A L I E N vault & PROMETHEUS

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Sep 09, 2011, 05:02:43 AM

Author
A L I E N vault & PROMETHEUS (Read 3,733 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

Thought I'd bring back this topic. I'm still in the beginning stages of reading this book, which is fu€king fascinating by the way.....so far, a couple of things, in the original stages of the script for Alien, the creature concept of the creature had its beginnings as a disease or a virus. I'm also seeing concept sketches of the crew with their last names above their faces within the globes on their suit, as we've seen in the Prometheus trailer.

Seems I was right (so far) all along..the story for Prometheus is embedded in the story and concept of Alien. Literally and figuratively.

Valaquen

Valaquen

O'Bannon briefly had the idea of the Alien being an unseen malevolence, I believe. But that was probably too close to Planet of the Vampires or something.

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm seeing more of the unused concept drawings of the space suits from Alien (which are sleeker by the way) pop up in Prometheus...again....just more ideas not used in Alien, now assimilated for Prometheus.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 03, 2012, 05:09:07 AM
O'Bannon briefly had the idea of the Alien being an unseen malevolence, I believe. But that was probably too close to Planet of the Vampires or something.

I finally managed to gain access to the extra material on the Blu-Ray disc and noticed that

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 03, 2012, 04:18:17 AM
Thought I'd bring back this topic. I'm still in the beginning stages of reading this book, which is fu€king fascinating by the way.....so far, a couple of things, in the original stages of the script for Alien, the creature concept of the creature had its beginnings as a disease or a virus. I'm also seeing concept sketches of the crew with their last names above their faces within the globes on their suit, as we've seen in the Prometheus trailer.

Seems I was right (so far) all along..the story for Prometheus is embedded in the story and concept of Alien. Literally and figuratively.

So, do you think Prometheus is ripping off Andromeda Strain then which is what Dan thought about doing?

Okay I mean, "borrowing" instead of "ripping off"

bioweapon

bioweapon

heres an article about the Alien Vault with good pics.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-vault

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed