Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,045 times)

Corporal Hicks

Available on Comixology now btw.

RidgeTop

Ok so this is... interesting.

Apparently Salvador Larroca used himself as reference for the main character:

Not the first time he's put himself in a comic either, he did it in Star Wars:

"That's why I said, for two vignettes I put myself. It was something functional to get out of trouble. But it turned out that he was the main villain in the collection, which was a surprise to me as well."

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2021, 10:03:21 AM
Available on Comixology now btw.

Have you read it ?

It's pretty good

drsmuts

Quite enjoyed it. Not bad.

426Buddy

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 24, 2021, 04:52:16 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 22, 2021, 01:07:24 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:22:43 PM
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/preview-marvel-comics-alien-1

5 page preview.
I really dislike that artwork. It looks... Not cheap, but lacklustre? As if there's no heart in it.
I've seen MUCH worse from some Dark Horse artists drawing Aliens.

I'll take Sam Keith again over traced action figures and stolen art.

It has come out that it happened at DH too, on Alien TOS and Aliens Fire & Stone for sure. But I don't know any other examples. With Marvel it's been just too much to keep me interested anymore.

SiL

SiL

They're not even dynamic poses. Take a photo, cut the limbs and joints, reposition them into something not so damn stiff. Alien Loves Predator put more effort in.

Nightmare Asylum

Sam Keith's work on Inhuman Condition is genuinely great and I will die standing on this soapbox.

Voodoo Magic

Going in with trepidation I read Alien #1. And so far, I am thoroughly invested. Yep, I enjoyed it. It was a very good first read, even with the art issues justifiably criticized throughout this thread. I especially enjoyed the main family dynamic here. It felt real. So I am definitely looking forward to issue #2, even though... after weeks of reading this thread, I felt like I needed a shower afterwards. :-\

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2021, 01:07:42 PM
Sam Keith's work on Inhuman Condition is genuinely great and I will die standing on this soapbox.

Russ840

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 24, 2021, 02:14:15 PM
Going in with trepidation I read Alien #1. And so far, I am thoroughly invested. Yep, I enjoyed it. It was a very good first read, even with the art issues justifiably criticized throughout this thread. I especially enjoyed the main family dynamic here. It felt real. So I am definitely looking forward to issue #2, even though... after weeks of reading this thread, I felt like I needed a shower afterwards. :-\

It really put to bed the worries as to whether or not it would graphic/violent/adult enough, don't you think.

Im with you on it.  I really felt like I was reading quality and am onboard.

BlueMarsalis79

Adapt the written portion into a book then or something that doesn't make me sick looking at it.

HuDaFuK

Glad to hear this is being received quite positively after/in spite of all the bullshit.

BlueMarsalis79

I almost spitefully wish failure upon it as a lesson, but in truth I do respect the writer and wish him the utmost success, but art's more than half this medium in my opinion.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 24, 2021, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2021, 01:07:42 PM

https://j.gifs.com/vnpME9.gif

Eiffel Tower!

PAS Spinelli

Spoiler
[close]
I'm not sure what is worse, the art, or the fact this is a "prophecy" dream that will probably come true later

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed