Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 27,583 times)

Purebreedalien

Sounds terrible, but the prequel would be nice :-\

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

wow, just wow. I didnt think they can desacrate alien franchise more than they did, and yet they did. They dug out the beaten up corpse and done it again. I dont know whats worse, remake or origins. my god...just wow

Übermensch

Übermensch

It's always the same thing, they ruin a franchise with shitty sequels then they go and remake the originals.

Or a prequel.  But I'm currently 'meh' on a prequel.

Keyes

Keyes

NO, I repeat, NO REMAKE.

There is absoloutely no point in remaking this... "Alien" is a classic, easily available on DVD and soon on blu-ray... why would you want to remake it when the original is held in such high regard?!

I'm all for a prequel/origins story not certainly NOT a remake with some other girl playing Ripley. It's beyond stupid.

predator55

predator55

Im all for a preequal as well! Not a remake!

Aeus

Aeus

When I read this news, my vision went all red and this music played.

I don't understand how you can do an origins story, ALIEN was the origin story. What're they gonna do, say "OH WE WERE LYING!!! THE ALIEN MET SOME HUMANS BEFORE RIPLEY!!!".

Sounds like Ripley's gotten sick of seeing his baby being raped, so is trying to save it in a way thats only going to rape it even more. Nice move.

SM

SM

They're just seeing Star Trek making loads of money and going through their properties and working out what they can milk.  Probably a whole bunch of studios doing the exact same thing.

Whatever they do, it's not going to affect the original.

(Except maybe make it look better).

predator55

predator55

Yeh i would agree with that SM! May make it better!  :)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2009, 10:48:41 AM
Whatever they do, it's not going to affect the original.

(Except maybe make it look better).

Not exactly...

Its going to have to have human characters in, otherwise it'll be shit. And it's an origins story. ALIEN was meant to be the first time Humans met the creature (excluding those two films that never existed), so having someone meet it before hand is just gonna f**k up the canon, and make the whole scenario in the original less special.

Or they could do the whole thing form the point of view of the Jockeys, but that'd be sooooo f**king bad.

Darkness

Darkness

It is possible that another group of people came in contact with the aliens, perhaps on a different planet and none of them escaped like Ripley did.

predator55

predator55

True that true that Aeus! Yeh that could be possible Darkness!

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Darkness on May 28, 2009, 10:58:38 AM
It is possible that another group of people came in contact with the aliens, perhaps on a different planet and none of them escaped like Ripley did.

Yeah it is, but it also spoils the fist film for me. One of the reasons I like it as the guys on the Nostromo are  the first humans to find this level of Alien life form, and it happens to be the most dangerous creature in the universe. I just think thats awesome.

In any case, if another group of people come into contact with the Aliens, how is it going to be any different from what we've seen already? We've seen a few people in a confined environment go up against one, with limited weaponry. We've seen a squad of heavilly armed Marines go up against a whole hive of 'em. etc etc. The reason it worked a second time in Aliens, is that they were briefed on the Alien, they kinda knew what they were expecting, so they didn't spend ages explaining the hell out of its life cycle... and they also fought more than one (which was great for the audience). If these people in ALIEN: ORIGINS (or whatever) have no clue what it is, we're just going to have the exact same film that ALIEN was, except with different people and maybe more Aliens. Can't wait to see the space faring Folk band facing off against the Alien.

maledoro

SM

SM

QuoteNot exactly...

Its going to have to have human characters in, otherwise it'll be shit. And it's an origins story.

All based on a hours old rumour?

Most people don't have any drama excising AvP from the continuity.  If this does turn out to be a prequel, it can be judged on it's merits or lack thereof when it comes out.  AvP doesn't affect my enjoyment of the existing Alien films; if this turns out to just as f**ktarded as AvP, it's not going to affect it either.

Remember how many scripts Alien3 went through before they settled on something?  Imagine what the rumour mill would've been like if there Alien forums back then.  Same with Resurrection - it had no Ripley to begin with.  Even Aliens didn't at one point.  This has got a long time to go before they settle on story for good or ill.  If Riddles is involved Siggy and Hans Rudi may stick their mitts up and we'll get an AlienV.

locusta

locusta

Same rumor about Predator reboot in January and then by Fox confirmed in April....so I just wait now until August and come back for this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed