Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 12:19:00 PM
"I admire its purity..."
Alien Films / Re: Alien's Visual Effects Art...
Last post by SM - Today at 12:03:33 PM
Man never got his due from the Giger cult.
I always pronounce it yaute-ya or yattya.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: For All Mankind
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 11:54:15 AM
Fantastic news on both accounts! Really excited to see where they continue to take this reality.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus connections ...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 11:49:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 11:29:11 AMI don't think we're going to see any explicit nods to Isolation's narrative or characters, but its visual language seems like it is going to have a lot of influence on this one. We know the Alien: Isolation art book was on Fede's shelf of influences, too.
Yeah, I agree. At least visually there's a connection. I'm happy to believe that story happens in the timeline regardless.
To be fair, that could purely be down to the artists not knowing the lore that in depth. I wouldn't worry too much about the exact designs on the artwork. If Hawley knows and cares, that'll change in the final product.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 11:38:58 AM
Quote from: Huntsman on Today at 10:11:52 AMIf the film is good it helps legitimise its place in the canon.

There hasn't been a bad Alien film yet.

So, definitely.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 11:35:59 AM
Honestly, everything we've heard about it so far, is something I've very interested in. It sounds like a reconciliation of the prequel and main lore in a way that sounds very fascinating to me. I just hope it's all executed well.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 11:33:27 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 02:32:28 AMI think Cold Forge is great, but Into Charybdis is even better.

Would love to see White get to tackle another one at some point.

I know they weren't on the picture of his shelf, but some of the stuff I've heard about Romulus almost makes me wonder if these books were among the sources Fede consulted.

I have no doubt he read them! Just seems to similar.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 11:32:05 AMOr it could just straight up be a gaff. We'll find out. lol

That also crossed my mind, given which version of the WY logo was used in the concept art you shared. :laugh:
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed