Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,217 times)

Kradan

;)

I'll be there and waiting

Kailem

Short review: it's good.

j0nesy

long review: it's reallyyy good

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Part 3 is up!

And the last one!

QuoteThis is just a quick update on Destroyer of Worlds and the new Starter Set. Finally, the shipments to both the USA and the UK have arrived to shore, and should be in the warehouses within days. Shipping out to everyone who has pre-ordered these items will follow as quickly as the staff can manage. Sorry to keep you waiting – we sure hope and think you'll find them worth the wait!

The official release date for both items is this coming Tuesday September 8, but rest assured we will ship out to pre-orders before anyone else. And you still have time to pre-order in our webshop! Complete PDFs go out to you within a few days after purchase.

https://mailchi.mp/92d75b7b7a52/preorder-shipping?e=8becb4d032

Kailem

I need to finish reading the full core rules pdf and then I guess eventually I'll need to find some space for these things to go when they arrive! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThe Destroyer of Worlds cinematic adventure module and a new Starter Set for the multiple award-winning ALIEN tabletop toleplaying game were released today by Free League Publishing.

Having just won a Gold ENNIE Award for Best Game and a People's Choice Award for Best RPG at the UK Games Expo, the official ALIEN RPG today got its first two expansions to the line. Both modules are as of now available in the Free League webshop, in digital format at DrivethruRPG, and soon in hobby stores everywhere.

Destroyer of Worlds, written by critically acclaimed sci-fi author Andrew E.C. Gaska, lets players take the role of an iconic type of character from the ALIEN universe: the Colonial Marine. A team of Colonial Marines get dropped onto the moon Ariaricus to handle a growing insurgency, but soon find themselves fighting for their lives against enemies beyond their worst nightmares. Priced at $29.99, the ALIEN Destroyer of Worlds Cinematic scenario comes in a boxed set, including maps, handouts, and cards for a fully immersive tabletop experience.

The ALIEN RPG Starter Set is designed to be the perfect entry point into the game and the ALIEN universe. Affordably priced at $49.99, it contains everything needed to start playing, including an abridged 104-page softcover quickstart of the core rules, 20 custom dice, reference cards, character handouts, a huge starmap, and the complete Cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods, also penned by Gaska.

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/us/free-league/pressreleases/destroyer-of-worlds-module-and-starter-set-for-the-alien-rpg-launched-today-3032386

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 08, 2020, 02:44:15 PM
I need to finish reading the full core rules pdf and then I guess eventually I'll need to find some space for these things to go when they arrive! :laugh:

Right there next to the rest of your Alien and Predator goodies!

Corporal Hicks

Rightio, we're chatting to Drew Gaska about the RPG in a couple of days. As always, offering everyone the chance to post up some questions if they have any for him, and we'll try and include some.

The Cruentus

The question I have is a bit unoriginal and probably already been asked but I would ask is the Alien RPG canon, because there are apparently elements in there that will contradict some information on our wiki. So would definitely like to know if it is canon or not and which elements are just for game mechanics and ones that are full on lore.

Kailem

Kailem

I think I remember someone mentioning in here a while back that the RPG is indeed considered canon, but I'm not sure.

I guess I would ask whether or not he's written a bunch of cinematic scenarios that are all ready to go with a staggered release over several months, or does he wait for feedback from the most recent one before he gets to work on another?

Basically does he have a big backlog of adventures for us to play in the (hopefully) near future, or are we going to have to wait a while to see more? ;)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 09, 2020, 07:42:24 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Sep 08, 2020, 02:44:15 PM

Right there next to the rest of your Alien and Predator goodies!

That's the problem, I've got so much stuff scattered all over the place because I barely have enough room to put any of it anywhere! :laugh:

I guess another question would be whether or not he's involved in any way with writing the upcoming sourcebooks (or at least the Colonial Marines one, since that's currently the only one we know of)?

Mr. Clemens

I'd like to know if there's a sourcebook for Space Truckers in the works! Gotta know how much Stress a dipping bird toy cures! :p

Seriously though, I want that book.  ;D

Garethmb

I just got this in for the magazine but opted to post it online and share as well. Spread it around if you wish as I am curious to see how it does.

The full interview is below.

http://sknr.net/2020/09/19/alien-destroyer-of-worlds-interview/

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 12, 2020, 03:40:02 PM
The question I have is a bit unoriginal and probably already been asked but I would ask is the Alien RPG canon, because there are apparently elements in there that will contradict some information on our wiki. So would definitely like to know if it is canon or not and which elements are just for game mechanics and ones that are full on lore.
The Alien RPG is canon, but I assume Gaska will confirm that himself if asked in an interview.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2020, 04:29:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jan 09, 2020, 08:12:50 AM
Given how deep it sounds like the lore rabbit hole goes with this, are there any mentions of places like Vega 4/New Shanghai, San Drad, Ryushi, Bunda or any other locations related to the AVP side of the Alien EU?

No.  The license was Alien/ Prometheus only and the bible that was used as one of the sources didn't contain any AvP locations.

The RPG references Odobenus Station, which is from AvPClassic.

Necro-quoting. That was a mistake. There's only a single reference to Odobenus. The other mention of a station in orbit is given a different name. Not sure if that was fixed in later printings?

Xenomrph

I only have the first edition so I can't say, but yeah Gaska clarified that that was an error when I talked with him about it.

j0nesy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 12, 2020, 03:40:02 PM

i'm sure i'm about to butcher the exact verbiage, but i think gaska referred to the events in the alien rpg as "bar room tales; people talk about what's happened/happening, but it could be hearsay, or it could be totally real"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed