Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,217 times)

SuperiorIronman

So just heard that in Doctor Doom, Larroca used a Star Wars map off of Deviant Art and didn't even bother changing the names on the map. Just a clusterf**k of an error if legitimate.

I really don't know what it is with the Marvel Alien books getting this treatment. First Greg Land on that cover and now Larroca being so lazy he didn't even remove the watermark. Just kick him off Alien and use Ryan Stegman or Esad Ribic. I'm positive Joe Bennett would be a fantastic choice. But so far the Alien books just keep f**king this up. Hell, just hire Tristan Jones.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2021, 08:14:02 AM
Oooofffffff

QuoteMistakes in comics happen, as it's only natural that even top publishers such as Marvel Comics and DC Comics miss an error that makes its way into publications. It's human to err. But, in last month's Doctor Doom, artist Salvador Larroca seemingly accidentally forgot to remove a watermark to DeviantArt, which made it into the comic's printing.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-error-deviant-art-canon-mistake/

Can't say this shocks me in literally any way imaginable. ::) Good job, Marvel...

[cancerblack]

Here's an oldie but a goodie, Venom: Space Knight using Dawn of War videogame models (the tan coloured vehicles). Presumably to dodge copyright (GW is one of the few organizations as litigious as Disney, or was at the time), but possibly through sheer laziness or incompetence, they also managed to scale up the main chassis by an order of magnitude or two, while leaving the drones (front), missile rack (top), access hatches (side), and engines (side, upper) in the original scale.

Marvel fans of the day assured me this was not an uncommon event.

Prez

Working in the creative industry for over 30 years now and yep this stuff does happen. Been down that road myself on previous projects (not watermarks but rather glaring mistakes that neither I, my creative director or client picked up). It is embarrassing at times.

That said hire a good proof reader/sub-editor before signing off is probably a good place to start?

Well this and a few other high profile blunders doesn't instil confidence in Marvel for me.

Nightmare Asylum

Get a more perceptive editor, sure, but maybe also get rid of artists that are notorious for doing this over and over and over again, too.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Look what these heartless lazy monsters did with my favorite Dawn of War civilization  >:( :'(

They don't respect Alien, and apparently they've been doing this despicable modus operandi for eons.

~ Sigh ~

Prez

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 09, 2021, 01:49:21 AM
Get a more perceptive editor, sure, but maybe also get rid of artists that are notorious for doing this over and over and over again, too.

Good point.

judge death

Getting a new editor wont solve the issue as it goes deeper as some say here, based on what I know from the star wars comics and articles of various artists tracing and stealing art and the confirmed cases here, its something marvel allows and the owners of marvel protects their artists doing this, almost like its a practice of theirs at the moment.

You dont see marvel firing their artists or demoting them etc but keeps them employed, and dont care if they are found out, nor does it seem they hire other artists but their inside artists, mostly.

Why this is is the question but well the art do look stunning so as long as their causual readers and comic fans that dont care about these things let alone about aliens franchise, and sells well, they wont change their aproach I reckon.

SM

SM

Free League nicked an illustration Darrell Curtis did for his Nostromo files website for the Chariot of the Gods adventure.

SiL

SiL

I hear information from a certain site has been mined sans credit in the past too.

SM

SM

You know in all this since they copied Tristan's stuff I never actually thought of that.

Bloody CdL...

426Buddy

So wtf is up with the hooves? Are we getting a bull alien or something :laugh:

judge death

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 09, 2021, 12:59:11 PM
So wtf is up with the hooves? Are we getting a bull alien or something :laugh:
Well they said it would be a new species of xenomorph so its probably something like that, not a fan of giving it hooves but seems its that.

HuDaFuK

The Headless Bullien.

Kradan

I hope it's some random goat wandering in hive

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed