ADI to return?

Started by War Wager, Apr 25, 2009, 09:01:18 PM

Author
ADI to return? (Read 16,774 times)

SM

SM

The ADI ribs were always a major weakness in the design.

Bishop2

Bishop2

As far as ADI Predators, Wolf looked like he was pretty spot-on but honestly, it's hard to tell. The film is so dark you can't really see jack shit enough to tell how good or bad the work is.  As far as the first AVP, the articulation and skin folding was all great (well mostly, but I seem to recall there was an issue with how the mouth-flaps opened up being off), but the skin on Scar looked too rubbery to me - like it needed a bit of a glistening sheen, and was too dry.

Maybe it was because of the cold.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 28, 2009, 02:22:42 AM
As far as ADI Predators, Wolf looked like he was pretty spot-on but honestly, it's hard to tell. The film is so dark you can't really see jack shit enough to tell how good or bad the work is.  As far as the first AVP, the articulation and skin folding was all great (well mostly, but I seem to recall there was an issue with how the mouth-flaps opened up being off), but the skin on Scar looked too rubbery to me - like it needed a bit of a glistening sheen, and was too dry.

Wolf's body design was far superior to the chunky football players in AvP, but he was a bit too skinny all the same. I think Anytime's design was perfect. Now while Wolf had the superior body design, ADI still f**ked the head up. The mandibles were too big, there were too many of them, and the mouth was too big again.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I wonder how we realize their mistakes, but they don't. And they just keep f**king up...and f**king up...and f**king up.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't want to sound as though I'm excusing their designs, but in most cases, they are doing what the director(s) tells them to do.

Bishop2

Bishop2

I feel like we're nitpicking pretty bad if we're calling out the mandibles for being a little too large. Maybe it's just me, but it feels... too x-treme fanboyish to take it that far and say "they f**ked it up" over such an insignificant detais. Then again, I guess maybe we should just own what we are: We ARE posting on an Alien/Predator forum, after all, so f**k it, we're fanboys... ;D

As for the "chunky football players," I suppose this doesn't have to be said but heck, I'll say it anyway: That was because of the armor layered on them and not the body design beneath.

Personally, I suspect the fanbase will never be pleased until Kevin Peter Hall is brought back from the dead and put back into a Predator suit in order to properly fill it out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 28, 2009, 05:53:29 AM
I feel like we're nitpicking pretty bad if we're calling out the mandibles for being a little too large. Maybe it's just me, but it feels... too x-treme fanboyish to take it that far and say "they f**ked it up" over such an insignificant detais. Then again, I guess maybe we should just own what we are: We ARE posting on an Alien/Predator forum, after all, so f**k it, we're fanboys... ;D

It's not just that they're too big. It's "they are so f**king big, how the hell did Wolf get his mask on" big. And again, why did Wolf have the extra tusks? They just looked retarded.

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 28, 2009, 05:53:29 AMAs for the "chunky football players," I suppose this doesn't have to be said but heck, I'll say it anyway: That was because of the armor layered on them and not the body design beneath.

It was the armour and the body design underneath. Even after removing the decaying breast plate, Celtic was still a fatass.

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 28, 2009, 05:53:29 AMPersonally, I suspect the fanbase will never be pleased until Kevin Peter Hall is brought back from the dead and put back into a Predator suit in order to properly fill it out.

It's got nothing to do with KPH coming back from the dead. Ian Whyte is getting better, and he was way better in AvP:R. ADI just needs to get their shit together.

wolfboy

wolfboy

I would love for them to hire ILM but it's probably way out of their budget. ADI's alright too given the right direction, sans decent looking mandibles.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'd be fine with the Brothers handling the special effects. That's something they excel at.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2009, 11:01:39 PM
The thing with the Alien suits is that AR's design reflect the story. AvPs was down to cost and retconed after the fact. AvPRs was once again ease and cost with an attempt at a new head.

They're learning with Predator and they're getting there. Like others thing, Wolf (with the helmet on) was badass and fantastic. If they can fix the face...I don't have a problem with them being involved in this.

In regards to the Aliens, there is some truth in that, but their comments over what makes for a biomechanical aesthetic, during the making of the most recent one, gave most of us reasons to cringe.

For the Predators, yeah, like I said, most people liked 'Wolf', when its mask was on. the bulkiness of the previous ones was meant to be down to the material the other director had specified.

locusta

locusta

Above all concerns about the recent Predators (AVP and AVPR) we saw, stands one major concern:

THERE IS NO KEVIN PETER HALL INSIDE!!

Whatever suit, costume or rubber, latex, silicone ADI, Legacy Studio or KNB can use, and all their professional knowledge, which I never would doubt, it is still the acting, that makes the Predator to the creature we love that much.

I don't wanna blame now Ian Whyte for his acting inside the suits in the last 2 movies, cause I know how freaking hard it is to find a approx 7 feet high athletic and sporty guy, which should have decent acting skills at the same time. No question!

So towards the main question, I would say that ADI could make a good Predator design and good looking, believable suits, if FOX gives them the needed resources. And that is money and time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 28, 2009, 01:39:05 AM
...so how 'bout them ADI Preds?

They suck.

Would you like fries with that?

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 28, 2009, 05:53:29 AM
Personally, I suspect the fanbase will never be pleased until Kevin Peter Hall is brought back from the dead and put back into a Predator suit in order to properly fill it out.

Whyte's preformance in the 1st AVP wasn't great because the suits we too heavy. The much slimmer Predator in AVP:R was easier for Whyte to work in. I thought he did a great job in AVP:R

I would hope they bring him back to this film as well.

War Wager

War Wager

Thats a given. ^

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

That's what I am thinking. I can't see putting someone else without the expirience Whyte has.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed