Garber

Started by jordan, May 31, 2009, 12:11:20 AM

Author
Garber (Read 4,747 times)

Master

Master

I don"t think that they have predator earlier to test it :D You know, hunting alien crature for the first time is as risky as creating new explosive material. Either it will work like charm or it will vaporize you :D  Also they haven't seen the films they didint know that it can change view specter.    In P3 Garber's team would be nice touch because they have experiencd and now can perform much better plan.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

They don't have to test it against a Predator, just a man-sized target. :)

Heck, even just a stationary piece of wood would have informed them it's not going to instantly freeze!

They were crap, portrayed weirdly and there are precedents for real-life groups ('Project Moondust', for instance) which would be much more interesting to explore.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 08, 2009, 12:25:46 AM
They don't have to test it against a Predator, just a man-sized target. :)

Heck, even just a stationary piece of wood would have informed them it's not going to instantly freeze!

They were crap, portrayed weirdly and there are precedents for real-life groups ('Project Moondust', for instance) which would be much more interesting to explore.

Depends, like master said they had no idea the predator could change its vision, they were probably banking on being a whole group and closing in on the predator at once, as opposed to being picked off.

Master

Master

You know i was jokeing with this another Predator to test it. Right?     Also I think that those ice throwers were not supposed to freeze him, but rather to weaken him enough to capture. They knew that heat brings him on earth so they used oposite and prayed to be succesfull. And it was working as we can see but Keys alone had insufficient "fire" power to weaken it enough and failed.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Whether or not it can change vision, that's the point of contingencies: In case your initial plan fails, you have something to fall back on.

They literally had nothing, aside from the guys with actual guns, who were all grouped in tightly with the others, in any case.

Sykopathic

Sykopathic

Adam is great so I am glad he told them to sod off.

Master

Master

we dont know how many people they actualy had. The backup plan was probably to feed it with lead, but Pred cremed them so quickly that they didn't have time to react.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Number isn't the issue. They were all clumped together in the same basic location. There wasn't a contingency plan, more of an alternative way of going about their primary objectives.

Master

Master

Truth there wasn't and they f**ked. Garber was stuned and didn't reacted as Harrigan sugested. Now he is smarter and can organise an action better. Let him do so.

zombie_sidekick

zombie_sidekick

Actually Garber's team could capture the Pred and then we could have some AvP2 game like sequence, when the hunter is captured and left basically weapon less.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2009, 10:24:36 AM
Now he is smarter and can organise an action better.

What makes you think that? :)

Besides, he was a second-rate Gorman copy. It's a generic character who anybody could replace.

Master

Master

Cause he saw the masacre and know what capable of is the creature :)    I know that in P2 Garber had three lines of dialogue and he is replacable but when Harrigan at the end of films says "don't worry f**ker, you'll get your chance", i always wanted that this chance was given to him. Now there is ocasion so why not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed