Interview with Prometheus concept designer Neville Page

Started by Squidlovez, Jul 23, 2011, 06:24:31 PM

Author
Interview with Prometheus concept designer Neville Page (Read 2,848 times)

Squidlovez

Squidlovez

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/07/sdcc-2011-interview-with-prometheus.html
thanks for alien prequel news for this. I am more confused than ever...nah, not that much.

Darkoo

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48907/exclusive-creature-designer-neville-page-talks-super-8-prometheus-and-more

Another widely anticipated flick that Page recently worked on was Ridley Scott's Prometheus, which he described as the ultimate dream come true for him as Scott's original Alien was a huge influence on him as an artist. "I would have been happy if Ridley Scott hired me to take out his garbage every day if it meant that I could say I worked on Prometheus; that's how amazing it was to be working with him. I was such a huge fan of the original Alien when it came out in theaters originally that I couldn't have imagined to have ever had the opportunity to work within the world he created over three decades ago."

And while Page couldn't offer up too many details on Prometheus, he was able to give a few hints about his work on the project.

"There isn't much I can say about the aliens or creatures on Prometheus other than that I can confirm that there ARE beings in this world that are not human in nature," Page answered coyly. " I also can't say what aspect of production I worked on for the film, but I'll tell you this little tidbit: I'm an industrial designer as well so my work on this film could involve anything from that kind of character design, it could also be creature design or it could involve costume design since I do that kind of work as well. Who knows, it could even involve all three."

"But in all seriousness, I'm like a lot of the fans out there; I still want to be surprised too when I finally see a movie I worked on so there is a lot actually that I don't really know about Prometheus, and that was intentional on my part. But I am looking forward to being surprised when it does eventually get released because I know it will be nothing short of amazing," Page added.

JaaayDee

QuoteWho knows, it could even involve all three.

There's his subtle confirmation.

Vulhala

Quote from: Darkoo on Nov 21, 2011, 10:26:51 AM
"There isn't much I can say about the aliens or creatures on Prometheus.".

That's confirmation for me right there. He can't say much about them, but there is a 'them'.

ikarop

There's definitely a 'them'. Also a 'main'. And also 'at the end of the film' according to sources.

Valaquen

Quote from: Darkoo on Nov 21, 2011, 10:26:51 AM
"I was such a huge fan of the original Alien when it came out in theaters originally that I couldn't have imagined to have ever had the opportunity to work within the world he created over three decades ago."
Lovely jubbly  8)

ThisBethesdaSea

Isn't this interview really old? There's nothing new in it.

ThisBethesdaSea

ah.  A new interview with nothing new. lolz :)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, there was still the design he did that had to be something better than Giger, and Page drew his heart out to do it. It was unlikely to be just a costume unless the definition of what a costume is becomes suddenly blurred.

So it was something that Giger would have made biomechanic. An alien monster, a space jockey type entity or a ship or an environment

Engineer1

Page did the Costume designs.
Giger, Martin Rezard and Carlos Huante did the creature work.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 22, 2011, 02:33:53 PM
Page did the Costume designs.
Giger, Martin Rezard and Carlos Huante did the creature work.

I think we'll have to wait till something more definite comes to the surface to explain what Neville was doing

Oh dear, Martin Rezard was the man who gave us those ridiculous Cybermen with flares

It looks more or less as if I'm trying to make enemies out of the whole film production crew

Engineer1

I'm not guessing ;)
I got my sources.

As for Martin Rezard, just know that the work of a concept artist is to do what asked.
He's only as good as the director he works with.
When you look at some designs for the prequels star wars you can see that some artist had great ideas and concepts but then the final decision to go with one design or another was Lucas'.
For exemple i found Matthew Savage artwork pretty bad but with a good art director he can probably produce some good stuff.
Rezard has mad skills when it comes to design, and Scott has a great taste.
So i would not worry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed