Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,518 times)

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 17, 2022, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 17, 2022, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 17, 2022, 03:54:15 PM
RidgeTop's just pointed out on Twitter that the Alien standing in the background is actually a copy-paste job from one of Larroca's earlier panels for the series, in which it was originally traced from a figure :laugh:

You couldn't f**king write this shit.

I saw that lol it wasn't the only copy/paste job either. The other alien prominently in the image was straight out of issue 3, but flipped so it's facing the opposite direction. It even has nearly the same shading/lighting across the top of its head.

https://twitter.com/engineer_lv426/status/1504461740708302853?s

If you look closely, you can he also traced in the reflection of the phone he used to take the picture of the toy, incredible.

Wait, what?!? Where?!?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 17, 2022, 09:35:45 PM

If you look closely, you can he also traced in the reflection of the phone he used to take the picture of the toy, incredible.

Wait, what?!? Where?!?
[/quote]

Engineer

Omg!

PAS Spinelli

This makes me believe that instead of straight up reusing the same drawing, he reused the same toy picture

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2022, 12:36:00 PM
And at that point we'll start to appreciate Lorroca more. Like I now appreciate Sam Keith more (though I still and will always give Sam Inhuman Condition).  :P

Keith is a great artist who just had the worst possible stylistic match for Nelson and Beauvais. His work on Sandman was sublime.

Corporal Hicks

I do not disagree there, Old Dude. That's why I think his work on Inhuman Condition is fantastic. His style suits that story down to an absolute tee, especially once the twist comes. He just wasn't right for Female War.

Some Old Dude

Yeah Female War goes off the rails thanks a lot to his art. I'll need to read the novelisation some day to see if I get a better experience out of it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That has its own problems via its attempts at the Ripley retcon and that silly Newt/Hicks relationship that Perry forced on the books at the end of Nightmare Asylum, but all-in-all it was a better experience.

Kradan

Disagree completely. I loved Perry's Earth Hive and Nightmare Asylum novelisations but Female War one from the first reading was kinda ... underwhelming. I don't know who's to blame - Verheiden who came up with the story in the first place or Perry who got to adapt it in a book form but I just can't bring myself to  like it. The comic on the other hand, has such a weird and grotesque and stylised artwork that I just can't help but enjoy it more

BlueMarsalis79

I actually agree I don't think there's any salvaging that story but I like the artwork out of that context.

Kradan

That's fair. I totally get people being put off by Keith's artwork

BlueMarsalis79

You misunderstand, I agree with you, good sir!

Kradan

And I agree with you !  :D

BlueMarsalis79

Very well!

Thatguy2068

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 17, 2022, 09:42:10 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 17, 2022, 09:35:45 PM

Wait, what?!? Where?!?

[/quote]

How does this man still has a job

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed