Sequel/Prequel/Reboot?

Started by Maxyboy, May 07, 2009, 09:53:10 PM

Author
Sequel/Prequel/Reboot? (Read 3,573 times)

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

There has been significant information lately coming from a few different people involved in the film, "Predators" regarding whether or not it is a sequel or a reboot. The writer said its a sequel. Rodriguez just said its a reboot.

What the hell is it going to be next?

Übermensch

Übermensch

It sounds like both a sequel and a reboot.

You can make a sequel and not associate it with any of the other movies.

Rebooting the franchise is the best idea after the dreadful AVP movies.

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

Cant we just ignore them and just continue on as if they never happened?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Maxyboy on May 08, 2009, 10:13:51 PM
Cant we just ignore them and just continue on as if they never happened?

That's the plan bud.

echobbase79

echobbase79

God I can't believe they f**ked up the AvP idea!!!!  :-[ >:(

And what pisses me off the most is that they proved all the people that were against the idea right by making such shitty films.

Anyway, yeah I'd take a reboot over another AvP film any day.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well this is their final shot to make a great Predator movie. For something like this they can't just breeze through it, they have to go the whole way. They have to go all out and get the best talent possible.

Predator 2 was made because of the success of the original. In AvP the Predator character piggy-backed on the Alien. AvP:R was made because AvP made just enough money. Now those movies weren't exactly great, hence, this reboot. But if this restart of the franchise sucks, then that's lights out for this series. How do you follow up a bomb that's supposed to reinvigorate the franchise?

Make it great Rodriguez. The only great Predator and the first Predator movie are one and the same.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 09, 2009, 06:15:44 PM
For something like this they can't just breeze through it, they have to go the whole way

Yeah, you can't hack an Alien, Predator or AVP film. It's just not hackable, there is no easy way around it. The quick buck, low budget, method can only go so far. Until there aren't any fans left to give a f--k about the franchise anymore. So far, it's going in the right direction by Shane and John Davis out of the picture now.

Bye sweety good luck on your Sims movie :D

RumorControl

RumorControl

I wish they'd just make it Predator 3 and have it follow Predator 2, but it looks like they're reinventing the whole Predator concept, which means this will suck and is pretty much pointless, because you can't improve on Predator 1.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It looks like a direct sequel to Predator 1 and making that Predator 2 never happen like Godzilla 1984 was.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Maybe a rebooting sequal ???

Proteus

Proteus

Guess we'll know when/if it comes out.

predator55

predator55

Im all for reboot or sequal! Either way im sure it will kick ass!

Dusk

Dusk

Just a sequel will be fine. P1 was a great Movie and P2 was ok as well. No need to forget that either ever happened and reboot the franchise. Or worse, remake it and get someone like John Cena to play Dutch. *shudder*

predator55

predator55

Yeh for sure hahahaha we need arnold back  :'( come back!

Highland

Highland

Like i put it in the other thread,  it doesnt really matter, in the history of predator all we have linking anything to anything is busey raving on about Lion's, tiger's and bears........oh my

If they stick dutch in this, it'll be more sequel than predator 2 can ever be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed