Retconning the last three?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jun 05, 2009, 07:18:34 PM

Author
Retconning the last three? (Read 9,038 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

So I take a look upon the news section of the site and read that Arnold is trying to be snagged for a minor role in the new PREDATORS movie which Robert Rodriguez is doing and believing that this possibly couldn't get anyway worse, I scroll down to read that Rodriguez wants Arnold for his movie to be an "Official Sequel".

.....Okay, hold up, hold up.... So Rodriguez is saying that Steven Hopkin's Predator 2 is NOT a sequel? And that Paul W.S. Anderson's AvP is not a sequel let along AvP-R which has been done by the Strause Brothers?

.....And is it wrong for me to feel pissed about this?

-Rakai'Thwei

The PredBen

The PredBen

Agreed it doesn't make sense but whatever ... since Predator 2 was ( in the storyline ) 10 years after predator then perhaps this is in between it so ... maybe he wants the order like this:

Predator
Predators
Predator 2
AVP
AVP:R

It wouldn't make sense as it should be:

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AVP
AVP:R
but whatever , glad its not a reboot.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Even that line up doesn't make sense. How can Predators take place between Predator and Predator 2 since PREDATORS is meant to take place in 2020 or so as I read in the article?

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Master

Don't put such shit like AvP and AvPr in same line with P1,P2. It spoils the horizon.

dude63

dude63

Yea I think he means it by taking place btween pred 1 and 2. I think it would be great to see Arnie back. Since we didn't see him in AVP because of the dang election.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 05, 2009, 07:56:09 PM
Don't put such shit like AvP and AvPr in same line with P1,P2. It spoils the horizon.

Don't tell me my damn opinion.

If I am entitled to like the AvP films, I am entitled to.

-Rakai'Thwei

dude63

dude63

I thought AVP was a good movie...im sure ill get flanked for it..but I overly enjoyed it. I enjoyed AVP:R as a popcorn flick as well. Its just I felt some sutff wasn't needed like the dumb as @#$% key plot..wtf!!!

Moody

Moody

AVP dont have to be connected to the original predator movies, its what you make it of it, just ingore them, thats what i always do :P

Master

Master

I don t tell you what you have to like. Im just stating my opinion. Arnold is Old, his story involving Predator passed with first film. His apperence is pointless and only thing that can do is spoiling the legend.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 05, 2009, 08:29:01 PM
I don t tell you what you have to like. Im just stating my opinion. Arnold is Old, his story involving Predator passed with first film. His apperence is pointless and only thing that can do is spoiling the legend.

And I agree.

Arnold is old and fat-- which is why they had to use a CGI make up on Kickenger's body in Terminator Salvation.

I also personally think that Rodriguez's vision is just... ugh... This movie shouldn't have been greenlit.

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Master

Also, if this project is supposed to be placed between P1/2 than oldness of Arnold will be both immersion and story braker.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 05, 2009, 07:18:34 PM
So I take a look upon the news section of the site and read that Arnold is trying to be snagged for a minor role in the new PREDATORS movie which Robert Rodriguez is doing and believing that this possibly couldn't get anyway worse, I scroll down to read that Rodriguez wants Arnold for his movie to be an "Official Sequel".

.....Okay, hold up, hold up.... So Rodriguez is saying that Steven Hopkin's Predator 2 is NOT a sequel? And that Paul W.S. Anderson's AvP is not a sequel let along AvP-R which has been done by the Strause Brothers?

.....And is it wrong for me to feel pissed about this?

-Rakai'Thwei

So? The first Predator movie and the only good Predator movie are one and the same. Robert Rodriguez has more talent than Hopkins, Anderson, and definitely the Strauses, combined. AvP and AvP-R are the trashiest of the trash, and P2 is not going to be ignored so much as to them not referencing it.

You see, if someone with the clout of Rodriguez wants to retcon ::) the last three movies, let him. But if people like the Strauses say it, they better put their money where their mouth is, because not only was their movie worse than the one they were giving shit to, but the first one was an easy movie to top in the first place. They had a chance handed to them on a silver platter. Kinda like how pre-Alien 3, Fox had a treasure trove of characters and greatness to fiddle with, thanks to Alien and Aliens.

Rakai, I don't think you're going to see a whole lot of people upset over the retcon (Yay for big words) of those movies.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jun 05, 2009, 10:24:58 PM
So? The first Predator movie and the only good Predator movie are one and the same. Robert Rodriguez has more talent than Hopkins, Anderson, and definitely the Strauses, combined. AvP and AvP-R are the trashiest of the trash, and P2 is not going to be ignored so much as to them not referencing it.

Your opinion and you are entitled to it as I am entitled to mine. Thank God we live in a democracy.

I'm sorry but I just do not like this new movie coming out at all, and hope to God that it does get canceled. Speaking of which, has Fox's PR Representatives actually even confirmed this movie? If so, I have not heard of it at all whatsoever. Last I heard months ago that Fox said that there were no plans for another Predator movie.

Am I missing something?

Who are these third party sources stating that PREDATORS are being done?

If Rodriguez wants to do a Predator movie, he should do a MASSIVE script overhaul, get rid of the gladiator arena, concentration camps, going to the planet-- an entire re-write. Of course, this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, no one can say otherwise.

-Rakai'Thwei

Highland

Highland

Here we go again...time.... ::)

Predator IS NOT! Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, It has no timeline! they can put it where they bloody well like for all i care, as long as its decent.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Yeah, stick it to the man!

Bro, don't be delusional. Predators is happening. And the script that Rodriguez wrote when he was just starting out in the business isn't being used. Maybe a couple of cool little ideas, trinkets, and the setting are being used, but everything else is changed.

And yeah, we all have our own opinions. I think the AvP movies suck, you dig those things. Cool. I guess we're straight on that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed