The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!!

Started by RoaryUK, Sep 17, 2012, 07:24:25 PM

Author
The Engineer Speaks..... I think!!! (Read 47,598 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 19, 2012, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 08:24:54 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 19, 2012, 02:01:47 AM
1: "Maybe" strongly indicates this is one of those things he just added in there for the sake of mystery, without having a clear idea, himself. Shame.

2: That explanation makes no sense... The Engineers expect us to personally have learned their language? If we're considered as inferior, wouldn't the Engineer be insulted at humans, themselves, speaking to them, too?

This is confirming to me just how hand-wavey and nonsensical this scene ultimately was, sadly.
Really, it's sad but I really think he/they don't have a clue where the story is going.
R.Scott doesn't have a plan in mind, they just put the story together as they go.
I really don't think they "put the story together as they go"... I think it evolved/changed, but it's not like they started principle photography with a blank piece of paper.

I think at the end of the day Ridley Scott pussied out to Tom Rothman.

He cut all the good character stuff out of his movie and thought that he was going to make a ton of money and be hip with the kids like his buddy James Cameron.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 04:38:52 PM
Well all the inconsistencies in the movie makes me feel that way, like there is not a big plan they are following.
I'm almost certain that R.Scott doesn't even know how the story will end.

I might be wrong, but it feels that way.

You mean the bigger story planned to be told in 2 or 3 movies? If so... yes probably. Broad brush stroke ideas with nothing more. I think they probably had a clear vision of a tight 1st act movie which introduces the concept of the engineers (Prometheus) with some tonality of Alien, and a sketchy 2nd/3rd movie which is more to do with engineer home word and technological warfare (lots of fighting and stuff a la Aliens/Avatar).

fiveways

Quote from: Kol on Sep 19, 2012, 04:07:15 PM
so and why didn't she get her ass off that f**king ship?

If this is in reference to ford, even if he didnt kill her she is probably pretty f**ked up. 

Every try to walk off a massive concussion?  Yeah....that works super well.  Or broken ribs if you have never encountered that sort of pain before [most people haven't].  It is more realistic that if she isnt dead she just lays there delirious and dies from the impact of prometheus hitting the ship and it rolling and crashing.

whiterabbit

Having that scene where Davids head was said to having been bouncing around the room would have cleared things up. However that blow the Engineer delivers Ford is death. For the other guy it's possible that he is still alive, all be it with a broken back. However I think the punch was meant to look more powerful that what ended up on film.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 19, 2012, 04:38:52 PM

-Well, on the other hand, notice that David was in the same room and after the crash he seems to be in the same place near his body, like nothing has moved during the crash...

Nope, David isn't in the same place. When Shaw runs he is on the platform near the chair. When Shaw returns after the ship crashes, David's head and body are between the platform and the wall. And weyland body is missing

BANE

BANE

For god's sake, Chris. Don't start this up again.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: BANE on Sep 20, 2012, 12:32:37 PMFor god's sake, Chris. Don't start this up again.

That was entirely facetious and not an incitement for argument. I apologise (for your sake, not god's). :)

Infected

I liked it  ;D

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 18, 2012, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 18, 2012, 01:39:30 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/18/prometheus-deleted-scene

So he got his butt kicked cause he was boasting?

I think the Engineer thought: "You created this fragile android and you thought were a God? *Rips David's head off* I created the freaking xeno! *Smacks*"  8)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 20, 2012, 03:19:38 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 18, 2012, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 18, 2012, 01:39:30 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/18/prometheus-deleted-scene

So he got his butt kicked cause he was boasting?

I think the Engineer thought: "You created this fragile android and you thought were a God? *Rips David's head off* I created the freaking xeno! *Smacks*"  8)

OMG! Aliens vs Androids!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Engineers look at us in the same way as we look at cows. Food!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 20, 2012, 11:42:50 PM

Man makes cows. Man eats cows. Cows then evolve. Cows challenge man. Farmers lose all.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 20, 2012, 11:55:21 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 20, 2012, 11:42:50 PM

Man makes cows. Man eats cows. Cows then evolve. Cows challenge man. Farmers lose all.

http://www.jplegacy.org/jpencyclopedia/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/malcolm_01.png

Spoiler
GIFSoup
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Ah, now eventually you do plan to have Aliens in your, in your Alien prequel, right? Hello?... Hello? Yes?

MrSpaceJockey

If he opens his mouth again, shoot him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed