Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,939 times)

Local Trouble

Would you say that the very concepts of praetorians, palatines and queen mothers were offensive regardless of how they were depicted?

Kradan

Personally, I think that Queen Mother is clear case of "Bigger-better" syndrome. Just an idea of creature able to influence Aliens and humans no matter how far they are is too over the top for me. Aliens are animals not space wizards

BlueMarsalis79

The idea of an Empress ruling over several hives I can get behind, but otherwise I'm with LT, most of it's redundant garbage.

[cancerblack]

I just like Bigger Queens. No special powers, no separate caste or strain or whatever. Just some big old bitch who never stopped growing.

Local Trouble

Like the T-rex in AvP?

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 01, 2021, 04:05:28 PM
Would you say that the very concepts of praetorians, palatines and queen mothers were offensive regardless of how they were depicted?

They're not offensive, just pointless.  Fun for games but little else.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What about the giant facehugger?

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2013, 12:08:57 AM
You rang?

SM

Tending more towards offensive.

Mr.Turok

I adore the idea of Queen Mothers due to the simple fact they put a great dash of eldritch abomination into creatures that already exemplify a mix of fiendish biomechanical, all consuming, eldritch abominations.

While I do think the trait of controlling every single alien in the galaxy ever is too much, I do love how it has telepathic abilities that allows her to play mind games with people. An alien that has the ability to probe your mind, induce nightmares, and being hyperintelligent to the point that maybe these xenos are beyond simple animalistic thought, if maybe or maybe not surpasses human thought. Who knows? Death is always a certainty when one tries to understand it as past media shows. Its another wrench in the cogs to keep us guessing, another unknown that leads to more questions. Its just that alien and beyond us, as the alien should be.

Hell, I would add further traits like the Markers in Dead Space. Say like if she was captured and contained in Weyland facility, she is just more living proof to how you simply cannot contain or control the xenos. Have her able send out multiple telepathic signals to its assault its enemies as it begins her escape plan. Those alive and afflicted with weaker wills begin to experience hallucinations and contract dementia, sending the living into a paranoid state causing homicidal and suicidal actions. See the people around her tear themselves apart, opening new opportunities to orchestrate escape and expansion for her and the hive.

In one way, I know some might think its too much already, having more castes when the basic is already terrifying as it is, but I also see it as another reason why these things will always keep us guessing in terror, as you never know what will spring forth from its incredibly violent and ever changing dark nature.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 02, 2021, 05:49:23 AM
-and being hyperintelligent to the point that maybe these xenos are beyond simple animalistic thought, if maybe or maybe not surpasses human thought. Who knows?

They already are.

But yes it's true Alien in the graphic novel realm did the influencing humanity's thoughts thing first and as such, in addition to the religion surrounding ascending into a higher form through "glorious rebirth" so it's absolutely entitled to go that direction in the future someday.

Hunter-Killer

I like the idea of different kinds of xenomorphs. I'll always love big chap but it's cool to see different variations of aliens and predators, as long as the storyline is good

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 02, 2021, 10:25:06 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 02, 2021, 05:49:23 AM
-and being hyperintelligent to the point that maybe these xenos are beyond simple animalistic thought, if maybe or maybe not surpasses human thought. Who knows?

They already are.

Some people don't think so.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 02, 2021, 10:25:06 AM

But yes it's true Alien in the graphic novel realm did the influencing humanity's thoughts thing first and as such, in addition to the religion surrounding ascending into a higher form through "glorious rebirth" so it's absolutely entitled to go that direction in the future someday.

Alien cults are interesting and adds to the mythical eldritch aura on the alien overall. 

Local Trouble

Wait, are the aliens telepathic?  ???

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2021, 09:53:38 PM

Its been suggested to some degree, seeing that the Queen can control/command her underlings. The Queen Mother is just the pinnacle of this ability.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2021, 09:53:38 PM

In the first comic series the Queens can communicate telepathically.  And it was mentioned on and off in other comics over the years (Labyrinth was one from memory).  I think there's a reference in the Resurrection novelisation too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed