Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,426 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Plagiarus Preapotens when deposited creates the traditional Alien, Facehugger, Chestburster, and adult. (Drone/Warrior/Runner/Defender/Praetorian Guard/Praetorian Charger) With the "Royalty bloodline" if you like being an extension of that. Plagiarus Linesteres when deposited creates the Praetomorph or Stalker from Alien Covenant.

The Pathogen creates Neomorphs and also gradually turns people and certain animals that initially survive it into Neomorphic beings until death. (No biomechanics)

Marvel's Alien already requires a lot of justification (for what we see in previews) considering this.

judge death

they will probably do what ridley would: handwave that away and say xenos dont work like that and we do whatever we like for our story to work :P I dont see how marvel will be able to explaina ll these different xenos and mutations and stuff we have seen which has never happened or been seen before.

Immortan Jonesy

While it seems more like F&S in the messy sence, maybe they are doing an Alan Dean Foster by ignoring the source material, like the ancient ovomorph created by the Engineers in the Covenant novelization.

But yeah...

Pathogen (no biomechanical beasts) ➡ stick bug Praetomorph created by David ➡ Giger's Alien ➡ Plagiarus Preapotens ~

BlueMarsalis79

I understand the story comes first but for me Alien The RPG, Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, and Phalanx make things complex by building a beautiful web for storytellers to draw upon that do not contradict each other.

This gets on my nerves because dubious quality of the storytelling and presentation aside (arguably existing as one in this particular medium) it appears to do exactly that.

It may surprise me but I doubt it.

judge death

exactly, we have what is cannon and shown how the xenomorphs work, and what royal jelly can and cant do, and same for the black goo, none of it can do what marvel has shown us and goes against everything mentioned in these books and comics and games etc, I lean more toward: marvels writer just ignore it and create whatever he thinks will be cool and scary and saying: screw the old lore.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2021, 04:47:58 PM
Unless the artistic team say otherwise, I find the horn/tentacle arrangement to be too coincidentally similar to Morathi to ignore. But it's not even that; even the way Morathi's helmet wraps around the sides of her face is mirrored in this other design. They're Sil-like eyes, but the general head design has far too much in common with Morathi for me to ignore her as a probable artistic inspiration.

It's basically Morathi as a Borg Queen with Sil's eyes. :)

Aside from the shape of the horns, I really don't see much else there.

I think it's more clearly a take on Sil or Li than it is the Morathi. The Borg Queen was always inspired by Giger too.

Quote from: judge death on Feb 28, 2021, 05:16:17 PM
so xenomorphs can create sil creatures now? urgh.

While we don't know for sure, I think it's far more likely that it'll be something to do with the black goo is responsible for this Xeno-lady than the actual Aliens themselves.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 28, 2021, 05:32:52 PM
Marvel's Alien already requires a lot of justification (for what we see in previews) considering this.

I wouldn't say so. Remember that Blue's interest in PP is because of its potential to rewrite DNA. And the PP is very obviously related to the black goo.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 28, 2021, 05:54:22 PM
I understand the story comes first but for me Alien The RPG, Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, and Phalanx make things complex by building a beautiful web for storytellers to draw upon that do not contradict each other.

Have you finished Charybdis yet?

Spoiler
Because it relates to this very much.
[close]

[cancerblack]

QuoteWhile we don't know for sure, I think it's far more likely that it'll be something to do with the black goo is responsible for this Xeno-lady than the actual Aliens themselves.

I just want Engies or SJs stroggifying people.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have not but I understand from context alone you're driving at something opening the door for this. But even so it is not an ability present innately. It must be drawn out by extensive manipulation.

Like David drawing out Plagiarus Linesteres from the Pathogen itself, but he's an artificial intelligence with processing capacity far beyond human beings, and used an entire planet to do it.

I'm guessing from Plagiarus Preapotens then, because biomechanics do not present in Plagiarus Linesteres, even so I will wait and see but I'm still ultimately apprehensive.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 28, 2021, 06:52:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2021, 04:47:58 PM
Unless the artistic team say otherwise, I find the horn/tentacle arrangement to be too coincidentally similar to Morathi to ignore. But it's not even that; even the way Morathi's helmet wraps around the sides of her face is mirrored in this other design. They're Sil-like eyes, but the general head design has far too much in common with Morathi for me to ignore her as a probable artistic inspiration.

It's basically Morathi as a Borg Queen with Sil's eyes. :)

Aside from the shape of the horns, I really don't see much else there.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/55/c8/5c/55c85cd61ef3fbc954dddfbbec8f373a.jpg

I think it's more clearly a take on Sil or Li than it is the Morathi. The Borg Queen was always inspired by Giger too.

Quote from: judge death on Feb 28, 2021, 05:16:17 PM
so xenomorphs can create sil creatures now? urgh.

While we don't know for sure, I think it's far more likely that it'll be something to do with the black goo is responsible for this Xeno-lady than the actual Aliens themselves.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 28, 2021, 05:32:52 PM

I wouldn't say so. Remember that Blue's interest in PP is because of its potential to rewrite DNA. And the PP is very obviously related to the black goo.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 28, 2021, 05:54:22 PM

Have you finished Charybdis yet?

Spoiler
Because it relates to this very much.
[close]

That last part! I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!

EJA

EJA

Seems like this comic is already gonna bomb.

SM

SM

Doubt it.  There's some bad press about the art, but I think many will check out at least the first couple of issues to see if the story is any good.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, issue number ones always sell really well. And the Star Wars comics seem to do great numbers, despite much of the art being like this.

I'm bummed, cause concept wise there's some stuff ij these previews that is really intetesting me. The writer has some neat things to say in interviews, I'm all for seeing where these concepts go - but oof, that art. :-\

SuperiorIronman

Everything gets 4-6 issues so Marvel can sell a trade and 20,000 copies should still be the cancellation line. The only way this is going to bomb is if by the end of the first volume it does terrible in sales. It can still review poorly but given some of the things Marvel puts out they'll keep it going so long as it sells well.

Nukiemorph

The trailer has 20K likes vs. about 500 dislikes, so I doubt the bad art press is making much of a dent in sales.

Local Trouble

As long as the end result is good, most people don't care how the sausage is made.  It's the same reason Alien Theory is a popular channel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed