'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com

Started by The Rogue, Apr 27, 2010, 11:13:26 PM

Author
'The Classic Alien Won't Appear In Ridley Scott's Prequels At All' -Io9.com (Read 20,271 times)

Vulhala

TJ Doc

I have heard stories of the one you call gameoverman. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

Legendary, even.

Mus

I had a look at his replies. Pretty standard NWO stuff. Though, the underground slave cities helping the elite to become interstellar demi-gods with the help of technological advances was new to me.

Politikon

Politikon

Quote from: Mus on Apr 29, 2010, 01:05:23 PM
Quote from: Politikon on Apr 29, 2010, 03:49:03 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2010, 03:19:24 AM
Nothing is certain but death, taxes and Politikon pushing the Harvest script as being legit.

Haha. What can I say, I trust my instincts.

Plus it just seems to answer all these questions. Consider what we have on this forum right now. Here, we have everyone debating what Ridley mean when he says...x, y and z.  And yet, if you just plug in the Harvest script, Ridley makes complete sense. It's pretty uncanny.

You remind me of someone on another forum, he was similarly convinced he held the absolute truth on a subject. Eventually he just got stranger and stranger, dude started talking about people having invicible antennas on their heads, receiving transmissions from somewhere but simply ignoring this because the truth about... whatever is too much to handle. Apparently iPods play some role in the kidnapping of our conscience.

Please don't let this happen to you.

Uh...What?... the hell are YOU talking about?

iPods do what?

Im not COMPLETELY convinced. I'm just acknowledging that all signs point to 'YES' and maybe also implying that it's easy for me to admit the signs point to yes, because I liked that script.

But for instance...Shit! I certainly hope they changed the whole ANTS part! That BS needed work.

Highland

Quote from: Politikon on Apr 29, 2010, 09:26:25 PM
Nothing is certain but death, taxes and Politikon pushing the Harvest script as being legit.

Plus it just seems to answer all these questions. Consider what we have on this forum right now. Here, we have everyone debating what Ridley mean when he says...x, y and z.  And yet, if you just plug in the Harvest script, Ridley makes complete sense. It's pretty uncanny.

You remind me of someone on another forum, he was similarly convinced he held the absolute truth on a subject. Eventually he just got stranger and stranger, dude started talking about people having invicible antennas on their heads, receiving transmissions from somewhere but simply ignoring this because the truth about... whatever is too much to handle. Apparently iPods play some role in the kidnapping of our conscience.

iPods do what?

Im not COMPLETELY convinced. I'm just acknowledging that all signs point to 'YES' and maybe also implying that it's easy for me to admit the signs point to yes, because I liked that script.

But for instance...Shit! I certainly hope they changed the whole ANTS part! That BS needed work.

I liked most of the script , but i have to say as time goes on and you look at it from a distance, It's made up from a blend of fan ideas, Ridley Scott ideas and probable ideas.

You have to ask your self, would a prequel likely include the Space Jockey species?, would it include links to LV426?, would it include a different version of the Xenos? would it include the Derelict? The answer is a resounding - Yes it would. Throw in a few main characters and a different ship and you've got Harvest. The guy has just gelled it together well.

I personally think with the success of Avatar, Scott is going to create a whole new world, laden with different species and controlled by the Space Jockey race, and somewhere along the line humans get involved. I just can't see the need for 3D otherwise.

XenoVC

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 29, 2010, 04:28:37 PM
I have heard stories of the one you call gameoverman. He sounds like an interesting fellow.

Legendary, even.

He was a mod here.  :P

TJ Doc

My god... that I did not know.

SM

Ah, good times...

Hang on - no they weren't!

TJ Doc

He wasn't a tyrant, was he?

SM

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2010, 11:06:22 PM

iPods do what?

I liked most of the script , but i have to say as time goes on and you look at it from a distance, It's made up from a blend of fan ideas, Ridley Scott ideas and probable ideas.

You have to ask your self, would a prequel likely include the Space Jockey species?, would it include links to LV426?, would it include a different version of the Xenos? would it include the Derelict? The answer is a resounding - Yes it would. Throw in a few main characters and a different ship and you've got Harvest. The guy has just gelled it together well.

I personally think with the success of Avatar, Scott is going to create a whole new world, laden with different species and controlled by the Space Jockey race, and somewhere along the line humans get involved. I just can't see the need for 3D otherwise.

I see it the same way. This seems to be more than a horror sy fy movie. Like Scott said, he has to out do Cameron's aliens.

cloverfan98

^ You brought up a great point. Cameron's Aliens are in a way a totally different kind of creature as opposed to Scott's Alien. It will be intresting to see how the 2 compare in the upcoming films.

Politikon

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2010, 11:06:22 PM

iPods do what?

I guess, but the similarities I was referring to were the ones that aren't wjat you listed. The ones you listed were fairly obvious choices but all the things Scott has detailed thus far regarding the prequel fit in with the HARVEST script. All of them. There's not one thing he's mentioned that isn't supported by HARVEST, save for minute details like the mentioning of Zeta 2 Reticuli....  But then again, that also relates to the script.

His quotes on redesign fit in the script

His timeline fits the script

His mythical interpretations of the material fit the script

His description of the Aliens being used NOT only to terraform but to wipe clean and seed planets fits the script
In fact that one in particular is peculiar because in the HARVEST script AT FIRST we think they use them to terraform and then we realize they use them to wipe out life on other planets... It's what he mentions exactly and is a very big coincidence, not at all like the easily deduced things you mentioned. 

His vague enigmatic comments about the inclusion of the original alien fit the script

The subject of terraforming and the biological engineering

Its not just the SJ's and the location and the

It just goes on and on....

Every last thing this guy has said can be related to that material...and I only think its a DRAFT.

SM

...now look what you've done...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed