4K Players Advice

Started by Prez, Nov 12, 2020, 09:29:15 PM

Author
4K Players Advice (Read 2,938 times)

Prez

Prez

Mods: Apologies if this is already a thread elsewhere - please feel free to merge. Thanks in advance.
So AVP family. I'm in the hunt for a new 4K BluRay player.
I've got my eye on two: Panasonic UB820 & the Panasonic UB9000 (big price difference between the two).
So I'd love any advice or direction in regards to these two models or your other suggestions please.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

If you're planning on only using hdmi and wanna save money then go with the UB820

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:26:35 PM
If you're planning on only using hdmi and wanna save money then go with the UB820

Thanks mate. Do you own one?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Oh No. I've only been reading around on them. From reviews and such, the UB820 seems to be worth every penny. The other one looks like it's built like a tank. I'm a cheap ass so if it were up to me i'd get the UB820.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Region lock, or the lack of, is also something to consider, but I didn't check to see if those players differ from one another in that regard.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

The UB9000 has an Ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi, and more output ports.

Prez

Prez

Thanks both for your input so far.
Been told the UB9000 has a proper metal chassis so far better longer term build.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm eyeing this one: Sony UBP-X700.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I thought he said "40k players" and signed up

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 13, 2020, 11:56:43 PM

So did I.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 13, 2020, 10:45:23 PM

I have followed that model for a while - almost bought it too but a bit of recent negative feedback about software issues (crashes a lot especially since the last firmware update).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 14, 2020, 12:42:58 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 13, 2020, 11:56:43 PM

f**k you man!

Any time, any where.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I know this might be bumping, and be very contradictorily. But on the off-chance if you're also into gaming. Why not buy a Gaming Console that can do 4K + Playv the Latest Games.

I primarily use my PS4 to play movies, since i love physical media (Well now PS5) To play 4K Movies. So i never felt the need to have a 4K Player.

Prez

Prez

Did consider this but I'm not much a gamer these days.
My brother ended up getting a great deal on the Panasonic DP-UB820 and he says it's amazing. It's the one I've been eyeing off but right now all our funds are diverted to our major renovations to the house (also known as the money pit).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 13, 2020, 10:45:23 PM
I did end up getting that one, specifically this region-free version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed