[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 96,981 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 07, 2021, 03:08:14 PM
Steve Wang ? Now this is interesting ! God I hope his role is important in this one...

Yes!!!! Give Steve Wang & Onyx the entire Predator and let ADI do the weapons, the armor, Comanche stunt weapons, etc. etc.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2021, 02:53:07 PM
And I'm betting Jen Roomes is working on "Skulls", who's an up & coming Special FX, Make-Up, Costume Designer.

She says she's working her dream job right now at StudioADI during the week as well as Steve Wang's Onyx Forge Studio on weekends.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COJ20HAFI4w/?igshid=kts8lvvhu6yy

Is she aware that thing has bad tendencies to impregnate women ?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2021, 03:13:07 PM
Steve Wang ? Now this is interesting ! God I hope his role is important in this one...

Yes!!!! Give Steve Wang & Onyx the entire Predator and let ADI do the weapons, the armor, Comanche stunt weapons, etc. etc.

That's ... cheating

BlueMarsalis79

I want to throw Chet into a volcano.

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2021, 03:41:47 PM

"Boot making" makes me think...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/36/aa/4c36aaeba0040847fff09d14de409cd3.jpg

Oh oh... So they would do the comanche outfits/weapons etc ? Is it possible they also do some of the pred stuff ?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2021, 04:00:35 PM

That's ... cheating

It happens. If you remember, Studio ADI didn't handle The Fugitive's Armor or Bio-Mask, just the Predator itself.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 07, 2021, 04:49:07 PM

Oh oh... So they would do the comanche outfits/weapons etc ? Is it possible they also do some of the pred stuff ?

I think its absolutely possible. Perhaps even probable. From my perspective, you don't bring the great Steve Wang on a Predator film just to do native American outfits I'd wager (if that's what this is). But if Onyx is indeed sculpting & creating a Predator, Steve Wang is a veteran artist and monster maker - I would assume he is probably doing that himself and/or with a team in mind he already knows. He wouldn't advertise that kind of work on Instagram I bet.

Provided this speculation is correct, we just have to see how all this work is partitioned, who's doing the Predator(s), and if so, how much of that Predator work is Wang & Onyx actually doing. Just a maquette? The whole actual suit? We'll see!

At least there's hope though! :)

Proteus

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 07, 2021, 06:08:27 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2021, 04:00:35 PM

That's ... cheating

It happens. If you remember, Studio ADI didn't handle The Fugitive's Armor or Bio-Mask, just the Predator itself.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 07, 2021, 04:49:07 PM

I think its absolutely possible. Perhaps even probable. From my perspective, you don't bring the great Steve Wang on a Predator film just to do native American outfits I'd wager (if that's what this is). But if Onyx is indeed sculpting & creating a Predator, Steve Wang is a veteran artist and monster maker - I would assume he is probably doing that himself and/or with a team in mind he already knows. He wouldn't advertise that kind of work on Instagram I bet.

Provided this speculation is correct, we just have to see how all this work is partitioned, who's doing the Predator(s), and if so, how much of that Predator work is Wang & Onyx actually doing. Just a maquette? The whole actual suit? We'll see!

At least there's hope though! :)

I like how all of this is picking up, but man, I hope this doesn't come crashing down May 27th. 😕

BigDaddyJohn

I really hope Wang handle the predator face.

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

I mean the last time he worked on the franchise he was forced to give an Alien bright yellow pecs, let's not get too excited just yet.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Personally I do not blame him solely for that atrocity.

SiL

I specifically said he was forced to. It wasn't part of his original sculpt and I even remember him complaining about the changes.

BlueMarsalis79

Oh I know but I also think it's a mess in general in other areas even before the mandated changes.

KiramidHead

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed