New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,252,409 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 19, 2021, 04:54:20 PM
Oh you thought that was bad, well take a look at this, I used to think that A:CM was better Alien: Isolation

Shhh, man, they gonna hear ya !  :D

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 19, 2021, 05:18:09 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 19, 2021, 04:54:20 PM
Oh you thought that was bad, well take a look at this, I used to think that A:CM was better Alien: Isolation

Shhh, man, they gonna hear ya !  :D
ᵒᵏ ᵇʳᵒ

BurkeCarterJ

Just call me Burke Carter J - but really I'm an ok guy...

Love the universe, love the podcasts and looking forward to all the content on its way! 

BTW - when is the next podcast due out?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 04:55:27 PM
Did I ever mention AvP-R ages like a fine wine?

You know I'm more sympathetic than most to that film, but c'mon man.

Quote from: BurkeCarterJ on Oct 20, 2021, 12:07:50 PM

Welcome!

Spoiler
You rat-f**k son of a bitch  :P
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BurkeCarterJ on Oct 20, 2021, 12:07:50 PM

Welcome to the board! Don't live up to the name...  :P

QuoteLove the universe, love the podcasts and looking forward to all the content on its way! 

BTW - when is the next podcast due out?

Thank you! Always nice to hear when someone enjoys what we're doing. I'll hopefully be posting the new one up today - depending on how well my day actually goes!

City Hunter Yautja

And a official "Welcome aboard"  Thatguy2068!

AVP-R has grown on me. I actually like it better than AVP. The new better lighted cut sold me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 21, 2021, 07:06:28 PM

AVP-R has grown on me. I actually like it better than AVP. The new better lighted cut sold me.

Awesome! Where did you see the better cut, if I may ask?

Local Trouble

How about Randy Pitchford?

[cancerblack]

Welcome to the dark side (now with 10% more visibility)

LadyAnneBoleynRipley

I'm not sure if I did this when I joined! If not my apologies!
I'm LadyAnne. I've been a huge fan of Alien, along with all things Ripley & Xenomorph, since the very first day it was released in 1979, when done watching the first showing, I went out & bought tickets to the next 2 showings that day.
I've been hooked since the very start & can't imagine a world without this wonderful film, Ridley Scott, Sigourney Weaver, OR the fantastic extended universe it's now become.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of avpgalaxy - I look forward to reading what others think & feel about where this franchise started & where it might be going next.
Many Thanks!
LadyAnne

Darwinsgirl

Welcome LadyAnne! 

One more to our numbers!

freshjim

freshjim

Hi

New Member here im freshjim, Big fan of Alien and Predator and have been for a good 30 plus years, I'm more of a movie guy and have only recently been getting into the comics with the Predator omnibus volume 1 which ive really enjoyed and starting to get into the books of both. Big fan of the site and the youtube channel, so impressed with the guys knowledge and love the franchises.

Cheers

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the forums, jim, and thanks for the kind words. What did you think of Volume 1?

freshjim

freshjim

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2022, 02:46:42 PM
Welcome to the forums, jim, and thanks for the kind words. What did you think of Volume 1?

Wow i loved it i couldn't put it down, Not sure if i've said it wrong but the book is called the Predator essentials comics vol 1 not sure if that's the same thing but i spent hours clued to the book, I knew of dark horses comics before in the 80s regarding Alien and Predator stuff and the Terminator v Robocop ect... but never actually looked at them till now, my favorite out of the book is the first stories Concrete Jungle and Cold War i just love John Schaefer and Rasche together as a buddy cop predator story, its like they have taken predator 1 and 2 and jelled them together, Not sure why they chose John instead of Dutch to carry on the story im assuming might of been legal reasons or they planned to use him in other stories and fox said no? but either way they did a great job and i didnt want either of the stories to end, gonna go back and read it all over again, did John come back in future books or novels? if we can't have dutch back in these stories he was the next best thing for sure, would love him added to the predator game as a dlc or mentioned in future movies or a possible tv show if that ever happens. 

Corporal Hicks

They did a couple of Volume 1s, but the Essentials was the most recent release they did. Was a good pick up, only time the Predator 2 comic has ever been republished as well as far as I know! None of the EU was allowed to use Dutch until very very recently. Fox always wanted to keep him in their back pockets incase they wanted to do something with him. John does make a return in Predator: Hunters 3, but I'd recommend reading the first 2 volumes of that first. And before that, I'd recommend reading Predator: Big Game, Predator: Bad Blood and Predator: Nemesis to really get the most out of all that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed