Rodriguez talks Predators

Started by Darkoo, May 06, 2009, 09:09:23 PM

Author
Rodriguez talks Predators (Read 6,234 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

QuoteEarlier this week, Bloody-Disgusting reported a scoop that Alex Litvak (Medieval) had been hired on to rewrite Rodriguez's original script, titled Predators.

In an interview with IGN to promote the recent Blu-ray release of Sin City, Rodriguez didn't name names, but said that he will be involved in the film in a producing capacity only.

"We're hiring new writers and a director and I'm going to produce it over at Troublemaker with Fox to try and reboot the series in a really great way," Rodriguez told IGN. "So I'm not sure if we're going to follow the old script or keep that title. At this point, it's still early on."

The multi-hyphenated filmmaker also revealed that the non-sequel will go back to the franchise's origins and will have little to do with the Alien vs. Predator films of the last few years.

"This is something else," he said. "This is more like the first movie, but in a new way. Just rebooting the series in a whole new way. Not a remake, but more like what they did with the Batman series. They just started over. You know? Let's just start over using a different approach to it. We'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

There's no cast in place at this time, either, but Rodriguez said, he has "a few ideas."
http://movies.ign.com/articles/980/980078p1.html

jordan

jordan

But Batman Begins is a remake despite what anyone says.  No.  I don't like this.  How can you say 'not a remake', then compare it to Batman 05 to Batman 89.  Thats starting from the ground up 100%.

This is depressing.

War Wager

War Wager

BB isn't a remake. If it were, it would have followed the same basic plot of Burton's Batman and it would have had the Joker as the villain.

From what's been said it looks like Rodriguez is going for a reboot while Alex Litvak is writing it as a sequel.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote"So I'm not sure if we're going to follow the old script or keep that title"

My desperate mind hopes this means only one Predator. Please let there only be one.

But this whole "rebooting the series in a whole new way".... What the f**k? The first film was perfect for what it was trying to do. Any deviation from that simple formula will just result in a mediocre end result that once again falls under the shadow of the original.

Gah, I wanna go all Christian Bale: "WHAT DON'T YOU f**kING UNDERSTAND!?!?"

jordan

jordan

Batman Begins is as close to a remake as you can get.  New origins.  New Bruce Wayne.  New Batman.  It starts from square one and retells everything.

RR using this as an example means wiping the slate clean.  BB wiped the slate clean.  BB doesn't reference ANY other Batman movie.  I don't want the slate wiped clean, sure as hell don't want a new Predator. 

If its a seperate 'incident' thats just similar to the original, with the standard Predator, fine.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Aeus on May 06, 2009, 10:43:53 PM
My desperate mind hopes this means only one Predator. Please let there only be one.

But this whole "rebooting the series in a whole new way".... What the f**k? The first film was perfect for what it was trying to do. Any deviation from that simple formula will just result in a mediocre end result that once again falls under the shadow of the original.

Gah, I wanna go all Christian Bale: "WHAT DON'T YOU f**kING UNDERSTAND!?!?"
Took the words right out of my mouth.

"WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU DOING?!"

SiL

SiL

I don't get his comments on making it modern. Predator doesn't need to be made modern. It's fine as it is. Dudes in a jungle being hunted is the same now as it was back in 1987.

Quote from: jordan on May 06, 2009, 10:53:52 PM
Batman Begins is as close to a remake as you can get.
A remake is a retelling of the same story. That is not what Batman Begins is. Batman Begins is an origin story, a completely new start to a series. Burton's Batman wasn't an origin story, nor did it have the same plot or characters.

BB is a "reboot", just like the new Friday the 13th.

walterf

walterf

I'm optimistic and happy to have a new Pred flm. I just hope it isn't too similar to the first movie. If it's a reboot like BB, and takes a completely different and new angle, that is fine, but i just hope it isn't too similar to Pred 1 because trying to just take Pred 1 and remaking it in a modenr way will backfire as the movie is perfect. I'm sure it'll be more of a reboot and different enough and interesting.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well, "reboot" is coming straight out of Rodriguez's mouth, but I really want to believe the sequel part stated earlier. :-\

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The sequel part sounds pretty ture and I doubt he would lie like Anderson would have done. I wish he would direct this not Sin City 2 since Sin City does not need a sequel.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

I don't get it it says its a reboot but yet it follows after the 1st 2... the f**k is going on ???

Master

Master

Disaster :-\

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I don't know what to say. Oh wait, yes I do.

NO! >:(

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I f**king knew he'd ruin it..he doesn't even seem to know what the hell he's talking about

Requiem28

Requiem28

i just still hope that they finish the AVP series. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed