Alien Resurrection PS1 (Beta). Third Person stills online. Anyone seen these?

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Nov 12, 2019, 05:50:00 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection PS1 (Beta). Third Person stills online. Anyone seen these? (Read 10,758 times)

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 14, 2019, 05:25:56 PM
Its not like you face many different enemies either.  Only three warrior Aliens in the whole game that I can remember.
Two -- warriors and soldiers.

What I love about the cheats is that even if you put God mode on, you can still drown or die of chestbursting if you don't switch off those specific things. Just the facehugging alone is enough to make the game stressful.

SM

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 14, 2019, 05:25:56 PM
Indeed pirate.
Only three warrior Aliens in the whole game that I can remember.

If you mean the standard ones, there's actually tons. If you mean the blue "soldier" ones, then yeah I think there's about 3.

The Old One

The Old One

I actually really appreciated that, an unexpected but welcome reveal near the end of the campaign, because AR the film only appeared to contain the one version.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 15, 2019, 05:54:15 AM

If you mean the standard ones, there's actually tons. If you mean the blue "soldier" ones, then yeah I think there's about 3.

Indeed pirate.
Only three warrior Aliens in the whole game that I can remember.

I'm pretty sure you can miss the second encounter as well.

I used to run the Aliens into the Marines with god mode on and watch them fight.  The Aliens seemed to have an easier time of it than the Marines did.

PsyKore

I expected more of the blue Aliens because they were listed in the game manual as tougher, meaner aliens (IIRC they were referred to as "Warrior Aliens"). So I expected to see more of them in later levels. But they were really only used as an easter egg.

Kimarhi

My main gripe would be the voice overs.  They got Christie and Distephano's actors to reprise them, and then only used them for grunts  and moans when taking damage.

Only Father's vo was used right.

I didn't like the lack of blue aliens either, I think I remember testing the damage out on them and they packed a slight more offensive capability than the drones did knocking your health bar dow but variety is the spice of life. 

The Old One

The Old One

Honestly, I didn't mind the absence of them, it's a switch from the status quo.

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 17, 2019, 12:53:29 AM
My main gripe would be the voice overs.  They got Christie and Distephano's actors to reprise them, and then only used them for grunts  and moans when taking damage.
They had more but got rid of it when they switched to first person apparently.

The Old One

The Old One

That's a pity.

Immortan Jonesy

Looks very tempting, and entertaining!

The Old One

The Old One

I say give it a go.

Immortan Jonesy

Oh definitely. But I'm curious... Is this the hardest Alien game?

Kimarhi

Its not easy but I never found it to be impossible either. 

If you flip any switch or push any button expect contact.  And the shotty can blow back aliens off of you when they get close even if the damage isn't good. 

Wweyland

I was able to finish it with the quicksave feature of the PSX emulator. Was hard as hell, but I think I played on the Hard difficulty as well.
The main point was to conserve ammo. The pistol had unlimited ammo but was not able to take down an enemy without you taking damage yourself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed