*FAKE* Rejected Prometheus movie score

Started by beej199, Mar 03, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

Author
*FAKE* Rejected Prometheus movie score (Read 8,400 times)

Deuterium

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 03, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Even though its fake, on its own its not that bad a score from the tracks show on here.

Jerry Goldsmith is turning around in his grave.  And he may do it again once we hear the actual score by Marc Streitenfeld.

Face Jockey

It's a clever publicity stunt.

St_Eddie

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 03, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Even though its fake, on its own its not that bad a score from the tracks show on here.

I'm pretty sure that it was composed using MIDI.  Not only that but the music itself was awfully generic.  I'm not sure how much worse it could have been (although I fear that Marc Streitenfeld will show us come June)!

ThisBethesdaSea

Sounds like an episode of the X Files. Not bad, but certainly NOT movie quality.

Gash

God that's awful. Still they were right about one thing, if it had ever been considered it would have been rejected in an instant.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: beej199 on Mar 03, 2012, 03:28:45 PM
There have been rejected scores for films before and on Ridley Scotts films....Legend is a good example - Jerry Goldsmith and Tangerine Dream....

In fairness, the Goldsmith version wasn't rejected. It was used for the European release, while the Tangerine Dream one was used for the US version. Both different cuts can be found on the deluxe DVD.

Scott prefers the European one. Personally, I've always preferred the US edition. The Goldsmith soundtrack has a few nice pieces in it, but there's something... Off about it. It doesn't quite gel with the visuals as much. The Tangerine Dream music also comes across a lot darker, which really helps to convey the tangible evil atmosphere at certain points.

Also, as great as Mia Sara's singing voice is (which Goldsmith was apparently impressed by), the scenes of her character doing so feel a bit too much like a tale for children (which is particularly at odds with all the obvious sexual intonation of Darkness' seduction of her character). Taking them away makes it feel more dreamy and ethereal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed