What do people have against this game?

Started by predxeno, May 18, 2010, 11:08:12 PM

Author
What do people have against this game? (Read 30,701 times)

Quick N Slick

Anyone can be facetious about anything. That is not criticism ::)

PREDATOR1125

They couldn't beat it hahaha. Maybe that's why they didn't like it

Jon4Nin

I liked the game, until again my house got robbed in 2008, and fair enough I bought a replacement from the same Ebay store that sold me AVP: Extinction.

AcidGlow

Quote from: Jon4Nin on Jul 26, 2010, 12:42:42 PM
I bought a replacement from the same Ebay store that sold me AVP: Extinction.

They should've gave you Extinction for free..  :P

Jon4Nin

Quote from: AcidGlow on Jul 26, 2010, 02:02:05 PM

Sucks, oh well I guess they need to make money somewhere and these games are hard to find nowadays.

predxeno

Quote from: Jon4Nin on Jul 26, 2010, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: AcidGlow on Jul 26, 2010, 02:02:05 PM

Sucks, oh well I guess they need to make money somewhere and these games are hard to find nowadays.

You're telling me.  I couldn't find a new copy of either game on ebay at all and if I did, it was outrageously expensive. :(

LLIT

I'm playing it right now. The story line is OK. I do love the gameplay though. I prefer 3rd person to 1st any day. Not having peripheral vision in 1st person drives me crazy! I'd love to see a sequel!

Quick N Slick

IMO, the vision modes, their strengths & weaknesses, & the analyses they can do on your rivals is arguably the best feature of gameplay. A lot can be said for the variety of kills & imaginative executions, though.

predxeno

It's one of the best 3rd person games I've played.  Wouldn't mind a sequel.  I think the executions were one of the best features of the game. :)

Quick N Slick

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 12, 2010, 04:31:23 PM
It's one of the best 3rd person games I've played.  Wouldn't mind a sequel.  I think the executions were one of the best features of the game. :)

Question is, would a sequel follow Scarface (ala Riddick in the sequel to Pitch Black), or follow Lucretia & the Weyland-Yutani merger, & their interactions with other Preds?

I don't think there's really a scenario where you could incorporate both ends here. Either you go in one direction, following Scarface to other worlds, or you start as a new Pred altogether, battling Lucretia as the new MOTHER, & essentially do the whole thing all over again, with different technology & foes.

ChanceVance

I quite enjoyed the game and liked the way you could change costumes.Also liked the inlclusion of the Naginata

Quick N Slick

Quote from: ChanceVance on Aug 13, 2010, 11:17:21 AM
I quite enjoyed the game and liked the way you could change costumes.Also liked the inlclusion of the Naginata

They the Yakuza fellas?

2to1

Question is, would a sequel follow Scarface (ala Riddick in the sequel to Pitch Black), or follow Lucretia & the Weyland-Yutani merger, & their interactions with other Preds?

I don't think there's really a scenario where you could incorporate both ends here. Either you go in one direction, following Scarface to other worlds, or you start as a new Pred altogether, battling Lucretia as the new MOTHER, & essentially do the whole thing all over again, with different technology & foes.
[/quote]

I had a storyline idea much like the 2nd scenario except it was more of an open world. Basically, Weyland-Yutani somehow got access to Hunter's experiments somehow and decided to use Lucretia for a soldier experiment in order for humans to successfully obtain Xenomorphs without harm. I had Scarface as your Elder in the clan and it took place shortly after Alien 3. I had started some creature ideas for the Predator to hunt. In order to progress in the storyline, you had to do a number of hunts in order to gain experience.

I had the idea somewhere, I should post it up sometime. It would involve different hunts besides just humans and Aliens.

gta_fan28

As big predator fan, this game so far the best solo predator game I've ever played despite on some minor issue.The game has a lot potential if other developer made this game like R* games. And for those who hate and criticize the game, we don't blame them cause first maybe their not Predator fans and to be honest the control was kind of hard at first.

echobbase79

For Xmas I found a copy of this game at a local GameSpot. It's pretty fun and I love how the game works. My favorite part is when you kill a main boss you rip out their spines. You can't beat that. Right now I'm on a level that's bugging me though. It involves me following a spanish drug dealer where he's hanging out with a bunch of whores with guns. And you can't use your cloaking device because it's being jammed by a satellite. And I keep getting caught by the prostitutes. Which is pretty funny I must say.

But what I've played so far is very fun and cool. To bad the game didn't do that well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed