Retconning the last three?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jun 05, 2009, 07:18:34 PM

Author
Retconning the last three? (Read 9,048 times)

SiL

SiL

He doesn't say they were there because of what happened in the jungle, and if you actually paid attention to the scene, he lists a bunch of places the Predator has been.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2009, 01:16:38 AM
he lists a bunch of places the Predator has been.
Exactly.
Cambodia, iwo jima and beirut if i remember correctly.

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

I'm glad its not a reboot, too. 'Predators' can be an official sequel without Arnold. Unless the story hinges on Dutch somehow, but just like 'Predator 2' it can be rewritten to omit Arnold, after all he was supposedly going to be what Busey became and fight the Predator with Glover.
Interestingly, in the special features of Predator 2, Busey claims (probably not canon) that Dutch died several months after the first film.

I have my DVD collection as such:

Predator
Predator 2
Alien versus Predator
Alien versus Predator: Requiem
Alien
Aliens
Alien3
A:R

...I'd probably put 'Predators' in the order it is set, by date, as I do with everything else. Either after AVPR, after Predator 2 or after Predator.
Its only after you do that with a franchise and then watch them order that you see how absurd some prequels are.  ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2009, 01:16:38 AM
He doesn't say they were there because of what happened in the jungle, and if you actually paid attention to the scene, he lists a bunch of places the Predator has been.

He also talks in detail about the events in Predator 1...

QuoteTen years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite special forces crew in central America. There were two survivors. They indicated that when trapped, the creature activated a self-destruct device that destroyed enough rainforest to cover 300 city blocks. Remarkable weaponry. That's right lieutenant. Other-world life-forms.

SiL

SiL

That's nice, but the previous film didn't have to actually happen for him to have that line of dialogue. It's like thinking there's a prequel to Blade Runner because of Roy's speech at the end.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2009, 10:08:38 PM
That's nice, but the previous film didn't have to actually happen for him to have that line of dialogue. It's like thinking there's a prequel to Blade Runner because of Roy's speech at the end.

Yeah I get what you mean, I was just saying.  Doesn't Anna also appear on screen?

SiL

SiL

You have to look for her, but yeah, very briefly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed