How would you build the Alien suit? What would be the goals of the design?

Started by Meathead320, Jul 21, 2009, 09:20:24 PM

Author
How would you build the Alien suit? What would be the goals of the design? (Read 2,136 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

How would you build the Alien suit?

What would be the goals of the design?

In terms of how I would want the creature to look, under the movie lighting, I would want it to look as much like this as possible:

I would also want it to be comfortable for the body actor, and for the suit to come off and on easily.

My idea is also to make the suit as close to the original Alien, from the first film, but even take it a step closer to Giger's design, by using materials that would allow the actor to look even more thin than any thick rubber suit would allow.

Essentially it is a combination of the methods used by Winston in Aliens, while adding more detail than his suits had, via airbrushing on the neoprene itself. Also it would be worn by a 6'8"+ and very thin actor. Myabe someone with Marfan Syndrome.

Here is what I would do:

Private Hudson

schwa

And get a fresh new actor in the suit rather than Tom Woodruff yet again.  No disrespect, but I think it's time for a new "face," if you will.

Xhan

I'd say MH is on the right track.

Meathead320

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 22, 2009, 01:05:36 AM
I'd say MH is on the right track.

Thanks, I forgot to add that the neoprene could also be replaced with black Lycra body stocking or anything else similar if it is more comfortable and form fitting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed