Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,511 times)

skhellter

yea, Salvador's garbage.

This may end up being really well written but this guy's art is consistently laughable.

Xiggz456

Well good thing art is completely subjective cuz I think we're going to see a solid comic book and I'm extremely excited with the writer/artist combo. Larroca's Star Wars run had such a cinematic feel to it and I for one loved it.

Nukiemorph

I haven't seen anyone mention this here, but Larroca's Marvel variant covers have been released for Marauders and X-Force:

Proportions on the Marauders one are wonky, but I like the X-Force one for the most part. The only thing that stands out to me is the crotch of the alien getting shot by Cyclops. Looks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.

Nightmare Asylum

I wish Marvel didn't always try to go so photo-realistic with their licensed properties. Some of the best Alien material in comics has been the really stylized stuff, if you ask me.

There are definitely ways to pull of realistic well, of course...

But with the exception of Sacrifice (pictured above) most of my favorite comics haven't really gone for "cinematic."

SiL

SiL

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 28, 2020, 07:52:00 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention this here, but Larroca's Marvel variant covers have been released for Marauders and X-Force:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1164/9704/products/STL175125_600x600.jpg?v=1607028411

Proportions on the Marauders one are wonky, but I like the X-Force one for the most part. The only thing that stands out to me is the crotch of the alien getting shot by Cyclops. Looks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.
That X Force one is just the MacFarlane Movie Maniacs Five Alien from different angles, with the mouth closed in one.

And that mouth looks awkward because that figures mouth doesn't close.

Nightmare Asylum

I knew that one looked familiar, but I couldn't place the figure. I was combing through Neca figures for reference...

judge death

And the covers makes it look like the xenomorph will be just cannonfodder for the main marvel charachters that they will focus on I bet. :/

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on Dec 28, 2020, 09:40:17 PM
And the covers makes it look like the xenomorph will be just cannonfodder for the main marvel charachters that they will focus on I bet. :/

The covers are just promotional variants. There aren't actually any crossover stories in the works (that we know of).

It doesn't bode well for the art of the proper Alien comic series, though...

judge death

Indeed, read on tristians twitter some other marvel artists are tracing stuff for the alien comics, not alien art this time but people and scenery etc and after seeing here the level of tracing and using xenomorph action figures and stuff its embarrasing level.....

Nightmare Asylum

It all sucks even more here because I'm actually pretty genuinely interested in the concepts that the writer of this comic has talked about in the interviews with him posted a few pages back.

Kimarhi

Everyone will have to wait and see.

Even Marvel comics runs of SW has had its ups and downs. 

Aliens did with DH, and Marvel will to.

Media is subjective, so ones trash is another treasure.  I have plenty of liked Aliens comics that were kind of panned on release but I enjoy them anyways. 

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2020, 09:33:40 PM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1164/9704/products/STL175125_600x600.jpg?v=1607028411

That X Force one is just the MacFarlane Movie Maniacs Five Alien from different angles, with the mouth closed in one.

I think he's using NECA big chap there actually. At least for the one being held up by Colossus.

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 28, 2020, 04:33:38 PM
https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1453/54/1453546902771.jpg

yea, Salvador's garbage.

This may end up being really well written but this guy's art is consistently laughable.

This one is by Greg Land.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 29, 2020, 03:38:15 AM
Media is subjective, so ones trash is another treasure.  I have plenty of liked Aliens comics that were kind of panned on release but I enjoy them anyways.

Absolutely. I just hope if it is someone's trash, it is someone's trash that can stand on its own two feet without plagiarizing. :D

skhellter

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 28, 2020, 07:52:00 PMLooks like an action figure reference where he didn't bother to fill in the open leg joint.

That's exactly what it is. Very noticeable with the head of the bottom alien. (you can even see that it's a NECA action figure.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 29, 2020, 07:12:13 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2020, 09:33:40 PM

I think he's using NECA big chap there actually. At least for the one being held up by Colossus.
The legs are the exact pose of the MacFarlane, but it could be a coincidence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed