower limit.  The upper limit could conceivably be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years.  From a purely scientific standpoint, it gets a bit more problematic the longer the geological time.  Would the Jockey spacecraft remain essentially intact over millions of years of being exposed to high winds with potentially ablative grit?  Also, is the planetoid tectonically quiescent?  If not, and it is active, then that poses other problems the longer the time duration (e.g. volcanism, geologic uplift or rifting, etc.)

Ucdavisnum1

Ucdavisnum1

Quote from: Miker30 on Jan 16, 2012, 07:39:18 PM

Yep !

LV-426 is located in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system

my apologies, on a lot of cold medication. but scott did say that the sector involved will be the same. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed