Alien Resurrection PS1 (Beta). Third Person stills online. Anyone seen these?

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Nov 12, 2019, 05:50:00 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection PS1 (Beta). Third Person stills online. Anyone seen these? (Read 10,771 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Courtesy of unseen 64.com

https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/11/alien-resurrection-psx-beta/

I knew the original game was meant to be a Tomb Raider clone and it was covered extensively by Teletext pages during development in the UK.

Thank you to this youtube reviewer (no video footage) who jigged my memory and linked said stills.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing, Capcom! I've only got as far as the first Alien introduction in Resurrection, but damn if that video wasn't funny, if only from knowing about its reputation.

The Old One

The Old One

I really enjoyed Resurrection personally.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2019, 08:57:03 PM
Thanks for sharing, Capcom! I've only got as far as the first Alien introduction in Resurrection, but damn if that video wasn't funny, if only from knowing about its reputation.

No worries Hicks. I remember the developer of Alien Resurrection had an avpgalaxy news item, but no pics of said third person perspective. At the time I thought "how does the developer (themselves) not have pictures of the 3rd person beta?".

I tried playing Resurrection but quit due to difficulty and (being frank) I broke the game disc out of frustration.

Technically the game was sound due to Argonaut games developing the SNES 3D chip which was cloned by Sony during the Playstation's development.

SiL

Just finished for the first time in about 16 years and I loved it. One of the best games I've played in a long time.

I also accidentally bought two copies, so if anyone wants a PS1 Resurrection disc hit me up. :laugh:

Kimarhi

I played the hell out of it back in the day.  It was obviously rushed/unfinished, why else hire movie voice talent and not use it, but it was still spooky and difficult enough but not impossible to beat. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2019, 01:03:06 AM
Just finished for the first time in about 16 years and I loved it. One of the best games I've played in a long time.

I also accidentally bought two copies, so if anyone wants a PS1 Resurrection disc hit me up. :laugh:

Yes please  :o

SiL

Aren't you in NZ? That might even be feasible :o

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2019, 04:25:43 AM
Aren't you in NZ? That might even be feasible :o

Yup I am.

PsyKore

PsyKore

As far as 3rd person pics, I only ever saw a few ever released. Some of those ones I haven't seen before. As an aside, Isolation also started as 3rd person.

-------------

In regards to AR's difficulty, I can understand the dev's saying they thought it was too easy, because if you play it over and over again, you learn where everything is and it is actually very manageable. I probably wouldn't say it becomes "easy" but definitely not as hard as it first seems. And there is actually plenty of ammo upon repeat playthroughs.

Legendary game though. Intimidating and scary AF, but it seems to always lure you back for more. The best atmosphere and lighting style ever in an Alien game.

Also, Civvie is an awesome youtuber. Highly recommended if you like old school shooters and such.

The Old One

The Old One

It's definitely beyond the proper difficultly.

Kimarhi

I never had a real issue.  If you flip or switch or pull a lever, expect contact.   It essentially became a memory game.

One thing I never did master was the debug mode.  All I ever managed to do was make big see through Aliens. 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 14, 2019, 04:20:17 AM
I never had a real issue.  If you flip or switch or pull a lever, expect contact.   It essentially became a memory game.

One thing I never did master was the debug mode.  All I ever managed to do was make big see through Aliens. 

The method is to 180 as soon as you activate anything, then moonwalk while tapping shots into anything chasing you.

Kimarhi

Indeed pirate.

Its not like you face many different enemies either.  Only three warrior Aliens in the whole game that I can remember.

Dingbat

I had to give in and use the cheat menu, but only the infinite ammo cheat, it's still hard as hell sometimes but it's an amazing game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed