Full Prey Trailer Officially Released Alongside New Poster!

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Jun 04, 2022, 09:32:53 PM

Author
Full Prey Trailer Officially Released Alongside New Poster! (Read 54,683 times)

Master

Aaaaa ok., shittalk.

Manti

I still maintain that the best thing for this movie would be for the Predator to survive.
In every single movie weve had so far, the "main" Pred got nuked at the end. Six (!) movies in a row doing that.
I think after six movies ending with a dead Pred, this would be the breath of fresh air the franchise needs. No new sub-species or upgrades or whatever, just let the Pred live for a change. That would different enough from any of the others.
You dont even need to kill the main character to make it work. Let their fight end with a draw, or with her gaining the Preds respect, or something else along those lines.

Rankles75

Quote from: Manti on Jun 16, 2022, 11:39:00 AMI still maintain that the best thing for this movie would be for the Predator to survive.
In every single movie weve had so far, the "main" Pred got nuked at the end. Six (!) movies in a row doing that.
I think after six movies ending with a dead Pred, this would be the breath of fresh air the franchise needs. No new sub-species or upgrades or whatever, just let the Pred live for a change. That would different enough from any of the others.
You dont even need to kill the main character to make it work. Let their fight end with a draw, or with her gaining the Preds respect, or something else along those lines.

Honestly, I think that's what will happen.

Jigsaw85

Predators aren't characters we're supposed to root for. They're glorified serial killers who pick off actual characters we like. The audience wants to see the protagonist get her revenge on the thing that killed her friends/family. No doubt she's gonna kill it, her whole character arc is proving that she can hunt. What kind of ending would it be if the Predator just pats her on the back and say "not bad,kid. You've proven yourself a hunter in my eyes." And just walks away like a badass leaving Naru with no trophy while he walks off with the skulls of her friends.  Ah no, this type of Predator loving mentality is what ruined AVPR. The Predator has to die.

PAS Spinelli

AVPR was bad for way more reason that it jerking off the Predator for no reason (something every piece of AVP media does btw)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 17, 2022, 03:49:38 PMthis type of Predator loving mentality is what ruined AVPR. The Predator has to die.

Lack of interesting human characters, lack of interesting story, bad directing, lack of light, stupid dialogue. I'd say that ruined the movie.

PredBabe

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 17, 2022, 03:49:38 PMThe audience wants to see the protagonist get her revenge on the thing that killed her friends/family. No doubt she's gonna kill it, her whole character arc is proving that she can hunt. What kind of ending would it be if the Predator just pats her on the back and say "not bad,kid. You've proven yourself a hunter in my eyes." And just walks away like a badass leaving Naru with no trophy while he walks off with the skulls of her friends.  Ah no, this type of Predator loving mentality is what ruined AVPR. The Predator has to die.

I agree that she will more than likely kill the Predator at the end for those exact reasons. The only way I see a Predator surviving at the end of Prey is if there is multiple preds which is still possible I suppose.

Generally speaking though, I think it would be refreshing- and yeah fan service- to see a Predator live at the end.
They should have done this with Fugitive in The Predator as he takes down the bigerererrr Predator- but that was one of many things they failed on with that movie.

RoguePred1987

I don't know if this is the right thread for this one, but a trailer reaction/review and analysis from a Native perspective and fan of the franchise;

Elix45

I originally thought this movie was a joke, because "Disney" Now owns the franchise, so "Pocahontas vs the Predator" was an obvious poke at the Mouse. But then I realized they green lit the idea. To make it worse it wasn't going to be a parody/spoof. Then I remembered oohh.. yeah "Disney"! So I'm torn between laughing at it's heavily forced "Woke" narrative that is award winning cringe worthy. To wanting to start a go fund me page to buy a tombstone Reading " Here Lies the Predator, Killed by a Mouse.

BlueMarsalis79

It entered production before the merger, you tool.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Elix45 on Jun 19, 2022, 05:20:11 PMI originally thought this movie was a joke, because "Disney" Now owns the franchise, so "Pocahontas vs the Predator" was an obvious poke at the Mouse. But then I realized they green lit the idea. To make it worse it wasn't going to be a parody/spoof. Then I remembered oohh.. yeah "Disney"! So I'm torn between laughing at it's heavily forced "Woke" narrative that is award winning cringe worthy. To wanting to start a go fund me page to buy a tombstone Reading " Here Lies the Predator, Killed by a Mouse.

Lol f**king drama queen.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Elix45 on Jun 19, 2022, 05:20:11 PMI originally thought this movie was a joke, because "Disney" Now owns the franchise, so "Pocahontas vs the Predator" was an obvious poke at the Mouse. But then I realized they green lit the idea. To make it worse it wasn't going to be a parody/spoof. Then I remembered oohh.. yeah "Disney"! So I'm torn between laughing at it's heavily forced "Woke" narrative that is award winning cringe worthy. To wanting to start a go fund me page to buy a tombstone Reading " Here Lies the Predator, Killed by a Mouse.

I like how people post silly stuff like this, when we've posted articles making it clear that none of what they're complaining about is actually true. Do people actually read the news stories posted here? Or just pop into drop a huge shit take in the toilet and forget to flush? We aren't your toilet!

PAS Spinelli

Wow the movie will be bad because the protagonist will be someone that is seemingly unprepared to deal with this, making them the underdog! This has NEVER happened in this franchise!!

;D

BigDaddyJohn

A bit more patience and judging the movie for yourself indeed seem hard to accomplish these days.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 19, 2022, 08:30:58 PMA bit more patience and judging the movie for yourself indeed seem hard to accomplish these days.
Why bother waiting to see the movie when dipshits like Ben Shapiro, Steven Crowder, & Charlie Kirk can tell you your opinion months before it comes out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed