Rodriguez talks Predators

Started by Darkoo, May 06, 2009, 09:09:23 PM

Author
Rodriguez talks Predators (Read 6,199 times)

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Great news  :) thank god its a reboot and not a remake.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Eh, I don't think anyone knows whats going on with this movie yet, just that its getting made. Hope its a sequel, didn't he say he wanted Arnold to reprise his role for a cameo?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

RR would do well to take a good long look at the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers 'remake' next time he's thinking about how to reboot a franchise. Because that approach is what Predator needs. A fresh start, don't ignore the other movies, just don't worry about them. Do your own thing, and tell your own story, because the original's already there, and its always going to be there, and it will probably always be better. You've just got to make something different with the same materials.

echobbase79

echobbase79

So who else has read his script from ten years ago? If so what's so bad about it?

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Aeus on May 06, 2009, 10:43:53 PM
My desperate mind hopes this means only one Predator. Please let there only be one.

what's wrong with two I'm down for some bad blood action

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Too much; there's no need for multiple Predators. If you're going to restart something, start with the basics, which in this case means one Predator.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

thats true Doom but a little more predators adds a little flare to the situation doesn't it?

Proteus

Proteus

I agree with Torque. I think it would add flare. But they need to take a rather dark approach to this movie and not make it some campy shitty PG-13 film to appeal to the wider audience. Which is exactly what Fox is all about. Lets just hope this writer with no real big experience can come up with a good script while completely ignoring Rodriguez's horrid sci-fi garbage. Noob writer will be followed by noob director though. But it's still to early. We know of movies that have gotten started and then canned or were thought to be a bad idea and turned out okay.

happypred

happypred

I think I'll be happy with no more than two predators

the bad blood idea would be refreshing for the franchise

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt.Torque Reikan on May 10, 2009, 03:39:31 PM
thats true Doom but a little more predators adds a little flare to the situation doesn't it?

Not really. Predator is about the fear of being hunted. You only need one creature for that.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 10, 2009, 07:02:27 PM
Not really. Predator is about the fear of being hunted. You only need one creature for that.

wouldn't you shit yourself if every turn you made was to see that cloaked shimmer somewhere in the trees?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would, but that's not the point. You only need one creature to achieve that effect. Multiple creatures in the movie would just seem redundant if they're starting with the basics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed