A Glimmer of Hope

Started by Pvt. Hicks, May 22, 2009, 03:46:45 AM

Author
A Glimmer of Hope (Read 8,154 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 22, 2009, 10:56:38 PM
I have a very bad feeling about this... I just feel like somehow... I'm going to be betrayed.

I personally grew up with the Predator species as something to look up to as a kid, I found the creature to be more interesting than the human characters. When Stephen Hopkins introduced the honor thing and when Perry expanded upon it, I grew to admire the Predator character even more. This is why I found AvP and AvP-R enjoyable to me because it took elements from Perry's material..

Go ahead, point fingers and laugh.

*points and laughs hysterically*

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

QuoteThe man did Spy Kids... There is no way he should've EVER gotten the greenlight to do a Predator movie.

You never seen Dust until Dawn or Once Upon TIme in Mexico  ;)?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kaworu on May 23, 2009, 02:47:06 AM
You never seen Dust until Dawn or Once Upon TIme in Mexico  ;)?

Seen Dusk til Dawn-- it was an alright movie, but I'm not a fan of vampires.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

He is better then Anderson or the BS. I say give him a chance and this might be a great flick.

Übermensch

Übermensch

I pretty much agree with JH on this one, that script is utter trash and I don't think Rodriguez will do justice to the franchise.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The script is old and I'm pretty sure they will do a new one. He made that screenplay when he was new at movies and he is much better now then he was 10 years ago.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kaworu on May 24, 2009, 03:20:06 AM
The script is old and I'm pretty sure they will do a new one. He made that screenplay when he was new at movies and he is much better now then he was 10 years ago.

It's stated in the interviews that it is the same screenplay which got the project approved. The guy has also said in those interviews that they still have no idea as to whether they'll stay with it or try to change it.

In other words, he and everyone else officially involved in the production, still regard that material as perfectly fine and worthy of filming.

The Demon

The Demon

In all honesty, I really don't know what to expect from this. I'm a bit worried. I'm mainly concerned about whether this stays true to the Predator itself or not.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 22, 2009, 10:49:49 PM
To each their own... :)

He's also done decent stuff, like 'The Faculty'. Anderson has a similar problem, though: Good at directing, but shouldn't go near the actual writing process.

Except Rodriguez is actually a decent writer. Planet Terror, despite it being an homage/parody of grindhouse style films, actually has good characters. His dialogue pops, unlike Anderson's. He is nothing like Anderson.

Highland

Highland

I agree, at least it's not a couple of special effects blokes or some other no namer. He has made some great films. As a pred fan - I'm all for these changes, If i want Predator 1 and 2 .....I'll just put on predator 1 or 2. 

He might actually get some interest back in there.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Yet despite how much I like Robert, I think he is the wrong kind of director for this franchise. Not one of his films is serious.

Highland

Highland

It depends how far he goes with it, Predator 2 had some wierd ass scenes in it that would slip right into one of his movies, and I still liked it. Not as good as Predator, but nothing will even come close to that.

As long as the predator has no comic value, the rest i can deal with.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Predators will suck , its a series that's been dead for Jesus 29 years now , so if FOX or whoever is running this cared enough to make it they should have done it a while ago. The script sucked and anything sort of like that ... will suck. So honestly who cares about it , I have hope but its so slim now , I hoped for years FOX would make some sort of movie of Predators without aliens and many years to late they turn this out .. whatever ... my guess .... 2/5 movie.

Highland

Highland

Its not really a matter of caring, With all sorts of Re-makes/re-boots and sequels still picking up serious cash, they are just banking the cheque for another year.

the AVP movies, although absolute tosh, showed they can spend FK all and if it has a predator or an aline in it, us dummie's will lap it up. 

If i was a writer/director and had a liking to a particular creation, I'd probably have a bash too....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: highlandpred on May 24, 2009, 04:16:34 PM
As long as the predator has no comic value, the rest i can deal with.

'Predator 2' had several poorly-advised attempted comedy scenes in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed