New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 117,414 times)

Lasershot

Sounds like absolutely PC garbage

Samhain13

Samhain13

What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie.

Oh well. That's what happens when you leave the series fate with Ridley.

I would prefer a Predator movie set into the future but whatever.

Quote"Skulls will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

Huh. That's cute.

Kailem

I'm legit surprised that we're getting news of a new Predator movie before a new Alien one, but either way it's FANTASTIC!! :D

And HELL YES, it's about time they finally made a Predator movie set in the past!! I'd imagine the potential lower budget (and who knows, maybe even "back to basics" approach) could well be the reason a new Predator is moving forwards before a new Alien.

I know it's a long shot, but it'd be great if we got some sort of "Nakai" nod, even if it was just a passing reference rather than something major like a main character being Enoch's ancestor. Highly unlikely that the first new film under the Disney banner would directly reference something from Dark Horse, but a man can dream! :laugh:

Nukiemorph

Immortan Jonesy

:o Wow that was sooner than expected, which is nice news indeed.

Lasershot

Because it does on all Native American cast with the main character going up against gender roles. Are you f**king kidding me?

Drukathi

So, we have Predator 5, but not Alien 5? Huh?! Predator caught up and overtook the Alien by numbers?

And where is Predator 3 & 4 after all?

Lasershot

Why does every f**king new movie in the big franchises have to be focus solely on race and gender every single time. Hollywood apparently doesn't realize that their liberal agenda turns people off. Get woke to broke.

SuperiorIronman

Well I'm certainly excited. Was just thinking about Predator 5 and couldn't figure out why, get home from work to find this.

Very intrigued with what this could be and I'm interested in the change of hero. Predator protagonists are typically male so I'm glad to see some diversity here. I'm sure it'll get shit from certain sections of the internet but now that we know what a female Predator looks like I'd be happy to see an onscreen female for once. I say let the ladies have this one. It'd be a long time coming for a cinematic female Predator and female lead. Definitely excited for this.

bendinglight

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 09:13:41 PM
While Deadline wasn't able to go into specifics of the plot of Predator 5, we do actually have some story details for you! Alien vs. Predator Galaxy has known about this upcoming Predator 5 for a little while now.  Now bear with us on this one because it is going to seem like a leap.

In December of 2019, Discussing Film exclusively announced that Trachtenberg was developing a film with 20th Century Studios and Disney called Skulls, also written by Patrick Aison and was to be producer by long time Predator series producer John Davis. Discussing Film also provided some small details about Skulls' plot.

Quote'Skulls' will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

This small bit of information marries up with what Alien vs. Predator Galaxy was told regarding the upcoming Predator 5. According to our own sources Predator 5 will be set in the past (finally!) where it will focus around Native Americans before the territories were taken by the American settles, featuring a First Nations cast. It seems quite likely that Skulls is actually Predator 5, perhaps a working title or codename.

Yaaaaaaaaassss. Big Game is excellent and great to hear about the timeframe being in the past.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2020, 08:27:14 PM
I love 10 Cloverfield Lane. But then, I also love Shane Black's earlier films and The Predator turned out to be unwatchable.

^This. Not gunna get my hopes up at all, but it'd be really nice if this was good.

Local Trouble

bendinglight

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 20, 2020, 10:14:58 PM
I expect crabators.

Christ lets hope not - I would be incredibly disappointed if ADI was tapped to work on this. That studio needs to keep its subpar hands off Predator.

Jigsaw85

Sounds great to me. No genetic splicing bullshit, awkward comedy, or autism spine juice; just a good old fashioned Predator hunt.We've got nothing to lose with this film.

XENOMORPHOSIS

And Just like Predator all invisible this news just came out of nowhere. I remember years ago coming across updates and news scoops for 2010's Predator3 Predators and 2018 Predator4 The Predator, theResults were mixed, didn't quiet meet potential, dunno how Predator 5 will turn out. Had that initial spark of excitement seeing the article, but we've been let down over and over just feeling depleted, though chances are slim hopefully turns out decent if not great, here's hoping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed