Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,400 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but a graphic novel's storytelling's in it's images as much as or more than the script itself, and we already know the quality of them, it's such a pity.

PAS Spinelli

After the super mixed response to the prequels, I genuinely don't understand why Disney is going back at it, it's so risky and genuinely not worth it, and not only that, but they are doing it in a extremely half assed way, I hope they compensate Neca for providing them with all of their Xenomorph artwork..

SM

SM

Using toys as 'models' for comic art has been a thing for some time.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 01, 2021, 12:43:37 AM
After the super mixed response to the prequels, I genuinely don't understand why Disney is going back at it, it's so risky and genuinely not worth it

This part actually fills me with some optimism, to be honest - it is nice seeing products coming out under the new "20th Century Studios" banner not shying away from the prequel concepts, and I hope to see that integration continue into the future.

but they are doing it in a extremely half assed way

This, however, I do find worrisome.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2021, 12:50:34 AM
After the super mixed response to the prequels, I genuinely don't understand why Disney is going back at it, it's so risky and genuinely not worth it

This part actually fills me with some optimism, to be honest - it is nice seeing products coming out under the new "20th Century Fox" banner not shying away from the prequel concepts, and I hope to see that integration continue into the future.

but they are doing it in a extremely half assed way

This, however, I do find worrisome.
The problem is not taking risks, it's the way they are taking it, were it up to me I'd find a way to keep the Prequels canon alongside the 2 AvP movies while also saying the Aliens in either aren't the ones from the Alien franchise

Quote from: SM on Mar 01, 2021, 12:46:27 AM
Using toys as 'models' for comic art has been a thing for some time.
Using a toy as a reference is a thing, using it to trace is another. Not only does it almost never looks good, this time it looks lazy and shameless, literally looks like a photo with a comic filter over it.

Nightmare Asylum

Meant "Studios" in my above post, not "Fox," and have since edited to reflect that.

For me, personally, I'm just not into the AVP concept in general. I find the movies to be bad, but even if they were good I'd still likely see them as something "separate" from the Alien series in my mind.

I do find the prequels to be interesting, though, and am happy to see them integrated directly into the new products alongside the more traditional elements from the original films. That fills me with some optimism for what Alien's on-screen future might hold.

This particular comic doesn't fill me with excitement, due to the art. But the intent behind it has me drumming up a bit of anticipation for what might yet come.

PAS Spinelli

Not a big fan of the AvP movies either, but I know some people that are, and it would also be easier for casual audiences to say they are canon with few retcons than to just try to reboot em, we don't want to end up like Terminator do we

BlueMarsalis79

Forgetting the nonsense AVP/R/2010.

For the original Alien, from the first three films and Alien Isolation, and then the ones featured in Alien Covenant.

They do exist separately because of The Cold Forge's establishment of Plagiarus Preapotens (original Alien) and then Alien The RPG's establishment of Plagiarus Linesteres (Alien Covenant) as a separate strain.

PAS Spinelli

Yeah, but we don't know whether Disney/Ridley still plan to make them both David's creation, or if David just copied the Engineers like how the Novel suggested

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Currently David's the top of my list in terms of the available introduced choices.

I prefer an A.I creating the Alien over it being a natural phenomena, and I prefer that over humans (The Engineers) creating them, perhaps just saying that it is not native to this universe's enough in itself.

With the Pathogen harvested from the long dead first appearance of them that reached extinction before mankind began to exist. (Or ended up on LV-426 Acheron)

PAS Spinelli

I prefer none of the known options, I preferred when the Space Jockeys were basically extinct and we didn't know what they were, or whether or not the aliens are theirs or not, we never needed to know where either came from, even in the comics and books the Xenomorph Prime explanations were stupid and uneeded

Local Trouble

But what about this though?

Spoiler
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 01:46:17 AM
But what about this though?

Spoiler
[close]

Predator

BlueMarsalis79

I understand that honestly, not liking any of the various potential origins, but I believe I have voiced my appreciation for the David's created "perfect organism" idea before.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed