'Human based' story?

Started by War Wager, Oct 31, 2009, 12:52:46 PM

Author
'Human based' story? (Read 4,951 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I'm confused on what this means.

'Alien' was a monster movie from the get go. The creature got full attention from the moment it popped out of Kane 'til it was blown out into space. By saying 'human based' I'm getting the impression the prequel will be more of a drama than anything else. Mabye of how WY first find out about the species?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd argue with that. Alien was very human based and it was where a lot of praise for it went - the human elements, their interaction and etc.

War Wager

War Wager

Yeah, it was just as much about the crew as the creature, but Ridley's saying they're going to "reboot" it and make it more human based.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I see, you mean more focus on humans being bad guys rather than the Alien. It'd be interesting but then we go to the films to see Aliens.  :-\

War Wager

War Wager

Agreed. Focussing more on WY would pretty much piss over everything done in all the others, Ridley's included. They're more of an evil presense than an actual company.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
I see, you mean more focus on humans being bad guys rather than the Alien. It'd be interesting but then we go to the films to see Aliens.  :-\
Yes, but were going to the cinema to go see Aliens an in a good movie, and the good ones are very character driven movies.
In Alien we followed the humans surviving the horror, we didn't follow the alien, it just came to scare the audience and then disappeared, like it should be.

I wouldnt see his statement as a bad thing, more like the opposite.

Master

Master

When attention goes from human to monster, we get AvP-r insted of Alien. I`m most pleased that we`ll get human driven film, alien must be there as somethin illusive and terrifying.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not meaning anything like that, I'd prefer the same sort of balance as in Alien/Aliens/Alien 3, I just don't want them to take away from the aliens.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You guys are overreacting. I never got that impression.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 31, 2009, 03:43:50 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
Yes, but were going to the cinema to go see Aliens an in a good movie, and the good ones are very character driven movies.
In Alien we followed the humans surviving the horror, we didn't follow the alien, it just came to scare the audience and then disappeared, like it should be.

I wouldnt see his statement as a bad thing, more like the opposite.

Yeah, this. Ridley is saying it's going to follow the human characters, and have character development, as opposed to following the creatures(AvP:R). Where's the problem?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2009, 01:46:23 PM
I'd argue with that. Alien was very human based and it was where a lot of praise for it went - the human elements, their interaction and etc.

This.

I think what Ridley meant was to make it human-based rather than Pilot-based. Which is fine with me.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My interpretation as well.  So many people were speculating that it would be very pilot focused and lots of bozo's wanted it to be pilot vs alien only.

BayonneBridge

BayonneBridge

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2009, 01:46:23 PM

Very realistic too. Character wise I mean. The characters in ALIEN & ALIENS are like real people. They have depth & believability.

SM

SM

Most of them in Aliens don't.

Xhan

Xhan

There is exactly one character in ALIENS.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I would hate that >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed