Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,314 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Oh goody... More comics with goofy-ass Aliens being used as punch-bag cannon fodder....yay...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 28, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
The only thing that stands out to me is the crotch of the alien getting shot by Cyclops. Looks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.

Good catch. Now I can't unsee it!  :laugh:

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 29, 2020, 10:21:07 PM
Oh goody... More comics with goofy-ass Aliens being used as punch-bag cannon fodder....yay...

Well, you can't be in a no-weapons maximum security prison forever or have unarmed protagonists forever. Eventually one must appreciate the weapons versus haunting swarm. :o

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1164/9704/products/STL175125_600x600.jpg?v=1607028411

Proportions on the Marauders one are wonky, but I like the X-Force one for the most part. The only thing that stands out to me is the crotch of the alien getting shot by Cyclops. Looks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.

Wow, it's a little obvious that this guy used Neca's Alien figure to draw his Aliens.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2020, 09:33:40 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention this here, but Larroca's Marvel variant covers have been released for Marauders and X-Force:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1164/9704/products/STL175125_600x600.jpg?v=1607028411

Proportions on the Marauders one are wonky, but I like the X-Force one for the most part. The only thing that stands out to me is the crotch of the alien getting shot by Cyclops. Looks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.
That X Force one is just the MacFarlane Movie Maniacs Five Alien from different angles, with the mouth closed in one.

And that mouth looks awkward because that figures mouth doesn't close.
Actually it's NECA's figure.

SiL

SiL

Yeah I addressed that above.

EDIT

Looking at the Alien with the wonky crotch again, the problem is the whole lower body of the Alien is twisted away to the right of frame but the legs are still attached as though it's in line with the torso. What a wreck.

Whiskeybrewer

Is this going to be On Going?

or are Marvel doing Limited Series?

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2020, 12:03:12 AM

Well, you can't be in a no-weapons maximum security prison forever or have unarmed protagonists forever. Eventually one must appreciate the weapons versus haunting swarm. :o

...no need to turn the Aliens into cannon fodder shooting gallery target practice or slack-jawed whack-a-mole punching bags for the protagonists though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 30, 2020, 02:12:48 AM
Is this going to be On Going?

or are Marvel doing Limited Series?

Seems to be an on-going. But on-going for how long, we don't know.

judge death

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 30, 2020, 07:29:35 AM

...no need to turn the Aliens into cannon fodder shooting gallery target practice or slack-jawed whack-a-mole punching bags for the protagonists though.
Based on what Ive seen on marvel forums and videos etc most marvel fans are mostly looking forward to having their marvel charachters beating up xenomorphs, so if marvel want to earn money its easy to predict which route is the most profitable....

Kradan

Immediate reaction: OH NO

Well, I hope they do that in crossovers (which are inevitable) and leave something more interesting for Alien-only series

SuperiorIronman

If anything it will run at least 6 issues. Long enough for a trade but short enough it could be written off as a mini if things don't go well. I'd expect at least 12 issues should it succeed.

Marvel crossovers are a given especially if Alien is successful. Aliens versus the Marvel Universe is a pretty obvious concept but don't expect it to be canon to any of the Alien stuff Marvel puts out. It'd just be a fun crossover should they do it. It alternatively could just be a cameo in a Marvel book or like Predator where a Predator is in the background in a Star Wars book. While I'd expect the crossovers to happen I don't think they'd take them seriously or have them happen anytime soon.

The only crossover I can see them doing anytime soon would be an AVP but I think that's probably an event they'd do inside a Predator book rather than an Alien comic.

Kradan

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 30, 2020, 04:03:41 PM
The only crossover I can see them doing anytime soon would be an AVP but I think that's probably an event they'd do inside a Predator book rather than an Alien comic.

Why so ?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 30, 2020, 06:18:44 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 30, 2020, 04:03:41 PM

Why so ?

I don't see that being a thing in Alien books since it doesn't seem clear what direction they're taking with Alien just yet. AVP is still relevant to Predator so if any book would do a one shot or an arc with Aliens I could see Predator doing it. But Alien I'm sure they'll keep its own thing until they work out what direction they're taking the franchise since I'd imagine this would tie into whatever is going on with the movies, TV, and whatever is going on with that game. Aliens I don't see handling Predators in its own book but I could see Aliens making an appearance in Predator media since Predator seems to acknowledge the crossovers where Alien doesn't as much. AVP being a thing would probably wait a few arcs for a crossover (assuming both brands did well) but really I feel it'd wait on Disney's next project to synergize with it which is common for Marvel to do. And if anything they probably should wait a year or two before any crossover anyways so the audience can build up hype and get the audience acclimated to the brand and characters.

PraetorianX101

Quote from: judge death on Dec 30, 2020, 09:53:49 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 30, 2020, 07:29:35 AM

Based on what Ive seen on marvel forums and videos etc most marvel fans are mostly looking forward to having their marvel charachters beating up xenomorphs, so if marvel want to earn money its easy to predict which route is the most profitable....
I know it'd probably never happen, but I'd love it if they did what that old WildC.A.T.s/Alien crossover did where it depicted superheroes getting slaughtered and/or impregnated by the Aliens. As silly as Aliens with superpowers may sound, that fire-breathing Alien was pretty cool. ;D

Kradan

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 29, 2020, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 28, 2020, 04:33:38 PM
https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1453/54/1453546902771.jpg

yea, Salvador's garbage.

This may end up being really well written but this guy's art is consistently laughable.

This one is by Greg Land.

I thought the same but backwards Google search claims its Salvador's. Go figure

EJA

EJA

I'm of two minds on Marvel doing crossovers with Alien and Predator. I don't think it'll happen anyhow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed