Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 39,347 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

With controversial artist Salvador Larroca’s imminent departure from Marvel’s Alien after the release of Alien: Annual #1, it seems Marvel will be relaunching their Alien line with a new #1 (as shown in August’s solicitations) under returning writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and new artist Julius Ohta!

PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON AND JULIUS OHTA LAUNCH A NEW ALIEN EPIC! MAN, MACHINE, AND THE MOST TERRIFYING CREATURE IN THE UNIVERSE...IT’S AN EXPRESS ELEVATOR TO HELL, AND YOU’RE GONNA WANT TO BE ON IT!

A small colony of synths have settled in secret on a backwater moon. When a company of United System soldiers come to them for help retrieving biotechnology on a hostile planet that could be the key to saving humanity, the synths must decide whether the prospect of peace between man and machine is worth the risk of betrayal.

Julius Ohta Joins Marvel's Alien As New Artist with Alien Relaunch in August!

The above cover is the work of Björn Barends, and the issue will also have variant covers by Travis Charest, Carlos Magno, and Ryan Brown. The new series’ will begin August 2022, though we don’t have an exact release date yet! The series new artist Julius Ohta has previously worked on Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Wastelanders: Doom and Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades. Talking about working on Alien, Julius said:

"When I got invite to draw the new Alien series, I had a professional and standard reaction – I was glad to be invited and I was determined to make it the best work of my life. But then, a few minutes later, it came all at once – I understood that I was going to draw Alien... THE ALIEN. I freaked out (in a very good way) and then I knew the tremendous responsibility that is to be in this franchise." 

Marvel’s announcement about the relaunch, titled Alien: Icarcus, gives us more information about what we can expect from this new chapter of Marvel’s Alien.

“The series kicks off a chapter called ALIEN: ICARUS, which heightens the action in a similar way to how James Cameron's 1986 Aliens did after the original film,” he continued. “In ALIEN: ICARUS, readers will meet the legendary Synthetic Special Operations Team, led by one of my favorite original Alien characters so far: an unstoppable synthetic named Freyja.”

“When disaster strikes a crucial United Systems planet, the entire human population of the system relies on Steel Team finding the long-deserted Weyland-Yutani Research and Development outpost on Tobler-9, one of the most hostile environments in the known universe. Steel Team's the most bad-ass strike team in military history, and they've never met an organic life form that offered them the slightest threat...but they don’t know what’s waiting for them on Tobler-9,” he explained.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some of Julius' work -

His IG: https://www.instagram.com/juliusohta/

[cancerblack]

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent. Maybe I'll give this comic another shot now.

Engineer

Does anybody have any feedback on the new artist? Is he good? Does he have a history of plagiarism, tracing, swiping or photoshopping?

The preview you shared Hicks all look pretty good, so this seems like a step in the right direction by marvel!!

TilotnyWorshiper28

Engineer

There's a solicitation for Predator issue 2 in there too

judge death

Good news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Relaunch? Does this mean they already removed their own series as uncanon and making a new one? What happened with the whole ongoing series? xD

Oh well, now they get a new chance from me, artist seems good so its all down to the writers work now....

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: judge death on May 20, 2022, 04:32:47 PMGood news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Relaunch? Does this mean they already removed their own series as uncanon and making a new one? What happened with the whole ongoing series? xD

Oh well, now they get a new chance from me, artist seems good so its all down to the writers work now....
number 1s sell.  Marvel relaunches stuff when theres a statues quo change , a creative team change or if is coming off a big line wide event Ala theres probably going to be new x-men books after the Judgement day event this summer.  Alien #1 is just a continuation of the previous series just relaunching cause of a new artist   

Engineer

Quote from: judge death on May 20, 2022, 04:32:47 PMGood news, time for the writer to step up his game as to me his previous work has been bad with breaking lore and doing made up stuff to the xeno and avoiding explaining his thinking, still no explanation on the facehuggers why they were different and now on the planet they are back to normal after he claimed they keep the traits of the previous generations.....

Honestly I was wondering about that too... restarting at issue 1

They had that ongoing series, but they used "ongoing" kinda loosely. There was a completely separate story arc for issue #7, so they could have easily re-started at issue 1 there too.

Maybe they're re-starting the numbering because the artist changed?

Maybe, symbolically, they're changing their canon and calling a do-over?

Maybe they're moving away from the ongoing series format and changing to a "limited series" format more like dark horse? (which is what it seemed like they were doing to me already, just keeping the same creative team and a continuous numbering system).

Either way! So stoked larroca is gone! Now just waiting for Phillip Kennedy Johnson to leave alien too!

Eren Prometheus

Is this new comic going to be an Aliens Fireteam Elite story?  ???

Suom

August 10 is the slated release date as of May 20

BlueMarsalis79

Marvel's doing an Alien comic run?

That's cool, here's hoping it's good.

Kradan

That artist has quite a task doing a first EVER Alien comic by Marvel. He better not fall on his face, we wouldn't want Marvel's relationship with Alien fans to start on a bad note, would we ?

Some Old Dude

Finally an actual artist. I'm a bit weary on the writer since he seems to have the worlds blandest takes on mainstream superheroes, but I'll actually give it a shot now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed