[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,070 times)

SiL

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 09, 2021, 05:48:14 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on May 08, 2021, 09:07:48 AM
Steve Wang has worked for ADI sculpting on both Alien Resurrection and AVPR. Same thing could be happening here. When people want one FX studio over another, I don't think they really realize how many artists are work for hire and take up jobs rotating between studios. I get the argument that management makes a significant difference, but as we've also seen the director and the producers have made decisions that ADI have disagreed with. An artist team is entirely different on different projects, even with the same studio.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/805/content_steve_wang_bts_avp_requiem_20th_century_fox.jpg?1352307729

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a1/a9/6e/a1a96e52af3a389098df2203812f926d.jpg

Woah :o Thank you for such amazing post  :o

https://s3.gifyu.com/images/58u57qa9b529a6bff1dab1.gif

Where have you been?  ;)

In all seriousness though I think there's a wrinkle here. If my recollection is correct, Wang was a freelancer hired by ADI for AvP Requiem. But a few years later, Steve Wang created his own studio (Onyx Forge Studios) that is now a competitor to ADI, bidding on the same jobs, etc. So like with The Predator, where ADI had creature duties, but an entirely different studio had armor & bio-mask duties... I believe it could possibly turn into a similar situation here.

But yeah, ADI doesn't have the revenue to maintain talent on the payroll as permanent employees so they hire freelancers per job. We saw them advertising for workers recently, which tipped us that this probably for Skulls:

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 09, 2021, 02:21:37 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 09, 2021, 05:48:14 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on May 08, 2021, 09:07:48 AM
Steve Wang has worked for ADI sculpting on both Alien Resurrection and AVPR. Same thing could be happening here. When people want one FX studio over another, I don't think they really realize how many artists are work for hire and take up jobs rotating between studios. I get the argument that management makes a significant difference, but as we've also seen the director and the producers have made decisions that ADI have disagreed with. An artist team is entirely different on different projects, even with the same studio.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/805/content_steve_wang_bts_avp_requiem_20th_century_fox.jpg?1352307729

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a1/a9/6e/a1a96e52af3a389098df2203812f926d.jpg

Woah :o Thank you for such amazing post  :o

https://s3.gifyu.com/images/58u57qa9b529a6bff1dab1.gif

Where have you been?  ;)

In all seriousness though I think there's a wrinkle here. If my recollection is correct, Wang was a freelancer hired by ADI for AvP Requiem. But a few years later, Steve Wang created his own studio (Onyx Forge Studios) that is now a competitor to ADI, bidding on the same jobs, etc. So like with The Predator, where ADI had creature duties, but an entirely different studio had armor & bio-mask duties... I believe it could possibly turn into a similar situation here.

But yeah, ADI doesn't have the revenue to maintain talent on the payroll as permanent employees so they hire freelancers per job. We saw them advertising for workers recently, which tipped us that this probably for Skulls:

Let's try this again lol :laugh: I'm Disney and I decide to hire Voodoo studio to design the Predators and then Kradan's studio to design the fishnet, and Kradan worked as a freelance artist for Voodoo before creating his studio. But maybe Kradan's Predators are better than Voodoo's so we should give Kradan Studios the entire Predator and let Voodoo do the fishnet 🤔 Mmmm ok got it.  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 09, 2021, 03:40:48 PM
Let's try this again lol :laugh: I'm Disney and I decide to hire Voodoo studio to design the Predators and then Kradan's studio to design the fishnet, and Kradan worked as a freelance artist for Voodoo before creating his studio. But maybe Kradan's Predators are better than Voodoo's so we should give Kradan Studios the entire Predator and let Voodoo do the fishnet 🤔 Mmmm ok got it.  ;)

:laugh:

Nailed it!

What's interesting is Jen Roomes posted that she is working for both studios... StudioADI during the week and Onyx Forge Studio on the weekends. I would love to know what she's doing at each studio!  🤔

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 09, 2021, 03:40:48 PM

Nooooo ! Don't give Kradan Predators, give them to Voodoo ! His Preds are fine !

Voodoo Magic

ace3g

First look at Predator face design for Skulls

by @jeff_cutter 37 minutes ago at Calgary, Alberta

When the director has a birthday you get to eat cool cookies like these! Happy Bday @dannytrs #skullsmovie #predator

Whos_Nick

seattle24

Hey, those cookies remind me of what a great creature Predator was.

BigDaddyJohn

Jigsaw85

So that lawsuit didn't hinder production? Can we expect this thing in theaters next year?

Whos_Nick

Part of me feels like regardless of the outcome, the lawsuit wouldn't affect the movie.

SiL

If an injunction is passed the production will be put on hold

ace3g

by @dannytrs 5 hours ago

This is 40. Thank you @lindseygazel and @tysonbreuer for the bday cookies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed