Movie is no longer listed in theaters

Started by voltz, Aug 01, 2010, 06:46:13 PM

Author
Movie is no longer listed in theaters (Read 22,880 times)

Rich Green Acid Blood

September 29!? That's crazy fast! Are we sure these are DVDs/Blu-ray and not VHS?

m138jewski

m138jewski

dude, this better be a version with extras and shit and not just the movie like they did with avatar.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 02, 2010, 06:54:18 AM
dude, this better be a version with extras and shit and not just the movie like they did with avatar.
QFT.
I refuse to buy the blu ray twice!

Greylock

Over here Predators is still in the cinema's went to predators two times last week. It is in the top 6 of top 10 movies. So probably it will stay a while in cinema.

skull-splitter

I totally missed the DVD news, but f**k, that actually makes people wait for it to hit the shelves instead of going to the theatre...

Quote from: skull-splitter on Aug 02, 2010, 11:09:20 AM
I totally missed the DVD news, but f**k, that actually makes people wait for it to hit the shelves instead of going to the theatre...

yeah, and to think it was only this year that a lot of cinema's kicked up a fuss when disney wanted to get alice in wonderland out on DVD slightly fater than normal due to the world cup. and that had the advantage of being in 3D in the cinemas

RidgeTop

Quote from: Rich Green Acid Blood on Aug 02, 2010, 06:27:21 AM
September 29!? That's crazy fast! Are we sure these are DVDs/Blu-ray and not VHS?

Considering VHS is not really made anymore, I think we're pretty sure.

Little Sister

Its still showing here in Australia

ElderPredator

I was going to go watch it for the third time yesterday but then I realize it's not there anymore so I was like, FML!!

Rich Green Acid Blood

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 02, 2010, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: Rich Green Acid Blood on Aug 02, 2010, 06:27:21 AM

Considering VHS is not really made anymore, I think we're pretty sure.

It was a joke.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My theater is still playing it, and we are going to take it out by Friday. Too bad the movie did not last long, and had a major drop off in the second week. I feel like AVPR lasted longer in theaters if you ask me.

Quote from: Mikey on Aug 02, 2010, 05:56:55 AM
Technically, I still see it coming out on DVD in two months. We are only on the first of August still, it comes out at the very end of September.

I think we will get a DVD release in early November.

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

It's only made $49mil domestically, which to me is a bomb. Thanks to all the azzholes who didn't pay to see it and help keep the franchise going.

You can't tell me only 6 or 7 million people were a fan of the first Predator movie (49mil divided by $7 per ticket) Where the hell are the rest of the fans of the original movie? Watching the lastest Seth Rogen crapfest?

Edit: the first Predator made 60mil, so at about $3.75 per ticket that's 16 million people, where the hell did they go?

Kev Loaf

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Aug 02, 2010, 08:54:19 PM
It\'s only made $49mil domestically, which to me is a bomb. Thanks to all the azzholes who didn\'t pay to see it and help keep the franchise going.

You can\'t tell me only 6 or 7 million people were a fan of the first Predator movie (49mil divided by $7 per ticket) Where the hell are the rest of the fans of the original movie? Watching the lastest Seth Rogen crapfest?

They probably had their hearts broken by the poor P2 and then had it ripped out completely by AvP and AvPR resulting in them being righting of Predators altogether.

Fox did not give this movie much backing and based on its budget and how awfull the last 3 Pred films were recieved I think Predators has done very well. It had a lot of things going against it and its done well.

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Aug 02, 2010, 08:59:43 PM
It\'s only made $49mil domestically, which to me is a bomb. Thanks to all the azzholes who didn\'t pay to see it and help keep the franchise going.

You can\'t tell me only 6 or 7 million people were a fan of the first Predator movie (49mil divided by $7 per ticket) Where the hell are the rest of the fans of the original movie? Watching the lastest Seth Rogen crapfest?

They probably had their hearts broken by the poor P2 and then had it ripped out completely by AvP and AvPR resulting in them being righting of Predators altogether.

Fox did not give this movie much backing and based on its budget and how awfull the last 3 Pred films were recieved I think Predators has done very well. It had a lot of things going against it and its done well.

Which makes me wonder why they'd hire Rodriguez but then not bother to promote it . . .

Also, P2 made me more excited for Predators, not less. I remember always hoping they'd actually make a movie where the Predator survives. Still waiting . . .

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Aug 02, 2010, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Aug 02, 2010, 08:59:43 PM

Which makes me wonder why they'd hire Rodriguez but then not bother to promote it . . .

Also, P2 made me more excited for Predators, not less. I remember always hoping they'd actually make a movie where the Predator survives. Still waiting . . .

Predators was not Promoted????

I dont see what you are talking about considering the bombardment of tv spots I saw on different channels. The considerable ammount of behind the scenes videos, the character Featurettes, the countless interviews and the appearence of the movie at SXSWW in Austin Texas. And Adrien Brody's Appearence on a letterman (or Leno i dont remember which)

How in the world was this film not promoted? I think this film is a great example of good promotion for a movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed