"Film me I'm here! Film me! I'm here, film me! Come on do it now!"

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Oct 16, 2009, 11:08:33 PM

Author
"Film me I'm here! Film me! I'm here, film me! Come on do it now!" (Read 19,976 times)

Johnny Handsome

QuoteObviously they did have a point of reference.
From what?

Kimarhi

AvPvTerminator

QuoteObviously they did have a point of reference.
Which means they knew about the existence of the Jockeys before they sent out the Nos.

SM

QuoteFrom what?

Dunno.  It's not terribly important to the story.  Either way there was something in there that ECIU could pick up on and translate.

QuoteWhich means they knew about the existence of the Jockeys before they sent out the Nos.

They knew about the transmission and had translated it.  Beyond that there's no evidence they knew anything about the Jockies.

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: SM on Oct 25, 2009, 11:34:12 PM
QuoteFrom what?

Dunno.  It's not terribly important to the story.  Either way there was something in there that ECIU could pick up on and translate.

QuoteWhich means they knew about the existence of the Jockeys before they sent out the Nos.

They knew about the transmission and had translated it.   Beyond that there's no evidence they knew anything about the Jockies.

But how?!? This is something that's never sat well with me....

I guess you just have to call f-ing voodoo magic.

SM

If you like.

Or humanity had encountered similar systematised radio signals at some point so they had a starting point to translate the Jockey transmission.

shakermakerman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 16, 2009, 11:19:33 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm really interested to see what he does with Robin Hood.

yup seeing im Nottingham born and bread i cant wait.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 24, 2009, 11:00:08 PM
I still find it curious why the hell they chose that particular planet for a colonization. I mean what was it about the planet? Its a dull, hostile piece of rock with nothing to earn, whats the point.

For the same reasons as people settled towns in the middle of nowhere, in the old Wild West.

I have reasons to think that a good part of it might have to do with rare mineral deposits: They had 'seismic survey charges' for a reason and, if nothing else, being around the 'outer rim' (presumably of known territory) meant that it was as good a place as any for an outpost. It already also had an atmosphere and, obviously, similar gravity to our own, which would have been two major things in its favour. They probably envisaged it turning into something a lot more hospitable within about thirty or fifty years, allowing for industrial development and profit return.

Space Voyager

Quote from: shakermakerman on Oct 28, 2009, 06:47:08 PM
Fro someone from Nottingham your English could be better. Especially bread.  ;D  ;)

shakermakerman

Quote from: Space Voyager on Nov 02, 2009, 07:26:22 AM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Oct 28, 2009, 06:47:08 PM
Fro someone from Nottingham your English could be better. Especially bread.  ;D  ;)

oops lol bred :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed