New candidate?

Started by Ja, Jun 16, 2009, 05:26:41 PM

Author
New candidate? (Read 3,863 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Darkness,

Did you read the "Free time and dream projects" blog post?

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/free-time-and-dream-projects/

Quote:

===============================================================
ALIEN 5 – Alien is the reason I became a film maker.  I don't care about Ripley (edit – just to qualify this comment; Fincher finished her story in Alien3 and bringing her back felt like a diservice to her character in Alien4.)  I want to know about the Aliens; their world, the ecosystem or intelligence that created them.  Imagine if the Alien in its home world was nothing more than a wasp or ant?  What kind of planet would that be? I'd rather Ridley Scott or James Cameron did it but if they won't I'll happily take a swing.  Anything has to be better than the Alien movies we've been served up so far. (And this is coming from a guy who went to New York to see the opening of Alien3 in Times Square. I've long since forgiven Fincher who is clearly a genius but boy, it stung at the time. In fact you can kinda see what he was trying to do if you look at the extended cut. Still bad but now at least a really noble failure.)  I hear now that the Ridley is producing a prequel with his favourite new Wunderkind director protege.   Maybe we'll finally find out what the hell the 'space jockey' was all about.  Wish it was me doing it though...
=============================================================

I havent seen any of Bassett's films. are any of them really good? I guess "Kane" is getting good buzz. I hope Legacy Effects does the creatures in PREDATORS. I miss Winston's Predators = (

Btw, "Slash film" has picked up on this story of Bassett:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/16/is-michael-j-bassett-in-consideration-for-predators/

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The director of Solomon Kane might direct this? Well if he manages to become director you can bet your sweet ass that Ian Whyte is going to be back.

Also: BILL DUKES FTW!!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 17, 2009, 04:06:20 PM
The director of Solomon Kane might direct this? Well if he manages to become director you can bet your sweet ass that Ian Whyte is going to be back.

Also: BILL DUKES FTW!!

Has Ian Whyte worked with this guy? What is your basis for this, or are you just assuming?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Last I checked, Ian Whyte was playing the main character in that movie, shit, better go check lol!

NVM, he is in the movie but he plays a character called Reaper, his character sets Solomon Kane on the right path.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

This guy has a better chance then neil does of becoming a director. He might not be too bad but I said the samething with the BS also. I have not seen too many stuff from him to judge it for myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed