Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 238,284 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I think Kradan is badass.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2020, 05:39:43 AM
Word "Badass"

Just sick of it. Oh you don't know how to develop multi-dimensional character for your movie or videogame people wiill root for? Just call him "badass", that should work

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 08, 2020, 08:24:40 PM

Kradan

No

Spoiler
You're
[close]

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2020, 10:35:45 PM
Spoiler
You're
[close]
Spoiler
Fun fact about English:

It is super weird to use that contraction like that even though it's 100% grammatically correct. Avoid contractions when being emphatic, for example, "This isn't the right way!" "Yes it is!", not "Yes, it's!"

This has been your free annual unsolicited language advice.
[close]

Kradan

;)

Corporal Hicks

He's a well developed multi-dimensional person! How dare you, sir!

Spoiler
;)
[close]

But I get it. I mean, sometimes things are genuinely badass, but I get the complaint.

Kradan

:D

Kradan

Joy of being a parent as it portrayed in movies

Let me explain: every time I see a movie trying to send message of "having kids is great" it shows one of 2 things

1. Scene of baby being born with a lot of sweat, pain and swearing. And in the end we hear baby's cry and expression of relief on mommy's face . Then someone gives child to her and we see close shot of newborn and it's so cute and helpless and somewhow already cleaned from all the shit. Mommy cries or smiles from hapiness and most of the times there's daddy standing nearby being happy too

2. Parents playing with little kids. Oh, it's SOOO MUCH FUN ! Oh look - it's thrown it's cereal on the floor ! SO funny  :D Oh look -it's ridding daddy like a horse ! Weeeee   :D Oh look - daddy's reading a fairy tale ! Awwwww  :D

My point is - movies when trying to convince people that having kids is good only show little helpless completely dependent and so goddamn cute kids. Nobody says that kids are going to grow up though - 6 years old kid is nothing like 16 years old one. Nobody tells - he or she is gonna have their own opinions, desires that mostly won't line up with parents' ones. He or she is gonna be pretentious. obnoxious, unsufferable and plain cruel at times. And he or she is still gonna be the same kid you've born

I'm not a parent myself and not planning being one for a long time, so of course, I hardly can be objective on that one. These are just my observations I made comparing movies and Real Life TM and felt need to share

Tichinde

what would the queen alien have to say about your anti children sentiment  :(

Kradan

I'm not saying nobody should have them - I'm saying many movies give wrong perspective on why you should have them

Gentleman Death

The Witcher...I can't tell you how much I hate that f**king song...plus did anyone else think it was weird to see that deformed girl naked once she was fixed!?

I just don't get it...I tried, but I can't...

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 21, 2020, 08:30:48 AM
Joy of being a parent as it portrayed in movies

My point is - movies when trying to convince people that having kids is good only show little helpless completely dependent and so goddamn cute kids. Nobody says that kids are going to grow up though - 6 years old kid is nothing like 16 years old one. Nobody tells - he or she is gonna have their own opinions, desires that mostly won't line up with parents' ones. He or she is gonna be pretentious. obnoxious, unsufferable and plain cruel at times. And he or she is still gonna be the same kid you've born

I'm not a parent myself and not planning being one for a long time, so of course, I hardly can be objective on that one. These are just my observations I made comparing movies and Real Life TM and felt need to share

As a parent of a teenage girl I concur lol.  However, there is an unspeakable joy in watching my girl play basketball in a summer league when she is the only girl who made the coed team.  Also when she asks for advise making future career decisions, like military or police academy.  But I agree, it's not so sweet when they scream in your face because you say "no" to something, make them buy their own gas, and force them to get a job during high school.  Life's hard and it's not fair, but the best rewards are earned by the hardest roads it seems. 

BigDaddyJohn

Joker

Denis Villeneuve

Ridley Scott post 80's career

Yeah I know  ;D

Kradan

Do you mean Joker as character or 2019 movie? Because if later -I'm coming after you

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed