SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 59,305 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Blacklabel

It better look like that... :P

Nightmare Asylum

I hope so.

I said it before, but I still think that when we meet up with Shaw again she should be a bit bio-mechanical herself, like the Engineer's suit at the end of Prometheus (so that she can connect to the Juggernaut's cryopods). Maybe David as well. Then we'll finally be able to get the long-rumored head piloting the ship! :D

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 13, 2013, 11:56:40 PM
If it's currently inhabited at the time in which Shaw and David get there, unfortunately(?), I can assure you it won't.

Terx2

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 13, 2013, 11:52:32 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Apr 13, 2013, 01:55:23 PM
death destroyed world.

WELCOME TO PARADISE

Its heaven :o 8)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2013, 12:10:08 AM
I hope so.

I said it before, but I still think that when we meet up with Shaw again she should be a bit bio-mechanical herself, like the Engineer's suit at the end of Prometheus (so that she can connect to the Juggernaut's cryopods). Maybe David as well. Then we'll finally be able to get the long-rumored head piloting the ship! :D

I actually wouldn't mind that. She might have to wear it to walk on the engineer homeworld after all humans and engineers share the same dna so wearing the biosuit makes sense.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 14, 2013, 12:35:54 AM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 13, 2013, 11:56:40 PM
If it's currently inhabited at the time in which Shaw and David get there, unfortunately(?), I can assure you it won't.

Given how much the Engineers were fused with their suits... There's still a possibility.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm going to make the assumption that, if the planet is populated (be it by Engineers or another batch of 'humans' that were created on another planet) we will still see biomechanical structures of some sort but perhaps not with as dreary and atmosphere as the images I posted above provoke.

Would be interesting if wherever they land, the planet is nearly empty upon their arrival. Early on Shaw and David stumble upon some creatures and some non-Earth 'humans' in biomech suits that were bred on the planet (surely Fox is going to want more people than just Shaw in the film; the loophole is that they don't have to originate from Earth. Though there would, obviously, be a language barrier), and the Engineers eventually come into play sometime later.

I dunno.

Blacklabel

Nightmare.. i like what you are thinking.. and i've posted similar ideas in the past.

BROFIST

:laugh:

Spoiler
My own idea for how to suplant the language barrier: Some Giger-device is implanted in Shaw's vocal cords. Painfully. :P I'd use it to create a little bit of body-horror. :P... i'd prefer to keep the language barrier though. :P It just would "alienate" Shaw even further from her surroundings.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Actually, thinking more about the language barrier, David could probably communicate with them. David broke Earth's oldest languages down to their roots (roots that were derived from the Engineers). It wouldn't be too far fetched for him to have limited communication with other humans derived of the Engineers.

Blacklabel

Having only David be able to understand them would make the divide between Shaw and the "artificial person" even greater... would she be able to trust him to such an extent?

Nightmare Asylum

Would be interesting to see something like that play out.

Would also be interesting to see the Prometheus creation myth played out a bit more. The Engineers created us. We created androids. Our meddling in forces we didn't understand helped create some Frankenstein's monsters of sorts. But what biological and psychological horrors have the Engineers' other creations been up to?

Terx2

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 14, 2013, 11:39:50 AM
Nightmare.. i like what you are thinking.. and i've posted similar ideas in the past.

BROFIST

Spoiler
My own idea for how to suplant the language barrier: Some Giger-device is implanted in Shaw's vocal cords. Painfully. :P I'd use it to create a little bit of body-horror. :P... i'd prefer to keep the language barrier though. :P It just would "alienate" Shaw even further from her surroundings.
[close]

Could be apart of Shaws biosuit. A vocal converter designed by David cause his studied the engineers and understands there technology.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2013, 01:26:43 PM

Would also be interesting to see the Prometheus creation myth played out a bit more. The Engineers created us. We created androids. Our meddling in forces we didn't understand helped create some Frankenstein's monsters of sorts. But what biological and psychological horrors have the Engineers' other creations been up to?

I had a though the engineers themselves are Prometheus. The stole they technology and based themselves after another alien race (Could be the space jockey or something different) they learned how to travel through space, extend there life and create life. But theres a catch. They can't reproduce cause of the biosuit. There are those that refuse the technology to remain pure (like the engineer we see at the start) but want to remain religious in sacrificing themselves to populate the galaxy with new species. The biomechanical engineers hated them for it because they believed they would have they're power taken away from a lesser species and decided to dominate them. War breaks out. Many new creatures are made in the process but the engineer homeworld become corrupt by the biomechanical engineers. Paradise a now living nightmare. The pure engineers created humanity and wanted it to succeed were they failed or refused to fight. Dying for our sins. They left behind clues to find them on LV223. But the place captured and they were rounded up somehow and experimented on by the biomechanical engineers. One of them breaks free and releases the black goo infecting the place and dying to protect humanity. Paradise is the garden of eden meets hell.

That has to be the longest post I've ever done ;D Hope it was clear.

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: Terx2 on Apr 14, 2013, 02:00:23 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 14, 2013, 11:39:50 AM

BROFIST

Spoiler
[close]

Could be apart of Shaws biosuit. A vocal converter designed by David cause his studied the engineers and understands there technology.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2013, 01:26:43 PM

I had a though the engineers themselves are Prometheus. The stole they technology and based themselves after another alien race (Could be the space jockey or something different) they learned how to travel through space, extend there life and create life. But theres a catch. They can't reproduce cause of the biosuit. There are those that refuse the technology to remain pure (like the engineer we see at the start) but want to remain religious in sacrificing themselves to populate the galaxy with new species. The biomechanical engineers hated them for it because they believed they would have they're power taken away from a lesser species and decided to dominate them. War breaks out. Many new creatures are made in the process but the engineer homeworld become corrupt by the biomechanical engineers. Paradise a now living nightmare. The pure engineers created humanity and wanted it to succeed were they failed or refused to fight. Dying for our sins. They left behind clues to find them on LV223. But the place captured and they were rounded up somehow and experimented on by the biomechanical engineers. One of them breaks free and releases the black goo infecting the place and dying to protect humanity. Paradise is the garden of eden meets hell.

That has to be the longest post I've ever done ;D Hope it was clear.

Good post. I like to say exactly like you sometimes. But I'm not so inspired; for now.

The quote I really agree in your post is that part:

"Paradise is the garden of eden meets hell."

This part says a lot.It's obvious their natural planet isn't too much different from ours.The "real" engineers like biodiversity.There is no other reason but because they created so many beings and forms.
The first enginner/Sacrificer doesn't have anything in common with the last enginner in Prometheus.One tries to beat us.The other one sacrifice himself for a bigger purpose.

But they have idea of this knowledge they have adcquired and that could bring madness for their people.
To act like a god has a price.
So they are Prometheus!.

And this madness could grow if we, humans , get part of it.

episodenone

Though this thread basically turned into a "What I would write"... rather than the OP seemed to intend.

So i will simply reply to the OP:

There's an old saying [paraphrase] "One lies and the other Swears to it"

And therein lies the modern Internet.  So I honestly believe -- with the more realistic scenario being that there are countless writers and writing teams who would give their left arm to write more movies in this universe -- this article holds little water in my humble opinion.

T Dog

Quote from: episodenone on Apr 14, 2013, 04:40:31 PM
Though this thread basically turned into a "What I would write"... rather than the OP seemed to intend.

So i will simply reply to the OP:

There's an old saying [paraphrase] "One lies and the other Swears to it"

And therein lies the modern Internet.  So I honestly believe -- with the more realistic scenario being that there are countless writers and writing teams who would give their left arm to write more movies in this universe -- this article holds little water in my humble opinion.

Yeah I'm sure there are a ton of writers who would want an official crack at it, it's that the production is struggling to make up their mind on the direction to go in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed