New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 136,625 times)

Eva

Eva

Do people just choose to ignore the tall actors they hired to play the engineer, specifically for making them - you know, tall looking, including one of them tweeting that it was him in the pic of the engineer sitting in the chair?  :D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Infected on May 01, 2012, 07:56:10 PM
Thats no engineer thats Holloway mutated the bald guy is too small to be a jockey look at him.

That figure is huge when compared to that human that is laying over there dead/injured/unconscious.

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
Do people just choose to ignore the tall actors they hired to play the engineer, specifically for making them - you know, tall looking, including one of them tweeting that it was him in the pic of the engineer sitting in the chair?  :D

Yep! Some of us are just assholes for mentioning things like that though. :)

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

"the adventure begins"

i lol'd

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

0:26 seconds into the third tv spot there is a shot of a jockey or mutated human standing over some kind of geyser or vent.

Mastes1

Mastes1

Come on give it a rest will you, look at the size of the space jockey in ALIEN, the jockey is too small in Prometheus, even 8 foot actors would be too small!.
Also why do all the space jockey sets look so cgi in Prometheus wwhen compared to ALIEN?, i know they did build the sets but they look bad compared to ALIEN.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

guuurl, cos the curfaces look not so flat in ALIEN, they have more shapes ,shadows etc.
the platform of prometheus looks like it was made with sketchUp and added texture....

Ulfer

Ulfer

Quotei know they did build the sets but they look bad compared to ALIEN

They've specifically answered that already, this time they wanted something more mechanical, practical and more realistic also maybe than the first ship.
The Derelict is perfect for its role in Alien. But the Juggernaut has other roles - we will see it flying, it is a set for the action for much more time, etc. - it is no longer a static scenery with a dead alien in it. And speaking of the Engineer, as I wrote elsewhere, what works with a mummified antic body doesn't really work with beings supposed to interract in some way with humans. There are many ways to understand the apparent differences of size, internally (evolution of the species, differences between individuals, young and old etc., function of the suit...) and externally (necessity to make the Engineer smaller for the necessities of action) - both approaches can be joined by the way. We need to wait for the release to discuss that again, but we can also remember, before, that we only saw the suit in Alien.

It's strange that so many seem to be in denial about Prometheus. In Alien, we saw the Engineer less than one minute ! Now we're going to learn more about this species, maybe it won't please all of us, but you cannot in the same time say "I want to know more" and "This is getting ridiculous". By the way, let's remember that for the general public this matter of size changes nothing...

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

nice! thanks for posting  :)
so much new ~footage and a some old footage extended by a second or 2!!!

the music in the 3rd one is EPIC, i hate that word, but it's fitting

and they keep using the new audio for 'there won't be any home to go back to', and it bothers me so much idek. lol

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

i used (and lold) the picture from the new tv spot and from the first featurette....
dafuq....3(?) days in between

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 01, 2012, 08:41:53 PM

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/843/843439/space-jockey-alien-3_1199392767.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/aliens/images/2/26/SpaceJockey.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8sv9gYsuLwc/SZirSdNmPII/AAAAAAAAAEo/C3xW7_iLs50/s1600/006.jpg

Come on give it a rest will you, look at the size of the space jockey in ALIEN, the jockey is too small in Prometheus, even 8 foot actors would be too small!.
Also why do all the space jockey sets look so cgi in Prometheus wwhen compared to ALIEN?, i know they did build the sets but they look bad compared to ALIEN.

i completely agree with you here, while i know in the large scope of things it doesnt matter too much as far as how good a film prometheus will be, but it does annoy me that the original impression of the jockey/alien race has been lost. the Jockey's size and appearance was more convincing and left a more alien feel, i think this is the cost of no Giger in some ways.

inventing the 'suit' idea also took away from its mysteriousness and 'alien' feel. i wont speak for others but when i saw the jockey in ALIEN i had the impression it was purely 'creature' rather than something that 'suits up'. it also seemed  to give me an impression that its movement wasnt that speedy and wasn't much of a creature of agility (think of a creature like an elephant)

in prometheus, we have a humanoid alien that wears a suit and is more human size. and moves just like a human (as seen by the running jockeys.)

i am not flaming the film, im just rightfully expressing my views on where the film has taken the jockey.

i am very excited for prometheus and i feel im going to like the film quite a lot - independently from the alien franchise. i love the new story in and of itself.

however, attaching it to the alien series, particularly alien, i dont think it helps alien so far, i feel it has taken away from the original.

as for the lighting, i never noticed this difference until you spotted it, well spotted. i agree it looks more cgi, iv been thinking about it for a good few minutes before writing this as to why it looks so different. as you said, the sets are real, one notable difference is the lighting, in ALIEN they used a very bright light to highlight the chair which ended up giving it much deeper shadows with little ot no detail. in prometheus, the lighting is very balance, all shadows contain detail and the image perhaps looks more flat.

im pretty sure i read that Part of the chair was always going to be 'cgi' so perhaps in most chair shots that contain cgi, alot more cgi was done to the image.

also, i can respect trying new things, and the film potentially having a reason or answer for this, but i also think the more 'mechanical' look took away the alien film more. makes everything feel more 'engineered' and 'hand made' or 'built' sigh, somethings about the original ship and jockey in alien were perfect for the purpose.

Mastes1

Mastes1

Quote from: Ulfer on May 01, 2012, 09:11:46 PM
Quotei know they did build the sets but they look bad compared to ALIEN

They've specifically answered that already, this time they wanted something more mechanical, practical and more realistic also maybe than the first ship.
The Derelict is perfect for its role in Alien. But the Juggernaut has other roles - we will see it flying, it is a set for the action for much more time, etc. - it is no longer a static scenery with a dead alien in it. And speaking of the Engineer, as I wrote elsewhere, what works with a mummified antic body doesn't really work with beings supposed to interract in some way with humans. There are many ways to understand the apparent differences of size, internally (evolution of the species, differences between individuals, young and old etc., function of the suit...) and externally (necessity to make the Engineer smaller for the necessities of action) - both approaches can be joined by the way. We need to wait for the release to discuss that again, but we can also remember, before, that we only saw the suit in Alien.

It's strange that so many seem to be in denial about Prometheus. In Alien, we saw the Engineer less than one minute ! Now we're going to learn more about this species, maybe it won't please all of us, but you cannot in the same time say "I want to know more" and "This is getting ridiculous". By the way, let's remember that for the general public this matter of size changes nothing...
i didn't mean the design (most people probably wont notice the differences anyway), i mean the sets themselves look cgi. The chair in the pics from ALIEN above look obviously real but the prometheus one looks like cgi to me, same in the trailers and tv spots, the sets don't look as real as the ALIEN sets. I know that French mag said that Weta did the SJ chair rising from the ground, i just wonder if its all cgi in some of those scenes.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on May 01, 2012, 09:20:11 PM

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/843/843439/space-jockey-alien-3_1199392767.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8sv9gYsuLwc/SZirSdNmPII/AAAAAAAAAEo/C3xW7_iLs50/s1600/006.jpg

i completely agree with you here, while i know in the large scope of things it doesnt matter too much as far as how good a film prometheus will be, but it does annoy me that the original impression of the jockey/alien race has been lost. the Jockey's size and appearance was more convincing and left a more alien feel, i think this is the cost of no Giger in some ways.

inventing the 'suit' idea also took away from its mysteriousness and 'alien' feel. i wont speak for others but when i saw the jockey in ALIEN i had the impression it was purely 'creature' rather than something that 'suits up'. it also seemed  to give me an impression that its movement wasnt that speedy and wasn't much of a creature of agility (think of a creature like an elephant)

in prometheus, we have a humanoid alien that wears a suit and is more human size. and moves just like a human (as seen by the running jockeys.)

i am not flaming the film, im just rightfully expressing my views on where the film has taken the jockey.

i am very excited for prometheus and i feel im going to like the film quite a lot - independently from the alien franchise. i love the new story in and of itself.

however, attaching it to the alien series, particularly alien, i dont think it helps alien so far, i feel it has taken away from the original.

as for the lighting, i never noticed this difference until you spotted it, well spotted. i agree it looks more cgi, iv been thinking about it for a good few minutes before writing this as to why it looks so different. as you said, the sets are real, one notable difference is the lighting, in ALIEN they used a very bright light to highlight the chair which ended up giving it much deeper shadows with little ot no detail. in prometheus, the lighting is very balance, all shadows contain detail and the image perhaps looks more flat.

im pretty sure i read that Part of the chair was always going to be 'cgi' so perhaps in most chair shots that contain cgi, alot more cgi was done to the image.

i mentioned the lighing, did yoü mean me or did someone else say it too???

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

The thing about the suit is, Ridley Scott has been banging on about it being a suit for years and years.  He's had that in mind a long time.

I don't mind slight changes for the sake of active functionality.  The original derelict set and jockey chair did not need to function.  This one does.  Happens all the time.

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: DendaReloaded on May 01, 2012, 09:25:56 PM

i mentioned the lighing, did yoü mean me or did someone else say it too???

you can tell by looking at who i quoted - it was mastas.

also, i think some of those scenes are mostly cgi, considering the 'walking cgi jockey' is in the scene.

Mastes1

Mastes1

also, i can respect trying new things, and the film potentially having a reason or answer for this, but i also think the more 'mechanical' look took away the alien film more. makes everything feel more 'engineered' and 'hand made' or 'built' sigh, somethings about the original ship and jockey in alien were perfect for the purpose.
WOW i agree with EVERYTHING you just said and you have the same problems i do, especialy towards the space jockey whose scene in ALIEN has been tarnished with this 'its a suit' crap and ridiculous humanoid jockeys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed