A Few Thoughts and Opinions On Some Things....

Started by AnthonyWC70788, Dec 28, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Author
A Few Thoughts and Opinions On Some Things.... (Read 4,874 times)

AnthonyWC70788

I posted some of this in another topic but thought it might be better posted all on its own because it seriously tends to differ in alot of ways then the original post it was in and also brings forth alot of other thoughts or beliefs or opinions that I have and would like to know what you all think. So here goes, and would everyone please be kind lol. I have been tossing alot of this around in my head from reading here and all over the internet about this movie. Thanks in advance...

What you are about to read is quotes and pics pulled from all over the internet about Prometheus. I am sorry for the entire length of this article but I needed to post almost all of it, with a few added stuff here and there, to try and get what I am saying across. So here we go....

First let me start with this picture...

If you enlarge the picture of the "saucer" you can clearly see designs on the bottom of it, especially on the right side of it, there seems to be some sort of circle or something. You can also see when enlarged that the "saucer" is some sort of the same kind of material as the "derelict". Now this could somehow say that they are from the same race. Also this should put to rest the idea that the "saucer" is in fact a worm hole or anything, as it clearly has mass and is a solid object. Also, when enlarged, if you look in the mist below it, above where the waterfall is, you can clearly see some other solid object that appears not to be connected to the "saucer" kind of rectangle shaped. I am wondering if this whole thing we are looking at might in fact may be some kind of temple. Maybe this is the beginning of time and the archaeology dig in turn finds this place which is the temple of some sorts. We still havent seen I believe anything that points to the dig or whatever where they find the coordinates. Or maybe we have and we havent been able to put it anywhere. But this could explain this because it for some reason, with the shape of it, just does not belong in the universe of Alien that we have seen so far with the ships.

Second...

I think that what you see on the top of the chair is something that the "blue guy, or engineer, or jockey, or whoever" when he sits in the chair that sticks into his back. When you lighten up the picture above it clearly looks like something sticks into his back or has holes or voids for something on his back. And this going with the biomechanoid subject matter is how he can interact with the ship or become one with the ship. Others have said that this might be and it very well could possibly be the helmet. I do not really believe this. Because for one if you look at this next picture, then this would make no sense at all if this was in fact the helmet lying on the ground, and if the helmet was in fact on the chair above in those pictures then how the hell did it come off of there in the first place. And it doesnt make much sense if he has to sit in the chair for the helmet then why is it on the ground in the other picture? And does the ship just randomly make new helmets for different pilots? I dont think so....

Third.....

I believe, we havent seen hardly anything about this movie yet. Scott was quoted only days before or during the teasers for the trailer that we saw as saying that we havent seen anything yet, referring to the leaked trailer, and that he has kept alot of stuff locked up.

Quote"He was marvellous, but he's cooked," laughs 74 year old Ridley Scott of the Nostromo's unforgettable chestbursting stowaway. "He's now got an orange in his mouth." What Alien's famous director wants to make clear, as post production on his much-vaunted $100 million, 3D return to the science-fiction genre, draws close, is that he has gone back to the universe of his groundbreaking classic, but he's also moved on. "I felt there was still life in the old sod, but it has evolved into something else. To stick to the story, you don't really get it until about eight minutes from the end." Deep down in its scaly heart, Prometheus is an Alien prequel, but not as we know it.

It certainly embraces the Alien aesthetic; that biomechanoid phantasmagoria born of  H.R. Gigers pervy art and his director's unerring eye. "It does," agrees Scott ",but it's also different..." This is as much a metter of scope as anything. With a much bigger budget, Scott has been utlising all the tools availible to him: high-end digital effects ("Avatar set the bar high"), filming in 3D ("You engage more, you're drawn in") and building massive Giger-esque sets across Pinewood that oozed the atmosphere that defined his career ("I still believe in putting in the proscenium")

The cast went giddy at the belly-of-the-beast effect of the giant sets. If Alien was a souped-up B-Movie, then Prometheus is a biblical epic. "Alien felt epic," says Scott ", but this one is Epic."

Barring a beach scene in the long cut of Alien 3, the new film will feature the franchise's first genuine exterior, with Iceland's black lava fields providing the new planet's hardscrabble surface (LV-426 was created on a soundstage). Thematically, too, it's gone big. This is God versus Science, and  the survival of not just the crew (most of whom probably don't) but mankind itself. In other words, there is a whole 2001-vibe going on. "It's gone off in a new direction," boasts Scott ", but I promise it will engage you in the first five minutes."

The script, written by Jon Spaihts and Lost's Damon Lindelof, based on "one single thought" Scott drew from the original, initially follows a familiar arc. The crew of the Prometheus (the ship's name designed to echo the Greek myth) follow a perplexing message to a planet that will open their eyes and their chests to a new alien race. "A crew of scientists embark on a journey somebody else is paying for," says the director, referring to the fact Charlize Theron's Meredith Vickers is a "suit" for a certain Weyland-Yutani. Meanwhile, Michael Fassbender may or may not be an early model of Ash's android and may or may not be trustworthy. And Noomi Rapace's archaeologist heroine, Elizabeth Shaw - a spiritual cousin to "Rippers" - is one half of a conflicted couple of Logan Marshall-Green's Holloway: "One comes from a position of faith, and the other is pure scientist," details Scott. Both are going to have a lot to swallow.

Even at the time of Alien, some 32 years ago, Scott mentioned he was interested in exploring the origins of the 'Space Jockey', the dead pilot of the derelict "space croissant". He talked about bioengineering and biological warfare as potential themes. Has he been able to satisfy his curiosity in that respect? "Definitely." And what significance can we draw from the pictures slowly being released, especially the giant humanoid 'head' that looms over what Scott terms the "ampule chamber"? "Oh there's a lot more to it," he says wafting explanations away, "I've locked up all the sweet stuff..." Including something familiar, perhaps?

Source: Empire Magazine Issue 272 - Feb 2012

Make of that what you want, but it seems he is clearly stating that there it way more to this movie then what people have seen of believe..

Also, I believe that he is somehow referring to the Xenomorphs or Aliens or whatever you want to call it. After going through all of this stuff for this movie for the past 2 years or so, it clear that he has commented about having to redo the classic Xeno because it was not scary anymore. He has also said that the Xeno takes characteristics from his host and so forth and that we was trying to show the before or pure Xeno and this is where I think the "Alien DNA" comes into play. Think about it, takes characteristics from the host, kind of like some kind of DNA.

Just think about that and read this interview with MTV that was made when it was still a "supposed" Alien Prequel...

Quote"MTV: So will you be creating new aliens for your prequel?

Scott: What you have to do is — were there four or five "Alien" films? I can't remember how many followed.

MTV: There were three after you, then the "Alien vs. Predator" nonsense.

Scott: Yeah, the thing about "Alien vs. Predator" is, I know it's commerce, but what a pity. I think, therefore, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger.

MTV: OK.

Scott: I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out.

MTV: Will you consult the original alien designer, H.R. Giger, on these ideas?

Scott: Yeah, he's still around. Once I get more serious and get going, and the big wheels start turning, we'll certainly talk. And maybe we'll come up with something completely different.

MTV: In your mind, when do cameras begin rolling on the film?

Scott: We're hoping to have it in theaters in late 2011, or maybe the best date in 2012.

MTV: Have you given any thought on how you'll feel when you walk on set that first time, how you'll deal with the déjà vu from 1979?

Scott: Yeah, it'll be weird, because I always said I'll never do a sequel. [Laughs.]

MTV: What made you change your mind?

Scott: Honestly? They've squeezed the franchise dry. The first one will always be the most frightening, because the beast we put together with Giger and all its parts — the face-hugger, the chest-burster, the egg — they were all totally original, and that's hard to follow. ... I've always avoided sequels, unless I felt there was something fresh."

And then there was this interview...

The full interview:
http://filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/interview-ridley-scott-talks-prometheus-giger-beginning-of-man-and-original-alien/

Quote"EGE: So you are linking this directly with the Alien films?

RS: Not at all.

EGE: Not at all?

RS: No.

EGE: No?

RS: I mean, you could actually say, and there's a quote I did, a pretty good quote: By the end of the third act you start to realize there's a DNA of the very first alien, but none of the subsequent aliens. To tell you what that is is a pity, and I'm not going to tell you, because it's actually pretty good, pretty organic to the process and to the original. But we go back, we don't go forward.

EGE: The official synopsis from Fox says that this revolves around the "Alien Gods", the "Space Jockey" from the first film.

RS: Yeah, so there you have that. I was always amazed that, I mean, I've only done two science-fictions, but I was always amazed that no one asked who the hell the Space Jockey was. He wasn't even called the Space Jockey. During the film they started to call it the Space Jockey. I don't know who started that one off. I always thought it was amazing that no one ever asked who he was, and why was he there? What was all that about? I sat thinking about this for a while and thought, well, there's a story! And the other four [films] missed it! So, here it is.

EGE: The tone of the film, according to the official synopsis, and the tone of the premise, sounds a lot more mythological than the original Alien films. The original Alien films revolved around industrial settings and premises and social situations rather than anything mythological.

RS: The original Alien was a pretty savage engine. I've always said it was a C-movie done in an A-way. Because it was the Old Dark House, you know. Seven people in the Old Dark House, and they're all going to die. (He laughs) And they're gonna die horribly and that in itself is a tricky exercise, because you can do it well, you can do it badly. But somehow that worked. It turned out pretty well.

I think one of the reasons why I've never gone back to science-fiction, even though I've often noodled around, thought about it, looked for story, looked for material, is that there's a nice purity to the original Alien. It's fairly pure. And this one does actually raise all kinds of other questions, because if someone could, a being, could be as monstrously clever to create something like we experienced in the very first one – I always figured it's a weapon, and I always figured that [the ship in the first Alien] was a carrier of weapons. Therefore, who is that, inside that suit? That wasn't a skeleton, that was a suit. And if you open up the suit, what do you get inside it? And why were they going, where were they going?

EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he's now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!"

Also just the other day Charlize Theron was quoted in an interview, and by the way some of you all need to read this interview, when asked if we would see the Xenomorph bursting out of peoples chest, she did not deny it and said "maybe and that you never know with Ridley and stuff about this movie being great and all that".

This from TotalFilm...

Quote"TotalFilm: Is Vickers simular to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley:

Theron: "No, I actually don't play the heroine in it; that's Noomi Rapace. I play somewhat of a villain in it." [My character] is not a believer, she's not a scientist, she is the red tape that everyone has to go through. She's working with the company that's sponsoring this whole thing and you can feel she definitely has an agenda, which we pick up in the third act. She's more quiet thunder."

TotalFilm: Are Xenomorphs bursting through chests in Prometheus?:

Theron: "Maybe! I mean if you're a Ridley Scott fan and you love the genre, then you're going to be happy. You're going to be very, very happy."

Now for a movie to be not having "Aliens" in it like Scott said and everyone to be denying they are in it. There are way to many conflicting stories. To many leaks from sources before and actors on board saying they were killed by aliens or that there were aliens in it just slightly different.

Quote"Though security on the set is very tight with the good weather, dock doors have been open and cast and crew have been enjoying lunch outdoors.
I can confirm seeing 3 aliens having lunch. Not the whole costume but blueish costumes and the unmistakable heads hanging around their shoulders"

"The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour. As for the suits black boots and shoulder pads the rest was a Chelsea blue body suit could be for SFX, all the sets around the back of the bond stage have huge green chromokey maybe that's a clue.
I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film."

And with Rafe Spall saying this...

Quote"It does feel like there's a forward momentum," he says, in his wide south-east London accent. "Things in the last 18 months have picked up, and it's sort of inexplicable. Doing Prometheus was what you imagine being an actor is like when you're five. In a spacesuit, on another planet, getting killed by an alien. It was a real treat, it felt like being a part of movie history. As an actor, you try and be cool, but one of the reasons you become an actor is because you're a film fan."

Even what Fassbender has said in past interviews. I think there will be the creature Xenomorph in it, just not like anything we have seen before. Like Scott said pure form, before and different then what we have seen in previous movies. That way, he does not scare anyone off, media or displeased fans, from the bad taste that was left from some of the previous movies, doesnt spoil the movie or plot at all, and keeps it interesting and scary all at the same time. You think he wants you to know the entire movie or what surprises he has for you a full six months or so before the movie comes out. No way, no how. Believe me.

Like this story from Marketsaw that had someone leak info to them, it seems to show that the "Alien" will be in it but really different then what we saw, and alot of what was said has come to be true and oh by the way... is a full 8 months before now, coming out in April 2011...

Quote"This is directly taken (mid email) from my source (emphasis is mine):

Be aware, there is a campaign of disinformation that is going to be used about this upcoming movie, I do not know that if inadvertently I am being used, however, the manner in which the conversation came about, I seriously doubt it.

Ridley Scott's sci-fi movie, currently going by the name Prometheus, is going to be a very large and intense story, with a scope that is epic, the final act is where the movie switches gears and shifts into Aliens territory. Pinewood houses an exact replica of the H R Giger Space Jockey command post. You may notice in the original Alien that the Space Jockey had a puncture on its considerably large chest, where the xenomorph broke out through the flesh of the creature and broke through the biomechanical armor it wears. You may also notice how big the Space Jockey is in relation to its human counter parts in the film. So imagine how big the baby must be, which is yet to grow. Then imagine quite a few of these. If you can do that, you got a pretty good grasp on the final act. And do not be expecting the traditional look either, these are very different creatures that will keep the general architecture of the xenomorph, but will have a considerably different look, and do very perverse things.

However, before all of this I hear that the story is not only reminiscent of 2001, but is also trying to push the boundaries of what a modern tent pole science fiction movie could be. This is all I can share, but trust me, you seriously need to start being excited about this project, because not only is this I am assured, not nostalgia for nostalgia reasons, but a whole new spin on that old chestnut.(Editor's note: I am definitely excited about this project! As many of you can attest I'm sure :-)

The story is a very closely guarded secret in Hollywood, and while it is not a direct prequel "officially" it has more than just passing ties towards the Alien saga's canon. You will have all the things that worked in the Alien canon, and very new and fresh and some controversial ideas presented, sexuality is dealt with quite directly. There may even be a robot or two. And the ship, which I am told is the current titles name, Prometheus. Highly original, both in concept and design I hear."

And also this one from Sky Movies. Which again was way before all of what we know now about the movie....

Quote"It turns out that Ridley Scott's recent comments that Prometheus would be a departure from the Aliens series are somewhat misleading.

An exclusive source has told us that not only are HR Giger's classic aliens in it, but that they're integral to the plot.

Mere hours after the announcement that Michael Fassbender is locked in to play an android with rumoured links to Aliens' Bishop series, our insider sources have revealed that he's not the only one with strong links to the series' past.

"They've built the 'space jockey' cockpit at Pinewood as seen in the original Alien film, so it definitely takes place in the same world as Alien", they told us.

"Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."

And as for Scott's comments noting that "keen fans will recognise strands of Alien's DNA"?

It turns out there was the slightest hint of misdirection - apparently the actual DNA of the xenomorphs is integral to the plot - and will see the cast jet off to the alien homeworld itself.

"Part of the film will be shot in Morocco. I've heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world. I've also heard Morocco is being used for alien planet landscapes so I'm not sure if it's an archaeological dig on another planet," they revealed.

It gets weirder too, with Damon Lindelof's script set to crank up the sci-fi angle to maximum effect.

"The main spaceship in the film will be piloted by an enormous head which I assume will be CGI. Yep, sounds weird but I assume some of the technology will be sort of biomechanical."

Believe me people we havent seen anything yet. I believe we have only seen a very small percentage, possibly even as low as 25% of what all is included in the movie. Thank you for sitting through all of this and reading it all, the ones who did, I have truly enjoyed this past year or so looking with anticipation. I might not have posted all of the time and instead just sat and read through everyones opinions, beliefs, and spoilers. But boy am I glad I found this website. And as a fan of Alien and that Universe we all seem to love, I absolutely can not wait.... Anthony

atlantis

Excellent..thnx for posting

Infected

I pointed that out on another threat about the saucer.
But it easily could be an office for Weyland with a great outlook on some nice waterfalls and stuff.
We only see a glimps so its hard to speculate what it is.

whiterabbit

"there's a DNA of the very first alien, but none of the subsequent aliens"

So he is talking about the movies or the actual very first alien we see, the facehugger?

Promethean Fire

Anthony, I think you are right about us seeing possibly lower than 25% of the movie so far.  In fact, I am really hoping that the trailer is pretty much comprised of footage from the first and a little bit of the second act.

As for whether or not the classic Xenomoprh will feature, quite frankly, I'm over it now. lol  I've accepted this as a Space Jockey movie and not an Alien movie.  However, the trailer did raise a few eyebrows regarding whether or not we will see the creature in one form or another.  If the Alien is really the most adaptable killing machine in the universe, if you stripped it of all its hybridized and adapted appendages and got down to its original form, surely an acidic form of goo would be it, right? lol  And if it has always had parasitic type lifecycle than we will see it inherit some traits from whatever species of host it attacks in the movie to where we reach a version that is only a few steps down the evolutionary ladder from the creature we saw in the in the original movie.

ThisBethesdaSea

Interesting. I've read all of these interviews before. I supposed you could have put this under the 'No Aliens in Prometheus' topic as that's what you're getting at. This thread is about whether or not there will be aliens in the film. I think it's a safe bet to say, as so many have, we will get a new creature designed with the architecture of Gigers Alien in mind but a fresh look.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 28, 2011, 02:55:34 PM
Interesting. I've read all of these interviews before. I supposed you could have put this under the 'No Aliens in Prometheus' topic as that's what you're getting at. This thread is about whether or not there will be aliens in the film. I think it's a safe bet to say, as so many have, we will get a new creature designed with the architecture of Gigers Alien in mind but a fresh look.

I actually think we have the basic plot/events of the movie more or less nailed... and we have done for several months (high level of course). Much of the devil is in the detail though... and this will be the deal breaker. In the original alien movie, if we'd known well in advance that Kane gets "infected" whilst investigating an alien derelict spacecraft, it may very well have effectively described events, but of course it wouldn't have been reflective of how it's actually realised/played out on screen. My point being that I think we have a lot of accurate information/guess work/conjecture that we've been discussing for several months; but what Ridley et al do with it 'on screen', will be much superior to how it reads high level.

Highland

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 28, 2011, 03:12:19 PM

I actually think we have the basic plot/events of the movie more or less nailed... and we have done for several months (high level of course). Much of the devil is in the detail though... and this will be the deal breaker. In the original alien movie, if we'd known well in advance that Kane gets "infected" whilst investigating an alien derelict spacecraft, it may very well have effectively described events, but of course it wouldn't have been reflective of how it's actually realised/played out on screen. My point being that I think we have a lot of accurate information/guess work/conjecture that we've been discussing for several months; but what Ridley et al do with it 'on screen', will be much superior to how it reads high level.

To be honest though, most of that guess work comes from scripts that we don't even know are real. If you take just Scott's info, there really isn't a lot to go on.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Highland on Dec 28, 2011, 03:22:23 PM

To be honest though, most of that guess work comes from scripts that we don't even know are real. If you take just Scott's info, there really isn't a lot to go on.

That is true... but there are only so many ways to boil an egg, skin a cat etc. and if nothing else, it's very interesting to see how some simple images from the trailer can re-assert some of the things we've been speculating for months. I'd be surprised if the trailer didn't accurately depict the general events of the movie. I'd be surprised if we'd got the basic elements of the story completely wrong.

Eighty_Five

I hope that if there is an Alien in the movie its not too far from the original design. I don't think the Aliens look is old or burnt out at all and I don't see a need to really change whats not broken. There are so many different movies with Aliens and IMO none of them come close to being as cool looking as the Giger Aliens from the Alien saga.

ryanjayhawk

I think the idea that there is a whole campaign of misinformation is absolutely, spot on.  I think the trailer and even the leaked footage was made available in a highly directed way.  Nothing we have gotten our hands on wasn't given to us... even the leaked trailer footage were shots that were being contemplated for the trailer and thus don't really tell us anything.  Is their an Alien in the new movie, absolutely... do we know anything about it, absolutely not.

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

Yeah that was my thoughts to. I was just clearing it up that I thought there were probably some kind of alien in this, though it is highly likely that it wont be the "classic xenomorph" as he clearly states...

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 28, 2011, 01:22:24 PM
"there's a DNA of the very first alien, but none of the subsequent aliens"

So he is talking about the movies or the actual very first alien we see, the facehugger?

I think he is actually talking about the first alien from the first movie. Another words the one that was basically the star of the first movie Alien....

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Dec 28, 2011, 02:44:09 PM
Anthony, I think you are right about us seeing possibly lower than 25% of the movie so far.  In fact, I am really hoping that the trailer is pretty much comprised of footage from the first and a little bit of the second act.

As for whether or not the classic Xenomoprh will feature, quite frankly, I'm over it now. lol  I've accepted this as a Space Jockey movie and not an Alien movie.  However, the trailer did raise a few eyebrows regarding whether or not we will see the creature in one form or another.  If the Alien is really the most adaptable killing machine in the universe, if you stripped it of all its hybridized and adapted appendages and got down to its original form, surely an acidic form of goo would be it, right? lol  And if it has always had parasitic type lifecycle than we will see it inherit some traits from whatever species of host it attacks in the movie to where we reach a version that is only a few steps down the evolutionary ladder from the creature we saw in the in the original movie.

I really do not care what he has in mind, just make it awesome looking, make the story great, and make me want to watch this thing again to try and figure it out some more...

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 28, 2011, 03:55:24 PM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 28, 2011, 03:22:23 PM

That is true... but there are only so many ways to boil an egg, skin a cat etc. and if nothing else, it's very interesting to see how some simple images from the trailer can re-assert some of the things we've been speculating for months. I'd be surprised if the trailer didn't accurately depict the general events of the movie. I'd be surprised if we'd got the basic elements of the story completely wrong.

Honestly I dont think we have gotten it wrong at all. I just think there is loads that we do not know about yet and when the movie comes out we will find out that in fact we werent seeing the whole picture or even half of the picture....

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 28, 2011, 12:01:36 PM
Excellent..thnx for posting

Thank you...

Also something else...
That radio transmission at the beginning of the trailer. I kind of I guess analyzed it and came up with this....

What sounds like Shaw....

You have got to stop...
**gargle** prometh.. prometheu...
I was wr.. wrong.. it was so wrong....
**deep breathing over and over**
I'm so sorry....

And then music cues up and the rest of the trailer starts to go on.
I wish someone would analyze the snippets that are cut out at the end of the trailer. Where the video cuts in and out. At first it looks like static but when you watch it over and over you can definitely see that it is cutting to images that definitely have something on it. It cuts out twice I think.

Can anyone get anywhere with this? Possibly by slowing it down or something... Anthony

atlantis

atlantis

Pics from the video out cuts

Spoiler

[close]

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 31, 2011, 10:25:09 AM
Pics from the video out cuts

Spoiler

[close]

Thank you Atlantis, one of your pics are not showing up, and unfortunately, I think that one might be the most important one. I do see something in the picture but can not make out what it is. Anyone else want to give it a try lol... Anthony

SiL

Looks like the static you see in Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed