Changes in the movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

Author
Changes in the movies you would have made ? (Read 10,595 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: TC on Nov 11, 2018, 03:57:58 PM
I would have ended Ripley's presence in the franchise arc with the end of Aliens. It was the natural and fitting place to say goodbye to her character.

Newt, on the other hand, had great potential in Alien 3. Just as Ripley had unfinished business at the end of Alien '79 dealing with survivor guilt from her Nostromo experience (and also surviving her daughter); Newt, in film 3, would have unresolved issues following the death of her family at Hadley's Hope. Maybe, as an adult, she could have ended up on Fiorina instead of Ripley.

Hmmmm...

So Newt Jorden, mid-20s, fuelled by a search for justice, signs up with military intelligence to learn more about Weyland-Yutani's shady dealings. Ripley has retired, having raised Newt, and Hicks is nowhere to be seen. Newt receives a message from an anonymous informant about some suspicious activity in an off-world penitentiary being run by W-Y. So she flies there, crash lands (W-Y sabotage her ship before she leaves), gets rescued by the inmates, and discovers that the prison is a front to hide dangerous xeno experiments taking place in the basement (using the occasional inmate as research fodder). Newt organises a prison rebellion and eludes a stalking xeno before escaping in a visiting W-Y science vessel that shows up to deliver "product" to the basement laboratory. The vessel is the Auriga.

And on to the next movie...

Onboard the Auriga, Newt learns that years ago during the events of Hadley's Hope, Burke was beaten to Acheron by a secretive W-Y science team that managed to bag a few face-hugged colonists after they were hospitalised. One of them was Timmy Jorden. The Auriga scientists had cloned him to recover their first xeno. He is kind of Newt's brother (having his memories), but kind of isn't (exhibiting odd xeno behaviour). Caught while trying to free Timmy, the two are rescued by a W-Y lab assistant - in reality an undercover saboteur named Call, secretly embedded by a governmental special ops unit tasked with taking down W-Y. Newt and Timmy band together with Call to set a timed charge in the Auriga's fuel core. Call says a mercenary supply ship that is due to dock in a few hours is actually an extraction team organised by her special ops unit. If they can make the rendezvous in time, they can escape the explosion. Timmy uses his "xeno-senses" as they fight their way through a xeno breakout but he dies in the battle. Newt and Call make it to the extraction point as the rescue ship docks. The pilot is Hicks. Not there by chance, he's been undercover in the special ops unit for the past 15 years and he was the informant that gave Newt the initial lead about WY's Fiorina prison experiments. He dies in a battle fending off W-Y soldiers as Newt and Call escape in the rescue ship just as the Auriga explodes.

And on to the next movie...

The special ops unit has been disavowed and Newt and Call are on their own, still battling to bring down W-Y.

Rebecca "Newt" Jorden
https://66.media.tumblr.com/1bbd732e1b98f8a6968fd2cbcc5a35bd/tumblr_o0o416I9NA1uze870o1_500.gif

Tee hee  :D

TC

If this was fleshed out into a novel, I'd read it.

Perfect-Organism

I totally changed my mind from  :o tee...  hee....

This is the best pitch for Spaceballs 2 yet!

The Old One

The Old One

Emily Blunt? Yes, good choice.

As Rebecca Jorden... eh...

You could do more as a new character.
& Timmy? Christ No.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 09, 2018, 09:24:10 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 09, 2018, 09:10:54 PM
Add an extra hour to ALIEN's running time. I want to see an even more leisurely paced & detailed account of the Nostromo's final voyage.

Hmm.... can't tell if you're being serious....

It would be neat to see the workprint, but only for crazy fanatics like myself.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 10, 2018, 02:27:32 PM
The derelict could have been explored.  The only problem was that the most probable sequel would involve an exploration of the derelict which the studio clearly didn't want to pay for. 

Well, not if you look at what A3 ended up costing.
No one had the right script, only Vincent Ward had the basic make-up of something compelling. IMO

SiL

The Virtual Workprint with the extra 20minutes is surprisingly watchable.

The Old One

The Old One

I wouldn't know tbh.  ;D

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 12, 2018, 12:27:05 AM

I always mind-cast her as the lead female in Twohy's Alien 3 script.

And Cillian Murphy is always the bad guy. Always. His performance in Cold Forge was legendary. At least in my brain.  ;D

Elmazalman

It would be neat to see the workprint, but only for crazy fanatics like myself.
And the later, tighter edit of ALIEN, that originally was eleven minutes longer before theatrical release.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 12, 2018, 01:38:34 AM
I wouldn't know tbh.  ;D

Drop me your address and I'll send you a copy when I get the chance next week.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 12, 2018, 03:30:34 AM

I always mind-cast her as the lead female in Twohy's Alien 3 script.

And Cillian Murphy is always the bad guy. Always. His performance in Cold Forge was legendary. At least in my brain.  ;D

Yes, Emily would be perfect for the Alien series. I think she would be a great Amanda Ripley. She certainly looks a little bit like her.

Another point, i would have the Alien in A3 look like Aliens warriors or Big Chap. I always hated the idea of the alien taking host characteristics for some reason. The only dog characteristics the Dragon in A3 exhibits are the posture, the legs and arguably the behaviour anyway. So why not skip it and have it look like the specimens in the previous movies.

The Old One

The Old One

Because it's great idea and a great design in its own right.
It makes sense that it's essentially formless aside from a few constants-
Such as being gangly, the phalic head, Inner jaw, hands (Like the Facehugger) & exoskeletal.

& It allows for creativity with boundaries, so you don't go full Kenner or the AVPR PredAlien. Ugh

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 12, 2018, 06:27:27 PM
Because it's great idea and a great design in its own right.
It makes sense that it's essentially formless aside from a few constants-
Such as being gangly, the phalic head, Inner jaw, hands (Like the Facehugger) & exoskeletal.

& It allows for creativity with boundaries, so you don't go full Kenner or the AVPR PredAlien. Ugh

It sure makes sense and in theory it allows for great creatures but i just have not seen it done right. Iam not that versed in the recent EU, do they have some good non human Aliens?

Like you said, full Kenner is ridiculous and the Predalien is not much better if any.

The Old One

The Old One

IMO- the example, is the Runner.
Or concepts for the PredAlien that didn't make it, I've discussed before.

+

Combination.

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 12, 2018, 09:10:20 PM
IMO- the example, is the Runner.
Or concepts for the PredAlien that didn't make it, I've discussed before.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/Shaun-Noelte-Interview01.jpg
+

Combination.

I at least loved the head of the runner in Alien 3.
That's some nice predalien concept art. Much better than the shitty one we got in AVPR.

Still, i love my aliens in the space bug variant. I think the whole hive concept works better with more uniformity and minimal variation.

But thats just me. Totally see your point though.

HuDaFuK

The one thing I've always lamented them not doing in the original quadrilogy (I know it's not a word, sue me) is the meat locker hive scene in Alien 3. Something to show that the Alien actually had a plan beyond just butchering everyone.

Otherwise, I love the deleted scene from Alien where the crew debate what to do after Kane's been killed. It's a great dialogue sequence and Brett actually comes across as a little more pro-active in it, instead of just being Parker's lackey. I would've liked to have seen that included in the film.

Perfect-Organism

Was that actually filmed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed