Started by War Wager, Apr 25, 2009, 09:01:18 PM

Author
ADI to return? (Read 16,697 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

I hope you get some info. -crosses fingers-

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I am also going to add Stan Winston Studios to that call-list. Or should I say Legacy Effects...

Undeadite

Undeadite

Did they change the company name?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Yes.

War Wager

War Wager

Cool name if you ask me.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: War Wager on Apr 26, 2009, 10:45:20 PM
Cool name if you ask me.

I see it has a tribute to Stan Winston. He left a "Legacy".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Apr 26, 2009, 06:06:27 PM
what makes you all think they won't redesign the predator? like almost all reboots everything is redesigned.

They already did. Little movies called AvP and AvP:R.

walterf

walterf

I'd like for Stan Winston studios to be involved and that's being ideal, but ....

I thought Wolf looked excellent in AVPR so if they can do similar work here, awesome ... just as long as they don't look like the first AVP Preds. ADI CAN do good work and if they can make Predators that look like Wolf, I'm all for it.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

What if Industrial Light and Magic can get involved? :) I have their number as well.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Apr 26, 2009, 06:06:27 PM
what makes you all think they won't redesign the predator? like almost all reboots everything is redesigned.

They already did in 'Predator 2'. The head is completely different (although my own personal favourite). The last two films they featured in also had very different looks, although not quite as much of a departure.

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Apr 26, 2009, 09:41:03 PM
I'll try and have an answer for you guys tomorrow on whether it's ADI, KNB, or a colloboration. I've just collected both their business numbers. Neither are open over the weekend so probably tomorrow morning.

You realise no decision will have yet been taken on the special effects team, right? :)

Remember, they haven't even got a writer or director yet.

Undeadite

Undeadite

But Rodriguez or Fox could have mentioned it to any one of those companies.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Undeadite on Apr 27, 2009, 01:57:52 AM
But Rodriguez or Fox could have mentioned it to any one of those companies.

I'm sure they've put feelers out to a lot of people. It's a world away from making a final decision, though. :)

The most likely answer is that they'll put out a request to several different companies, have them send in some demonstrations and cost estimates and then decide, based on that. Anything before this is unlikely to mean anything.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Fine, piss in our frosted flakes, see if we care!  ;)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Undeadite on Apr 27, 2009, 02:15:50 AM
Fine, piss in our frosted flakes, see if we care!  ;)

Why not wheatabix?  ;)

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 27, 2009, 02:00:04 AM
I'm sure they've put feelers out to a lot of people. It's a world away from making a final decision, though. :)

The most likely answer is that they'll put out a request to several different companies, have them send in some demonstrations and cost estimates and then decide, based on that. Anything before this is unlikely to mean anything.

^^^^ Xenos got a point there.  Its been known for studios to say who they would like to use for specail effects, directors, writers etc etc but then end up changing there minds at the last mintute or someone pulls out. 

Predator-S

Predator-S

Stay.

The fuc|<.

Away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed