Garber

Started by jordan, May 31, 2009, 12:11:20 AM

Author
Garber (Read 4,744 times)

jordan

jordan

I suppose that since this franchise is being taken into batshit plot territory, we can rule out Adam Baldwin and/or his teams appearance?  By the way, I remember something about him being approached for AVP:R.  What happened there?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWhat happened there?
They asked him to do a cameo, he simply denied and said no.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I would like to pretend that he was the one that the Straus Bro. said "and they just told us off."

Highland

Highland

i think we had more cameo's (subtle or not) in AVPR to do us for the next 3 movies......

new material please.......anything

i just got the real creeps even typing AVPR

No short titles please Fox, predators is just fine, we'll give you that one.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 02, 2009, 01:15:28 PM
I would like to pretend that he was the one that the Straus Bro. said "and they just told us off."

Yeah, he was a bit rude to them. He had dignity, and knew better than to appear in a "versus sequel", which led to the Strauses being told to f*ck off.

Bill Paxton was willing, but not thrilled, but they couldn't arrange days for him to fly out, and he was way too pricey.

The Strauses wanted Michael Biehn as one of the soldiers at the end, but the studio refused.

But there was one actor they didn't want: Busta Rhymes. Ahem, I'm not joking. I guess the studio wanted him to slightly increase ticket sales.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

In what capacity would Bill Paxton have appeared?

O + as much as i love Michael Biehn i'm glad he wasn't in this @ all. He would have been been smart enough to say no if they asked him.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jun 03, 2009, 10:48:00 PM
In what capacity would Bill Paxton have appeared?

O + as much as i love Michael Biehn i'm glad he wasn't in this @ all. He would have been been smart enough to say no if they asked him.

Bill Paxton would have played the chef. It was so he could be killed by an Alien, Predator, and Predalien. I am glad he steered clear of this cruddy slasher "film", which he is above. He must be dissapointed that the series went from Alien(which he was very enthusaistic about) to AvP:R, a film of Youtube quality that some how made it to theaters. And no offense but Michael Biehn doesn't exactly show up in the  best movies these days.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I know Michael Biehn has been in some sup-far flicks but i still think he is above making a cameo in AvP:R and would be able to recognize what a pice of shit it was/is.

+ yeah - i'm certainly glad Bill Paxton wasn't in it - just so he could be killed by all three...

Übermensch

Übermensch

Bill Paxton is a pretty good director himself - see Frailty.  I doubt he would be appearing in sub-par Versus slasher flicks.  Maybe Lance Henrikson would've been in it if asked - he's done alot of straight-to-video movies.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Lance!!!! I love Lance Henriksen + all his B-movies. I mean, regardless of the movies quality Lance always gives it his all. I caught Alone in the Dark 2 recently + he had a line 'I'm immune to this hocus-pocus' when touching some ancient artifact + my not quite sober friends + i attributed it to his being in so many B-movies that he simply can't be harmed by anything.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I remember how everyone and their dog were spewing venom at Baldwin for not accepting the role. I said at the time that, considering it was a choice between a cameo or being a major star in a television series, that he made what was the right decision. The usual response was that he should have disregarded job security, simply for the fact of this being part of a (once-great) cinematic franchise, which was not taking into account what the quality of this one could be.

Of course, I also tried pointing out that Garber was also a bit of a crappy character and that there was every reason to not want to be further associated with it. :)

Master

Master

Garber was Keys's mademan, but it would be neat if he appears now (much older and experienced) as leader of this organization, with his own plan to catch or kill Predator.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The organisation's portrayal, itself, was crappy. I'd rather it never be brought up in the films, ever again. If the government really wanted to capture a dangerous extraterrestrial, it would it would be military and far better planned than that escapade had been.

Master

Master

Plan was ok. to get the bastard when it is eating and most defenceless.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Master on Jun 06, 2009, 06:32:55 PM
Plan was ok. to get the bastard when it is eating and most defenceless.

The way they went about it, though, especially without any back-up plan, whatsoever, was a bit silly.

And, really, did they think those glorified fire extinguishers would immediately freeze a moving and fairly angry target? Did they ever test them? :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed